Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New Free-LC on the horizon plus more coming in Rally Point 20!

CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative AssemblyDat Horsham doePosts: 1,144Registered Users
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
Hello everyone,

We have a new announcement for you today about just part of our next free content update for ROME II, and a promise of more info to come in the next episode of Rally Point!

First up, we’ve been working on a brand new historical battle called the Battle of Pydna, which ties into the release of Total War Rome – Destroy Carthage (the first Total War novel) in the paperback format. This battle features as one of the opening (rather bloody) sequences in the book, written by Sunday Times Bestselling Author David Gibbins.
14226584081_1d204f7ccd_z.jpg

The history fans amongst you will know that this battle was fought as part of the Third Macedonian War in 168 BC and featured the massed forces of Lucius Aemilius Paullus of Rome and Perseus of Macedon on uneven terrain. It proved important in breaking the will of Macedon and gave the Romans a crucial advantage.

We were lucky enough to have a great sit-down with David, who as well as being an author is a historian, archaeologist and diver. Stay tuned to the next Rally Point for more on that.

Tomorrow we’re hoping to put out a Let’s Play which will show you the Battle of Pydna in a bit more detail.

We also have more free content, which myself and Will are going to reveal in Rally Point 20. That should be out this week! We’re putting the finishing touches to that episode now and we’ll have more for you very soon.

And before I sign off, here’s a head’s up on the double decker tease you might have seen out there this week – we’re planning TWO announcements, so another announcement coming on top of the Free-LC announcement. So you’ve only seen half the fun – you’ll have to tune in to Rally Point 20 for the next one!
BoAjA46IEAAFLae.jpg

And with it being the 20th episode of Rally Point (over 1.8m views to date, thank you so much!) we have to have a bit of our trademark silliness in there too.

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel so you don’t miss a thing:
http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thecreativeassembly

Have an A1 day!

Craig
Post edited by CraigTW on

Comments

• johanrosenjohanrosen Senior Member Posts: 232Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Yeah!
    Gustavus Adolphus
    Libera et impera
    Acerbus et ingens
    Augusta per augusta
  • ArcaianArcaian Senior Member Posts: 564Registered Users
    edited May 2014
  • Puzur-IvanPuzur-Ivan Senior Member Posts: 278Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    All I can say is a simple generic: YEAAAAHAH!!HH!!!!H!! :)
  • CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative Assembly Dat Horsham doePosts: 1,144Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Chris P Bacon's naughty post... I fixed that for you...

BoFTBD0CAAEVvAl.jpg
  • Chris P. BaconChris P. Bacon Senior Member Posts: 220Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    CraigTW wrote: »
    Chris P Bacon's naughty post... I fixed that for you...

thumbs-up-borat.jpg
    Chrispy

Team Dawi
    Team Dawi Zharr
    Team Anything that kills Greenskin scum
    Team Throgg the Troll King
    Avid Reader of the Book of Grudges

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TmZFm6NHfA
    What I'll have on repeat when playing as the Dawi
  • DetailedEyesDetailedEyes Senior Member AustraliaPosts: 4,715Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    this seems great, can't wait to see what the announcements are.
    "We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the Westfold, and the children that lie dead there. When the lives of the soldiers, whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the Gates of the Hornburg are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet, for the sport of your own crows, we shall have peace."

Theoden to Saruman at Orthanc, also my total war philosophy.
  • BleuitupBleuitup Senior Member ArgentinaPosts: 503Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Oh yes.

Good job CA
    Pls.
  • AquiloAquilo Senior Member Posts: 780Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    ah! Edge-of-seat-time again :D
    What would you have me do, Caesar?
  • bentygerbentyger Senior Member Posts: 581Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Sounds great too me :) Thanks Ca
  • 59tiger9559tiger95 Senior Member Posts: 681Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Yay I hope more factions come along also maybe not this rally point but soon
    "A man who will not die for something is not fit to live"- Martin Luther King Junior

Hey if you have the time check out my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/59tiger95
  • HowFarWouldYouGoHowFarWouldYouGo Senior Member Posts: 862Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    free dlc is always nice
  • StrachysStrachys Senior Member Posts: 249Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Oh no, more cringe worthy Rally Point silliness. :D
  • ApostolhsVlApostolhsVl Senior Member Posts: 312Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Good Job indeed! can't wait !
    Ὃ ἂν μὴ ἴδῃς μὴ λέγε. Εἰδὼς σίγα. [Do not talk about what you do not know. And when you know, don't talk either.]

Until now, we knew that Greeks were fighting like heroes; from now on we shall say that the heroes fight like Greeks
    -Winston Churchill Prime Minister of the United Kingdom-

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHJNZ8kCt9ubd3Cutu_2Cjg/featured
  • LinkeLinke Senior Member Posts: 821Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    What could it be???
  • CheesasaurusCheesasaurus Senior Member Posts: 524Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Since we're heading (slightly) east with this battle, Illyrian/Thracian faction DLC maybe?
    Rome II Campaigns
    • Completed: Rome (GC, CiG), Sparta (GC), Macedon, Iceni (GC), Suebi (GC)

Attila Campaigns
    • Completed: Franks, Sassanid Empire, Picts, Mercia (AoC), Tanukhids, Venedians, Huns, Cordoba (AoC), Suebi, Saxons, Danes (AoC)
  • CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative Assembly Dat Horsham doePosts: 1,144Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Strachys wrote: »
    Oh no, more cringe worthy Rally Point silliness. :D

Hey, come on, we were attacked by dogs, give us these small pleasures!
  • Chris42899Chris42899 Senior Member Posts: 1,028Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    So, you guys will announce a new free DLC (which will inlcude the "Battle of Pydna" plus more) and possibly another DLC? Sweet. Keep the content coming!
  • BleuitupBleuitup Senior Member ArgentinaPosts: 503Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Hey, come on, we were attacked by dogs, give us these small pleasures!

I'd be gladly attacked by dogs if I could get my hands on that collector's edition =(
    Pls.
  • Brutally HonestBrutally Honest Senior Member Posts: 570Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Excitement - Disappointment - Excitement - Disappointment - Excitement - Disappointment.
    I feel so sorry for the developing team. Due to the lack of communications with the ambitious PR team they've had so much stress and so many problems to deal with.
  • HastatHastat Senior Member Posts: 494Registered Users
    edited May 2014
  • eagle1_07eagle1_07 Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited May 2014

Have an A1 day!

Craig

Breaking Bad B*tch!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DetailedEyesDetailedEyes Senior Member AustraliaPosts: 4,715Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Hastat wrote: »
    Are there going to be any other FLC soon beside the historical battle?

Read the whole thing properly,

"We also have more free content, which myself and Will are going to reveal in Rally Point 20. That should be out this week! We’re putting the finishing touches to that episode now and we’ll have more for you very soon."
    "We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the Westfold, and the children that lie dead there. When the lives of the soldiers, whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the Gates of the Hornburg are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet, for the sport of your own crows, we shall have peace."

Theoden to Saruman at Orthanc, also my total war philosophy.
  • VarangosVarangos Senior Member Posts: 109Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Good work CA. Keep it up!
  • GrandChamp89GrandChamp89 Senior Member Posts: 1,508Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Sounds promising... A Macedon historic battle..

Maybe, just maybe one could hope for a Thracian/Dacian free LC.

I just hope the next expansion isn't anymore celts. Rumors of Britannia DLC being up next make me shutter at the thought of grinding through anymore celts.
    "It's the hottest fire that forge the strongest steel"
  • velitesvelites Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    Macedonian phalanx: the weapons (-sarissas) of the first five rows of men (-not three like in Total War Rome 2) all projected beyond the front of the formation (Like in Rome Total War). Can you make it?
    5cb4ccad574767eb16cc728ee8f92433.jpg
  • PhoenixStudiosPhoenixStudios Senior Member Posts: 507Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    WOOT WOOT! So excited!
    when i saw the Double Decker bar, the first thing I thought of was Craig eating the candy bar while Will's legs are behind his head, and then Craig throws Will OFF of a high dive.
    Don't ask.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 7,081
    edited May 2014
    I'll reserve my judgement for now but I seriously hope siege AI is a subject that is featured quite heavily in this "Double Decker" episode of Rally point and it isn't just swept "under the wheels"
  • BorsookBorsook Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    While things like additional free content are great, am I the only person thinking that announcing an announcement is rather silly?
  • JaM1977JaM1977 Senior Member Posts: 1,793Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    yup... plus, just the historical battle? you can make that battle with units already in the game.. no need to do anything besides creating the map... :)
  • jackiebrownjackiebrown Senior Member Posts: 258Registered Users
    edited May 2014
    *cough-add India-cough*