Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Campaign Map - Regions, Resources, Fertility, Clans & Ports (web-based)

ordinaryordinary Junior MemberPosts: 5Registered Users
edited July 2014 in Total War: Shogun 2
I made a map of the campaign – with resources, initial clan positions, ports, towns, fertility information, etc.

Let me know if the map is helpful and if it can be improved (and if there are any obvious errors).

Initial clan positions were borrowed from Dribbs and a bunch of fertility & resource info was scavenged from dutch81, Praetorian_BGX and gozer at twcenter.

http://shogun.bitcrumbs.com/

resourcemap_screen_600px.jpg
Post edited by ordinary on

Comments

• NabeshimaNabeshima Senior Member Posts: 511Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    very nice!

But at first sight, you missed all Farming bonuses, wich provides +1 Food to the Region !

In fact only 3 Regions out of 65 are w/o any Specialty or resource
  • VampiresbaneVampiresbane Senior Member Posts: 205Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Wow, this is outstanding. Bookmarked it, but too bad I can't print it out to use while I play the game. You've truly blown my mind with how well this is put together. CA should honestly put this somewhere on their website and/or stickied on the forums.

Bravo. Just absolutely tremendous.
  • GGTeMpLaRGGTeMpLaR Member Posts: 43Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    amazing map =D

wish i could have it on my wall
  • ordinaryordinary Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Nabeshima wrote: »
    very nice!
    But at first sight, you missed all Farming bonuses, wich provides +1 Food to the Region !
    In fact only 3 Regions out of 65 are w/o any Specialty or resource

I was under the impression that all provinces come with farming. Are you saying that there are three provinces that don't have a farm slot? Which ones?

Looking around the map in-game, even the Waco and Namban bases up north come with farm slots.
  • RaduRadu Senior Member Posts: 421Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Great map! Each region having the initial clan's colors will make it perfect!!!
  • MaegMaeg Member Posts: 54Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Awesome Map

good job keep it up.
  • BerntBernt Member Posts: 72Registered Users
    edited March 2011
  • Rastafari_KenRastafari_Ken Senior Member Posts: 903Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    It is people like you that make the TW community awesome.

Thanks!
    edited March 2011
    ordinary wrote: »
    I was under the impression that all provinces come with farming. Are you saying that there are three provinces that don't have a farm slot? Which ones?

Looking around the map in-game, even the Waco and Namban bases up north come with farm slots.

No you misunderstood what I meant...
    All regions have a farm slots!
    Since this is no specialty or resource.

But when you browse the Encyclopedia,
    it says that only Owari, Osumi and Harima are w/o any specialtiy or resource.

Sadly the discription in the encyclopedia is very poor in this point,
    the Farming bonus of +1 Food provided in some regions is not especially mentioned.
    Its only linked direct to the Level 1 Farming Slot (Ricefields) but in fact it gives you extra food in those regions.

You can easily test it,
    start with Chosokabe, conquer Iyo and than calulate (or look) at you food production.
    It will be 1 point higher than the farming slots are providing food.
    Means that Iyo (and other regions with this special) will produce a minium of 2 Food each turn,
    not 1 like the ones w/o this special.

EDT:

Check out this one...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430337
    edited March 2011
    Radu wrote: »
    Great map! Each region having the initial clan's colors will make it perfect!!!

its just fine the way it is, so the colours show the fertility of the region on first sight - great !
  • XooXoo Senior Member Posts: 2,997Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Good general-view ;)
    Carthage > Burn Rome :p
    Macedon > Burn Rome :D
  • RaduRadu Senior Member Posts: 421Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    its just fine the way it is, so the colours show the fertility of the region on first sight - great !

now i understand the choice of colors. 10x for explaining ;)
  • KurkistanKurkistan Senior Member Posts: 293Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Very professionally done. Added to GttG.

Some minor errors that I noticed:
    Castles require stone for construction too, while you only cite citadels as needing stone.

In the description for Hallowed Ground, you describe the "greater +xp to bow and baginata monks"

There is an extraneous "<./p>" at the end of the description of the Ninja chain.
  • Sir MaruSir Maru Senior Member Posts: 202Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Great resource. I bookmarked it. Thanks.
    edited March 2011
    No you misunderstood what I meant...]

Hmm…
    I’ve seen the twcenter thread and did in fact scavenge a bunch of info from it initially, but was cross-referencing with the game as well, and as far as I can tell, there are no ‘extra’ food bonuses. Just double-checked again and the three provinces you listed have the exact same food production as all other provinces with the same tier of the farming chain.

As far as your Chosokabe example, my guess is that by the time you conquer Iyo, the AI has already upgraded its farms to Improved Irrigation, which gives +2 food. (Both Tosa and Iyo start with Rice Paddies (+1 food), Improved Irrigation takes 3 turns and it takes at least 4 turns to conquer Iyo.)

Where in the encyclopedia does it say that Owari, Osumi and Harima don’t have any specialy/resource? I’m starting to think we have different versions of the encyclopedia ;)
    edited March 2011
    Hmm…
    I’ve seen the twcenter thread and did in fact scavenge a bunch of info from it initially, but was cross-referencing with the game as well, and as far as I can tell, there are no ‘extra’ food bonuses. Just double-checked again and the three provinces you listed have the exact same food production as all other provinces with the same tier of the farming chain.

Ok then you must have seen the ones with the F - for Farming
    wich is discribed by +1 Food production.

As far as your Chosokabe example, my guess is that by the time you conquer Iyo, the AI has already upgraded its farms to Improved Irrigation, which gives +2 food. (Both Tosa and Iyo start with Rice Paddies (+1 food), Improved Irrigation takes 3 turns and it takes at least 4 turns to conquer Iyo.)

LOL at least 4 Turns ???
    No no, I managed it in Turn 2 to conquer it,
    Just hide in turn 1 direct to the border and ambush his army
    between turn 1 and 2, so the way is free to an empty city at start of turn 2.
    It was definatly a tier 1 farming ground when I conquered it.

But even if I had conquered it later,
    i would have recognized the difference of tier1 or tier2 building.
    It was only meant as simple example, so you can try it on your own without spending much time
    to do it.....
    Where in the encyclopedia does it say that Owari, Osumi and Harima don’t have any specialy/resource? I’m starting to think we have different versions of the encyclopedia ;)

Well mine isn´t english :p
    but when you look at the encyvlopedia map,
    you can click on every singe region and see its description,
    so there you can see the special of this region.
    The three I mentioned, didn´t have ones in their description....
    Sorry I don´t know how to explain it better :(

Maybe you look in these folder/files on you pc

file:///C:/Program%20Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/total%20war%20shogun%202/data/encyclopedia/regions/jap_iyo.html

But believe me, a region with "Farming Bonus" as specialtiy can Produce 5 Food with a Tier4 Farming ground.
  • dutch81dutch81 Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    For those of you interested in where this started please look here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430337&highlight=region+map

You will also find maps that are easy to print ... TWC is a great resource for people who love the TW series please check out all we have to offer.
  • WintermistWintermist Senior Member SwedenPosts: 4,296Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Wow, this was really well done. Thanks for it, I totally bookmarked it.
    My DirectX Diag: DxDiag.txt
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for all the feedback thus far! A bunch of errors have been fixed. In addition, the map now has town locations (marked with boring black dots) and clan info + bonuses (hover over mon to see).
    Kurkistan wrote: »
    Very professionally done. Added to GttG.
    Some minor errors that I noticed:
    Castles require stone for construction too, while you only cite citadels as needing stone. In the description for Hallowed Ground, you describe the "greater +xp to bow and baginata monks" There is an extraneous "<./p>" at the end of the description of the Ninja chain.

All fixed, thanks for pointing these out, Kurkistan.

Nabeshima:
    Didn’t mean to suggest one *can’t* conquer Iyo in under 4 turns – was just trying to explain to myself why you might be seeing an increase in food production.

I can only go by what I can reproduce in my game and I am unable to reproduce a situation where food supply in a province increases beyond what is provided for by farming upgrades and arts research. (I did, just to make sure, follow your example and conquered Iyo before the AI had a chance to upgrade its farm – I didn’t discover any extra food bonuses).

As far the encyclopedia listing a “farming bonus” under some provinces and not others – dunno – my guess is, it’s just one of several oversights. (Kazusa, for instance, is supposed to have iron, according to the encyclopedia, but doesn’t.)
  • jangirijangiri Junior Member Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Nice map sir. I just noticed that there is an empty icon on the resource/specialty slot just wondering what is it for or if you missed on something? Also, if I may request for you to include the emblem of the minor clans on the province details when you scroll on the map. Dribbs made a table for the starting positions and has included the emblem of all the clans in the game. Here's the link:

http://www.online-assault.com/z_other/Shogun2/provinces/index.htm
  • HKagemushaHKagemusha Senior Member Posts: 207Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    I love this, perfect for a perfectionist like me who wants to map out exactly what provinces to take in each campaign.

I noticed a couple mistakes skimming through, mostly typos and I have to run atm so I'll check more specifics later but a couple that stood out:
    - You have Mori listed as having bonuses to their general's loyalty. You have Shimazu correctly listed, I'm guessing you just forgot to take that out of the Mori clan's description.
    - Hovering over the Iron and Warhorse resource descriptions does not circle the Northern trading post for Iron or the one for Warhorses off the coast of Chugoku (I can't remember the names of the trading posts atm).

Regardless, awesome work and thanks!
  • GoliathGoliath Senior Member Posts: 112Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    great work, should definitely be stickied!
  • WargamerWargamer Senior Member Posts: 525Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Excellent map. very helpful.

"Farming specialty" has no +1 food. Most likely someone got confused because when he conquered the region the farm was already upgraded. I experimented with it, I am sure.

North Shinano had nothing when I conquered it on the third turn.
  • nakadrugsnakadrugs Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    ordinary, please update your campaign map include the Ikko Ikki as a playable clan and also add their clan profile as well.
  • King RufusKing Rufus Senior Member HispaniaPosts: 1,742Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    Great great work, terribly impressive.
    "Organized chaos is your best friend, as it will always seem as pure chaos to your opponent."

My entrance into filmmaking. http://www.youtube.com/TripleGTrinity
  • SeizingTheDaySeizingTheDay Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited July 2014
    Link doesn't work
  • easytargeteasytarget Senior Member Posts: 2,315Registered Users
    edited July 2014
    Every link in this thread worked except the first one. Which is actually a bit amazing really.

Pretty comical necro'ing a 3 year old thread to tell us one link doesn't work.

Stay on the job detective, alert us should you find some more 3 year old links that don't work.
    This space intentionally left blank.