Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch 14 Live Now!

Joey CAJoey CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 743Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
edited August 2014 in Total War: ROME II
Hey all!

After lots of constructive and well-appreciated feedback from you guys, we've just officially released a huge patch for ROME II, bringing with it numerous optimizations and game play improvements, and a big focus on siege AI.

Along with a host of significant battle and campaign improvements, this patch enables the battle AI to use its siege equipment more effectively, and employ its combined forces with a much greater level of co-ordination. This provides the player with a sharpened level of challenge, and a considerably more satisfying siege-battle experience.

The patch has been in open beta since Tuesday, and you've already been talking about the great improvements it brings.

And for the full patch notes, head to our official Wiki: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_14

See you on the battlefield!

Joey CA
The Community Coordinator for Total War: WARHAMMER

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Post edited by Joey CA on

Comments

• svehlic25svehlic25 Senior Member Posts: 1,173Registered Users
    edited July 2014
    any changes from the beta?
    MOBO: ASUS Z87 Gryphon Z87 Socket 1150
    CPU: Intel i5 4670K at 4.4ghz OC
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780Ti Kingpin Classified Edition
    COOLING: Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler
    DRIVES: HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB 64MB Cache SATA3, SSD: Corsair Force Series GT 240GB SATA3
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W ATX Power Supply
    CASE: NZXT PHANTOM Enthusiast ATX Full Tower
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Cair Andros GarrisonPosts: 8,288Registered Users
    edited July 2014
    Will we see you on the battlefield, ma'am?

Also, thanks CA. :D
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein
    In Nico We Trust

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg
  • Joey CAJoey CA Creative Assembly Posts: 743Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited July 2014

I live on the battlefield Sir!

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Joey CAJoey CA Creative Assembly Posts: 743Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited July 2014

• DetailedEyesDetailedEyes Senior Member AustraliaPosts: 4,715Registered Users
    edited July 2014
    Doesn't seem to be any changes in the changelog, guess we'll be waiting for reported stuff :rolleyes:
    "We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the Westfold, and the children that lie dead there. When the lives of the soldiers, whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the Gates of the Hornburg are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet, for the sport of your own crows, we shall have peace."

Theoden to Saruman at Orthanc, also my total war philosophy.
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Cair Andros GarrisonPosts: 8,288Registered Users
    edited July 2014
    Joey CA wrote: »

Capital! It seems that i've now played everyone but Nico. :D
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"

"Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein
    In Nico We Trust

edited July 2014
    svehlic25 wrote: »

There have been no additions to the patch notes from beta to public.

edited July 2014

ok thanks, BTW are there more patches in development?
    DRIVES: HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB 64MB Cache SATA3, SSD: Corsair Force Series GT 240GB SATA3
  • WintermistWintermist Senior Member SwedenPosts: 4,805Registered Users
    edited July 2014
    Weeeeeeeeeeehaaaw! I even got my **** sponked on the battlefield earlier today, unwalled city-map!
    My DirectX Diag: DxDiag.txt
    edited July 2014
    Well the list on the wiki says next update coming soon, so 15 isn't out of the question :rolleyes:
    "We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the Westfold, and the children that lie dead there. When the lives of the soldiers, whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the Gates of the Hornburg are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet, for the sport of your own crows, we shall have peace."

edited July 2014
    Wintermist wrote: »
    Weeeeeeeeeeehaaaw! I even got my **** sponked on the battlefield earlier today, unwalled city-map!

That happened to me yesterday. Bloody Punic Rebels. :(

Team Elize von Carstein
    In Nico We Trust

edited July 2014
    Well the list on the wiki says next update coming soon, so 15 isn't out of the question :rolleyes:

Could mean a DLC/feature patch, not necessarily dedicated fixes. But I am hopeful
    edited July 2014
    ok thanks, BTW are there more patches in development?

There will be a sticky when information is ready to be announced and discussed and not until then, sorry buddy.

edited July 2014
    There will be a sticky when information is ready to be announced and discussed and not until then, sorry buddy.

So you can't even tell me if patching is continuing??? Really??? :)
  • MoutonMouton Senior Member Posts: 973Registered Users
    edited July 2014

Yes patching is continuing but no, you cannot have yet information on what is gonna be fixed/add in next patch.
    Check out my incredible Youtube account !
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gh3LYIaGuec
    edited July 2014
    Mouton wrote: »
    Yes patching is continuing but no, you cannot have yet information on what is gonna be fixed/add in next patch.

I wasnt asking for info or details. I have been around long enough to know thats a lost cause :) All I was asking is if dedicated patching is continuing, as in 15,16 etc.
    edited July 2014
    NDAs are everywhere man, I operate under one as a night worker, it stands to reason game developers would too.

• AxefaceAxeface Senior Member Posts: 806Registered Users
    edited July 2014
    Thanks CA, good patch! More work to be done though hmm?Keep going and I'll keep buying your dlc's.
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 6,827Registered Users
    edited July 2014

Thank you for asking this....

... and thank you for your answer.
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
    edited July 2014
    NDAs are everywhere man, I operate under one as a night worker, it stands to reason game developers would too.

I just thought I would ask. Patch 14 will likely be their most popular yet. And I don't want CA to get comfy in some new-found love from the community. I would still like to see some things fixed. Game still has issues, even a few siege issues that persist.

And yes, all things considered 14 has been fantastic. Great job indeed
    edited July 2014

Have you not just broken it by disclosing it's existence? ;)

Team Elize von Carstein
    In Nico We Trust

• DuckyDuck[NL]DuckyDuck[NL] Senior Member Posts: 1,114Registered Users
    edited July 2014
    I wasnt asking for info or details. I have been around long enough to know thats a lost cause :) All I was asking is if dedicated patching is continuing, as in 15,16 etc.

YES of course it will, They said that RTW II is going to be supported for years with DLCs and patches where not even on 1 year support.

But i dont understand why there are no small updates to the beta. Aren't there new bugs with beta 14 "Yes there are" whats the point of a beta if it dont get fixes.
  • LeadStarDudeLeadStarDude Senior Member Posts: 204Registered Users
    edited July 2014
    I did not try this patch when it was in beta. How good is it? Can anyone tell me if it really makes a difference?
    Alienware 18 Laptop
    Intel Core i7-4900MQ factory OCed to 4.0GHz
    32GB DDR3 RAM (4x8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1600MHz)
    2 x 4GB GTX 780M in SLI (2x 256-bit with 3072 CUDA cores total)
    2 x 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD (2TB total)
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

http://www.game-debate.com/members/index.php?member=LeadStarDude
    edited July 2014
    I did not try this patch when it was in beta. How good is it? Can anyone tell me if it really makes a difference?
    Well if the Siege AI before was a baby, it's now a teenager, capable of doing lots of things and has great potential but has some issues sometimes :rolleyes:

edited July 2014
    Anyone else have a feeling Rally Point 21 is coming today or tomorrow with news of a new dlc? Or is it just me
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Senior Member Posts: 2,002Registered Users
    edited July 2014
    Anyone else have a feeling Rally Point 21 is coming today or tomorrow with news of a new dlc? Or is it just me

I'm hopeful as well
    Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE
  • The Germans are comingThe Germans are coming Senior Member Posts: 731Registered Users
    edited July 2014
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

now when will you announce the next DLC!? :p

Considering how much time you had, I expect it to be epic.
    Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win.
    - Gary Lineker
  • CamilitusCamilitus Junior Member Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited July 2014
    OK, i remember the first total war. I remember all the stuipd bugs from then 'till now. Past favourites include suicidal generals from medieval ("have u tired the boiling oil sir? its delicious!") to the no ai sea invasions of empire (british isles anyone?). Rome has sadly suffered **** poor siege ai, and generally bad ai anyway. I, and countless others have said so repeatedly, at length, quite loudly. But i will shut up now. Hang up my megaphone, go get my furry slippers. Me and a friend played a co-op with patch 14 (previously a laughably easy/stupid idea for two vets).
    but....(on legendary)

baktria+scynthia - battered by turn 60 odd
    messengentae+ scythia - fought to a standsill by turn 120
    egypt +selecuid - battered by turn 55 odd
    now trying rome+ carthage.... its turn 40 odd and its not looking good for carthage atm.....

Its safe to say am really enjoying rome atm, but the forums wouldn't be the forums if i didn't add that CA should take a look at their DLC release programme.... When u have unit pack mods that number in the hundreds, asking £5+ for a half dozen plus unlocks and some frills is just a bit embarrasssing... After all these guys prevented rome from being a IL2-COD, ( a great game, bugged to hell, eventually fixed, but by then...nobody cared/noticed).

Favourite mods: traits talents and toadies and Champloo's unit gold compliation (- which is so good u think it shipped with the game.
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Senior Member Posts: 2,002Registered Users
    edited July 2014
    Question- if there was no update to Patch 14 Beta based on user feedback, why was it in beta at all?
    Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE
  • romanimperialXXIXromanimperialXXIX Senior Member Posts: 229Registered Users
    edited July 2014
    Question- if there was no update to Patch 14 Beta based on user feedback, why was it in beta at all?

I suppose its for the next patch, hopefully...
    But at least patch 14 was indeed a good improvement.