Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Campaign camera problem

Lord KimboLord Kimbo Junior MemberPosts: 3Registered Users
edited January 2014 in Total War Eras Support
Hello,

having a problem in the campiagn with the camera. Basically I am unable to move the camera around using the w a s d keys and am now having to click on the map with the mouse to move around my map.

Aside from the obvious checking if my keyboard is working (it is) and checking the controls to see if I have changed anything (nope) I am at a loss.

Will try re-installing if no one else has experienced this.
Post edited by Lord Kimbo on

Comments

• Lord KimboLord Kimbo Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    quick update.

Just tried a new campaign and camera control is fine. Also tried loading up other campaigns and its fine also. Just the camera seems to be broken on my current campaign:confused:
  • Max0001Max0001 Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Just happened to me there as well. Hitting next turn, reloading & restarting the game didn't help but loading an earlier save game where the bug wasn't present fixed it and thankfully it hasn't happened again.
  • General P. LustigGeneral P. Lustig Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Ive got the same problems.
    But i cant load an older savegame, i play the hardest difficultlevel. :/
    So... need also a fix.
  • Alicia-XAlicia-X Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    I also have this problem in my legendary game. Since there is one save, I also cannot revert to a previous state. I have tried several things to correct this problem, such as ending the turn, reloading, rebooting, resetting all my preferences, deleting all my preferences, etc. It has been possible to look past the slew of other bugs contained in this game so far; however, this is a game breaker.

Creative Assembly has continued to release unpolished, unfinished, and bug filled games since Total War: Medieval 2, the severity of which seem to increase with each new release. It is understandable to expect a small amount of bugs with an initial release. Personally, I am tired of supporting game companies, such as Creative assembly, who continue the practice of poor quality assurance (QA). In fact, I would like a refund on my purchase. If I buy something broken from the store, I can return it. Software should not be an exception. Does the game contain sever game breaking bugs? Will Creative Assembly offer a refund to me? I will hold my breath.

I believe this is the last time I will support the Creative Assembly. Until this developer diverts some attention from its hype department and focuses more on QA, I will no longer purchase games from them and actively advise others to do the same.

-Ali.
  • bobogirth1bobogirth1 Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    Wow, glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm currently in a campaign coop, but it's pretty much a corrupted save file as far as I can tell/read on other postings. This just hit me the other day and I thought my keyboard was messed up at first. Unfortunately the only "fix" is to reload a previous save. Now I know of Legendary you can't, so depending on how far out you are, there doesn't seem to be an actual fix to this and you may just be out of luck. But if you're not Legendary, try and reload an earlier save. I know it sucks, but fortunately my brother and I weren't too far ahead (only a couple of rounds) and we reloaded and my WASD controls were back. Crossing fingers it doesn't come back! BTW, if anyone knows/heard of any other fixes, please let me know.
    Edit: Sorry didn't see this was under Single player campaign heading, I just searched and found it. But it seems it hits Coop Campaign as well!!
  • WeehamishWeehamish Banned Posts: 39Banned Users
    edited May 2011
    Alicia-X To make them even think about this, we will need to start a petition and get everyone to sign, then send it to the publishers to show that they are not even testing their games before release! I mean come on it never even had DX11 untill now, and it doesnt even WORK!

THEY ARE PATHETIC! They are a super rich company and only care about getting richer! IF you look closely they game is almost the same as NTW, its same engine the lot, it wouldnt have took long for them convert it to shogun! Not a company that size, the longest part would of been the videos maybe?

They have rushed release and the game is buggy as hell! Ive never had a decent campaign yet! Theres just so many crashes and bugs, but they wont change anything since people always buy their games, look at empire i played it once on release and never again! I skipped NTW fullstop, they try rob us with DLC, My bro got the gold edition on steam for 6 quid!

But its not just CA its every games developer these days nothing gets released furnished, all about greed!
  • categoricalcategorical Junior Member Posts: 14Registered Users
    edited October 2011
    Since I believe this is the most game-breaking bug in the game, I thought I'd post here that I have now seen this issue 4 times on legendary.

This is definitely a bug and there are many other posts in this very forum and in others about it. I believe this bug has been in the game since release.

Can someone please fix this bug or forward its existence to the devs? Thanks
  • SanityIsOverratedSanityIsOverrated Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    Hello folks!

Good news, I've at least found a hack to solve this issue.

I've only recently bought Shogun 2. It's an amazing game, much better than Empire (last part of the series I played). Especially enjoying playing coop campaign with a friend. And there it happened, after reloading from a previous save game, I couldn't scroll anymore. I've continued using only clicks on the minimap until our game got desync and neither one of us could end the round (but this is another issue). At this point we started comparing and experimenting on the save game files. Sending him my save file, we could continue with the campaign. But now both of us had the scroll bug. :D That's because the culprit is in the save itself.

Here is what helped us - no guarantees:
    0) Make a copy of your save or don't (can it get worse?)
    1) Download the Empire Savegame Editor and open the problematic save file with it.
    2) Go to CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME -> CAMPAIGN_ENV -> CAMPAIGN_CAMERA_MANAGER within the tree (there's an additional child, you can ignore that). There'll be a zero in the right list, nothing else. Change it to 1.
    3) Save and play.
    4) That's really it. Camera might be anywhere in the campaign view, but since you can scroll again, who cares?

Note: I've checked, the zero is there in any save, even working ones. So this isn't the faulty setting per se, but changing it seems to trigger some kind of reset.

Regards,
    SanityIsOverrated
  • ArnebjarneArnebjarne Member Posts: 35Registered Users
    edited February 2012
    Same here, camera can't be moved, must be fixed, campaign is destroyed- many hours. It's a first, bought game spring last year. I play legendary only. Tried everything including rebooting computer.

When do you have a solution ?
  • thingsinlifethingsinlife Junior Member Posts: 17Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Same here, campaign camera stuck, cant move.

When I start new campaign, everythings fine tho.
  • BadragBadrag Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Hello folks!

Good news, I've at least found a hack to solve this issue.

I've only recently bought Shogun 2. It's an amazing game, much better than Empire (last part of the series I played). Especially enjoying playing coop campaign with a friend. And there it happened, after reloading from a previous save game, I couldn't scroll anymore. I've continued using only clicks on the minimap until our game got desync and neither one of us could end the round (but this is another issue). At this point we started comparing and experimenting on the save game files. Sending him my save file, we could continue with the campaign. But now both of us had the scroll bug. :D That's because the culprit is in the save itself.

Here is what helped us - no guarantees:
    0) Make a copy of your save or don't (can it get worse?)
    1) Download the Empire Savegame Editor and open the problematic save file with it.
    2) Go to CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME -> CAMPAIGN_ENV -> CAMPAIGN_CAMERA_MANAGER within the tree (there's an additional child, you can ignore that). There'll be a zero in the right list, nothing else. Change it to 1.
    3) Save and play.
    4) That's really it. Camera might be anywhere in the campaign view, but since you can scroll again, who cares?

Note: I've checked, the zero is there in any save, even working ones. So this isn't the faulty setting per se, but changing it seems to trigger some kind of reset.

Regards,
    SanityIsOverrated

This worked perfectly for me! Had to use the new version of the editor, which can be found here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?623719

Thanks Sanity!