Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Are the Maratha's unable to use fire by rank drill?

Deaf Frat GuyDeaf Frat Guy Junior MemberPosts: 1Registered Users
edited August 2010 in Empire: Total War
I've already researched it, but in the last battle I fought against the Mughal's, I noticed that only the front rank of my line infantry were firing. Fire by rank worked for me when I played with other European factions, so whats the deal?
Post edited by Deaf Frat Guy on

Comments

• CliffCliff Senior Member Posts: 226Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    The Marathas aren't supposed to have the Fire by Rank ability.
  • BajskakanBajskakan Senior Member Posts: 143Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    Cliff wrote: »
    The Marathas aren't supposed to have the Fire by Rank ability.

Yet they are able to research it... how sloppy of CA.
    [PORTABLE-ID]bajskakan[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • secret spysecret spy Banned Posts: 786Banned Users
    edited August 2010
    no , before u jump to conclusions, im sure some of their units can use it (i know for certain they did in the 1.5 patch but dont know about 1.6)
  • jeromejerome Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    only certin units can fire by rank. that goes for all faction's in the game
  • Billy RuffianBilly Ruffian Moderator UKPosts: 27,999Registered Users, Moderators
    edited August 2010
    Bajskakan wrote: »
    Yet they are able to research it... how sloppy of CA.

As far as I remember they used to have fire by rank but it was removed for most units, if not all, in one of the patches.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    edited August 2010
    As far as I remember they used to have fire by rank but it was removed for most units, if not all, in one of the patches.

Yes, I know in 1.4. But they didn't bother to remove it from maratha's technology tree.
  • Billy RuffianBilly Ruffian Moderator UKPosts: 27,999Registered Users, Moderators
    edited August 2010
    Perhaps they did not want to make the Polymath achievement easier and couldn't think of a replacement.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • GSCGSC Senior Member Posts: 1,687Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    Imagine how strong Marathas AI would be...
  • ColfaxColfax Senior Member Posts: 967Registered Users
    edited August 2010
    GSC wrote: »
    Imagine how strong Marathas AI would be...

Totally, instead of them invading the Caribbean or Iceland at some point, the image of the Maratha Confederacy leader would just pop up on your monitor screen and would start saying things like "I demand $1,000,000 . . . :p"
    Vinum bonum sapere. Nunc est bibendum. Italia patria populi Romani et aliorum populorum est.
    edited August 2010
    Colfax wrote: »
    Totally, instead of them invading the Caribbean or Iceland at some point, the image of the Maratha Confederacy leader would just pop up on your monitor screen and would start saying things like "I demand $1,000,000 . . . :p"

...or use a voodoo doll on you.