Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition announced

Nico CANico CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 1,222Registered Users
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
We’ve announced the definitive version of ROME II – the Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition.

Emperor Edition collects together all free content to date, which includes wide-ranging revisions, additions to game features and adds a brand new Campaign Pack expansion, ‘Imperator Augustus’.

Most importantly, existing ROME II players will receive all of the above content via automatic update on the day of launch, upgrading them to Emperor Edition at no cost.

We go into a lot of detail about what’s included in this month’s episode of Rally Point, so join Craig and Matty in this episode to find out more.

[video=youtube_share;aukvxuZ1VcM]

A beta will be available soon that will test some of the features in Emperor Edition, please keep an eye on our Facebook, Twitter and official forum for details!
- CA Senior Community Coordinator -

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Post edited by Nico CA on

Comments

• Nico CANico CA Creative Assembly Posts: 1,222Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    F.A.Q

If I buy ROME II today (or at any point up to the launch of Emperor Edition) will I still get the free upgrade to Emperor Edition when it launches?
    Yes.

What platforms will Emperor Edition be available for?
    Mac and PC via Steamplay, buy it once and play it on both platforms.

If you already own ROME II, you will be granted a Mac version of the game for free, again via Steamplay.

Does the Emperor Edition contain all DLC?
    The Emperor Edition contains all Free-LC and content updates that have been applied to ROME II since launch , including but not limited to Pontus, Seleucid, Getae and Baktrian factions, Wonders & Seasons, touch controls, twitch.tv integration, roster updates for Carthage, Epirus and Suebi, additional units (Hexbearers, African Elephants, etc, etc), new achievements, Battle of Pydna, new seasonal festival events and so forth.

If you already own ROME II and have updated it to the latest version via Steam, you will already have access to this content.

The Emperor Edition will also include the new Imperator Augustus Campaign Pack DLC. This is a brand new Campaign Pack DLC launching at the same time as the Emperor Edition.

All other paid-for ROME II DLC is not included in the Emperor Edition, but is compatible with it.

I already own ROME II, how do I get the Emperor Edition and the Imperator Augustus Campaign Pack DLC when it releases?
    On launch day, your version of ROME II will automatically update to the Emperor Edition like any other update or patch (as long as you have set the game to auto-update via Steam) and the Imperator Augustus Campaign Pack will become available for you to download.

When will the Emperor Edition launch?
    Very soon, follow us on Facebook, Twitter or check on the official forums for the release date announcement in the next couple of weeks.

Does this mean that once the Emperor Edition is launched, there be no more DLC or Free-LC for ROME II released?
    No.

What will happen to the original version of ROME II once the Emperor Edition is released?
    There will no longer be an original version of ROME II, all versions on sale will be the Emperor Edition. If you find an original version of ROME II on sale in a shop at any point in the future, bring it home and install it, it will be upgraded via Steam to the Emperor Edition.

What ‘s this about a beta?
    There will be an experimental beta released soon that will test SOME of the features going into the Emperor Edition. If you are interested in trying it out follow us on Facebook, Twitter or check on the official forums for news as it breaks.

So Imperator Augustus Campaign Pack, what’s in that?
    Like Caesar in Gaul and Hannibal at the Gates, it’s set on a new version of the Campaign Map (biggest yet for a Campaign Pack, with the most playable factions), and it’ll put you in the midst of the Triumvirate War that originally lead to the enshrinement of Rome’s first Emperor. Will you recreate that incredible feat or usurp that outcome? We will be letting you know all the details and features shortly, keep an eye on the forums and Facebook, also our Twitch Channel for some up-coming streams.

Some retailers are listing the wrong details for Emperor Edition?
    All legitimate retailers have been contacted well before now and told to correct their information. If you have ordered from a retailer and you have questions about the details they are listing, please contact them.
    - CA Senior Community Coordinator -

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • NimbusriderNimbusrider Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    Looks sick CA! Keep up the awesome work!
  • LarisLaris Senior Member Posts: 160Registered Users
    edited August 2014
  • MithrasTruthMithrasTruth Senior Member Posts: 1,008Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    Cheers Jack!
  • DetailedEyesDetailedEyes Senior Member AustraliaPosts: 4,715Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    Free upgrade, wooo!

And Hoody with the creepy shirt reveal :D
    "We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the Westfold, and the children that lie dead there. When the lives of the soldiers, whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the Gates of the Hornburg are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet, for the sport of your own crows, we shall have peace."

Theoden to Saruman at Orthanc, also my total war philosophy.
  • NintenraxNintenrax Senior Member Posts: 339Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    It looks like CA really listened to their fans. Thanks for the upgrade CA! Great work!
    Add me on Steam: Nintenrax
    Team Macedon
  • TheCrazyHeadGamerTheCrazyHeadGamer Senior Member Posts: 1,036Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    Does this mean that once the Emperor Edition is launched, there be no more DLC or Free-LC for ROME II released?
    No.

No as in "it doesn't mean that there will be no more DLC" or No as in "There will be no more DLC" ?
    TheCrazyHeadGamer have spoken !

My Youtube Channel
    edited August 2014
    Multiple civil wars and armies swapping sides, WOOOO!

Thanks CA for listening to people.
    "We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the Westfold, and the children that lie dead there. When the lives of the soldiers, whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the Gates of the Hornburg are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet, for the sport of your own crows, we shall have peace."

• MithrasTruthMithrasTruth Senior Member Posts: 1,008Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    Wait wait wait!!! Where's Will the madman?! I wondered why this episode was quiet and structured - we had a German in there instead.
  • comrade_dragocomrade_drago Senior Member Posts: 604Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    This is awesome thanks ca will the building changes and civil war be in grand campaign and the new campaign ?
    come check out my channel for some great total war videos and im a starting channel so i could use all the support i can get from great people like you !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtF8GR4dGBKqYSHQZ2YJLrw
  • Jack_Lusted_CAJack_Lusted_CA Creative Assembly Brighton, UKPosts: 1,343Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited August 2014
    No.

No as in "it doesn't mean that there will be no more DLC" or No as in "There will be no more DLC" ?

The first, not the latter.
    Game Director - Thrones of Britannia

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    edited August 2014
    No.

there will be more is what it means
    come check out my channel for some great total war videos and im a starting channel so i could use all the support i can get from great people like you !

• Zidious GZidious G Senior Member Posts: 258Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, yeah more DLC-money for the greedy owners. Maybe one day, I can enjoy the game at all, when the stuttering and bugs are fixed.
    edited August 2014
    Zidious G wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah more DLC-money for the greedy owners. Maybe one day, I can enjoy the game at all, when the stuttering and bugs are fixed.
    You know this is a free upgrade for all owners right?

• jonathanridings@gmail.com[email protected] Senior Member Posts: 1,054Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    Oh my god oh my god oh my god
  • EldraxEldrax Senior Member Posts: 146Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    Awesome ca
    CA Dogbert : "It's ok. I'll suck it off." - TW Attila Stream 2015

No wounded enemy is to be blessed with merciful passing!
    I would make example of all those who dare raise hand against the glory of Rome!

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
    RAM: 16GB Dual Channell
    Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING
    Videocard: 4096MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (MSI)
    Sound: ASUS Xonar DG
  • Tyer032392Tyer032392 Senior Member FloridaPosts: 4,782Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    Zidious G wrote: »

Well, that didn't take long.

On topic:

Awesome work CA, keep it up.
    Ready for Three Kingdom's TW: I5-6600k, EVGA Geforce GTX 1070SC, 16Gigs RAM, WD Blue PC SSD @ 500GB
    edited August 2014
    You know this is a free upgrade for all owners right?
    I dont think he does to blind by not wanting to pay.

• DogbertCADogbertCA Creative Assembly Horsham UKPosts: 66Registered Users, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited August 2014
    Free upgrade, wooo!

And Hoody with the creepy shirt reveal :D

Take That Back!!!!
  • DusenDusen Senior Member Posts: 253Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    This looks freaking amazing!!
  • rjacko10rjacko10 Senior Member Posts: 288Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    Politics at last!!! Thank you :D
    edited August 2014
    Dogbert CA wrote: »
    Take That Back!!!!
    Never, it was scary :D

• SolInvictusSolInvictus Senior Member Posts: 936Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    Is the Augustus campaign free too or not?

I did not understand quite well.
  • TheKingofKingsTheKingofKings Member Posts: 44Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    So is there new eastern faction like Armenia?
  • Ironside12Ironside12 Senior Member Posts: 6,127Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    Multiple civil wars and armies swapping sides, WOOOO!

Thanks CA for listening to people.

Was this on Rally Point? :P
    Sjiriki wrote: »
    Balancing is a far more intricate thing than looking at who wins a 1v1 fight.

My Build:
    CPU- i7-4790k Devils Canyon @4.6Ghz
    Cooler: Corsair H110i GT
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
    PSU- Corsair 1200i 1200W
    GPU-R9 290X Sapphire Tri-X
    Boot Drive: Intel 530 series 240GB SSD
    Game Drive: Intel 730 series 480GB SSD
    Storage Drive: WD Black 2TB HDD
    edited August 2014

Yep, everyone gets this upgrade for free.

• NintenraxNintenrax Senior Member Posts: 339Registered Users
    edited August 2014

It is.
    Add me on Steam: Nintenrax
    Team Macedon
  • Jack_Lusted_CAJack_Lusted_CA Creative Assembly Brighton, UKPosts: 1,343Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited August 2014
    This is awesome thanks ca will the building changes and civil war be in grand campaign and the new campaign ?

The building changes will apply to all campaigns, and the civil war changes to all campaigns apart from Caesar in Gaul as it has it's own unique end-game mechanic.
    Game Director - Thrones of Britannia

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • billydillybillydilly Member Posts: 143Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    I thimk you buy the Augustus campaign, but get the fixes and politics for free as a update.
    CPU: i7-8700. RAM: 16Gb. SSDs: Kingston 120Gb (System) and Samsung EVO 500Gb (Steam). GPU: GTX 1070 (8Gb), PSU: Corsair CX600W.
  • ArgonArgon Senior Member ItalyPosts: 1,452Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    Will we get the augustus DLC for free?? really? :)
    My favorite factions in TW titles:
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - England
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon
    Attila - Western Roman Empire
    Warhammer - Empire (Karl Franz)