Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA_Libs Medieval 2 has suffered a fatal error and will now exit.

Victus96Victus96 Junior MemberPosts: 7Registered Users
edited September 2014 in Medieval II: Total War
Ever since the new patch and moving away from Gamespy my game WILL NOT LAUNCH. I've tried to uninstall and clean reinstall 3 times deleting every scrap of M2TW on my computer, and then after a clean install verifying the integrity of the game cache. I have it on steam, it always worked until now and please someone help me.
Post edited by Victus96 on

Comments

• easytargeteasytarget Senior Member Posts: 2,356Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    Make sure you have no launch options left over from when you used launchers or bat files. I had this come up and it was left over verbiage from launch options breaking the ability of the game at steam launch to find the .exe file preventing it from starting.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • Victus96Victus96 Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    easytarget wrote: »
    Make sure you have no launch options left over from when you used launchers or bat files. I had this come up and it was left over verbiage from launch options breaking the ability of the game at steam launch to find the .exe file preventing it from starting.

The only files that are in there are the files I just reinstalled the game with. This is beyond frustrating because I love this game and I'm unable to play it because of a terrible migration away from gamespy that messed up everything.
    edited September 2014
    Anyone....???????
  • Illusive_PimpernelIllusive_Pimpernel Senior Member Posts: 277Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    Yes download the launcher replacement mod 1.2 which should still be available on the old forum, or are you already using it? In which case make sure its renamed properly.
    edited September 2014
    May i ask if your using or attempting to use any mods? I remember having this problem myself a few weeks ago. I fixed it pretty easily
    edited September 2014
    Ok victus I assume youve already fixed this but ill post these extra possible fixes.

1st fix:
    Go to your cfg file and delete everything exept the following:

[features]
    mod = mods/your_mods_name

[log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt
    level = * error

[io]
    file_first = true

2nd possible fix: reinstall steam itself
    edited September 2014
    Ok victus I assume youve already fixed this but ill post these extra possible fixes.

1st fix:
    Go to your cfg file and delete everything exept the following:

[features]
    mod = mods/your_mods_name

[log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt
    level = * error

[io]
    file_first = true

2nd possible fix: reinstall steam itself

First fix didn't work, and if I uninstall steam is it going to make it so that I have to reinstall all of my games?
    edited September 2014
    Hmm I dont know. I would imagine so, or maybe it doesnt. Possibly the games stay on but you wont be able to play them. If your emphatic about playing the game you'll try it. You havnt answered by questions about the launcher replacement mod or any other mods you may be using?
    edited September 2014
    Hmm I dont know. I would imagine so, or maybe it doesnt. Possibly the games stay on but you wont be able to play them. If your emphatic about playing the game you'll try it. You havnt answered by questions about the launcher replacement mod or any other mods you may be using?

I tried the launcher replacement first and it didn't work. I've clean reinstalled the game after wiping out every folder of it about 3 times, I haven't had a mod in it and currently don't.
    edited September 2014
    Cut and paste your steamapps folder (after having uninstalled med 2) into a safe place. Reinstall steam. Copy your steamapps folder back to where you cut it from. Reinstall med 2
    edited September 2014
    Okay so reinstalling steam worked with it. Now my question is how to install Stainless Steel.
    edited September 2014
    Not even a thankyou. Tch, some people ay.
    edited September 2014
    Not even a thankyou. Tch, some people ay.

I'm a very bad human being.
  • MikhayyleMikhayyle Posts: 1Registered Users

Cut and paste your steamapps folder (after having uninstalled med 2) into a safe place. Reinstall steam. Copy your steamapps folder back to where you cut it from. Reinstall med 2

I'm about to try this method as I have the same problem. I'll thank you for this even if the other guy didnt. So Thankyou :)