Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mod Award: WINNERS!

Joey CAJoey CA Creative AssemblyModerators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 750
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Hi Guys,

We just held our first Mod Awards live via Twitch and announced the winners which you can watch here http://www.twitch.tv/totalwarofficial/b/567801821

The winners for the awards are as follows;

Best Unit Mod
ChampLoo Gold Unit Compilation- Winner
Radious Unit Pack: Rise of and Empire- Commended

Best Overhaul
Divide Et Impera- Winner
Constantine-Rise of Christianity - Commended

Most Innovative
Sell Your Slaves- Winner
Hellbent Traits, Talents and Toadies- Commended

Best Graphical
GEM- Winner
Authentic Ancient World- Commended

Players’ Choice
Divide Et Impera- Winner
Radious- Commended

CA Legacy
Europa Barbarorum- Winner
The Great War- Commended

A big congratulations to the winners and those that made it into the shortlist. A big thank you to everyone that voted and took part in the celebration of our dedicated and deserving modding community. Keep on making mods :)

Joey CA
The Community Coordinator for Total War: WARHAMMER

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Post edited by Joey CA on

Comments

• DetailedEyesDetailedEyes Senior Member AustraliaRegistered Users Posts: 4,715
    edited September 2014
    TTT only getting a commended, #rigged :rolleyes:
    "We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the Westfold, and the children that lie dead there. When the lives of the soldiers, whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the Gates of the Hornburg are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet, for the sport of your own crows, we shall have peace."

Theoden to Saruman at Orthanc, also my total war philosophy.
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynRegistered Users Posts: 11,311
    edited September 2014
    TTT only getting a commended, #rigged :rolleyes:

Pyrrhus didn't win. #Expected #Hodor :rolleyes:
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,672
    edited September 2014
    Awww, no Amazonia for unit mod. :(:D

Pretty much as expected, though I'm surprised TTT didn't win...might have to check out that sell your slaves mod.
    Don't worry.
  • HildorHildor Senior Member The MidlandsRegistered Users Posts: 3,283
    edited September 2014
    Lkuzxzx.jpg

:D

Fair play to DEI and Radious, they've put in more work simply updating their mods than I had to to create mine. Still, I'd like to know where out of the top 20 my mod came :)

Edit, it's fine, it's on TWC -
    Joey CA wrote: »

Player Choice Survey Results

Pyrrhus at the Gates 1.35%

Thanks to everyone who voted for my mod :)
    There'd be something witty here if I could think of it
  • Sulieman the MagnficentSulieman the Magnficent Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,851
    edited September 2014
    A shame Seb's didn't get through :(
    Dwarf Battle cry: " For the High King and the glory of the dwarfs "
    Team Dwarves
    "
    edited September 2014
    Pyrrhus didn't win. #Expected #Hodor :rolleyes:

#wewozrobbed #antidemocratic #alittleirritatedthatImissedtheawardstreamandthepotentialtogathersomelastminutevotesthroughuseofepicposters

Ah well, there's always next year
  • SannySanny Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 131
    edited September 2014
    Joey CA wrote: »
    CA Legacy
    Europa Barbarorum- Winner
    The Great War- Commended

Come on Stainless Steel is much better and innovate than those two

Congrats to all modders
    Join in the gaming discussions and play ROME II with us at Total War Center
  • ArgonArgon Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,501
    edited September 2014
    Congrats modders :)
    My favorite factions in TW titles:
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - UK
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon
    Attila - Western Roman Empire
    Warhammer - Empire (Karl Franz)
    Three kingdoms - Sun Jian
  • Lexx2kLexx2k Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9
    edited September 2014
    "Hellbent Traits, Talents and Toadies" is the best mod, imo. It makes me pick different traits for my generals, while in Rome 2 vanilla I always took the same for everyone.
  • VastatorVastator Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    edited September 2014
    Sanny wrote: »
    Come on Stainless Steel is much better and innovate than those two

Congrats to all modders
    Better? This is subjective.
    More innovative? No way...
    Disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Also because i don't work for The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Creator of "Vastator Unit Style" for Shogun 2: Here or here
  • MacklesMackles Senior Member UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,465
    edited September 2014
    Congratulations to all the winners! For my own part, here's a big up to Jeff Van Dyck, without whom I wouldn't even be counted as a nominee :D
    Hildor wrote: »
    Still, I'd like to know where out of the top 20 my mod came :)

You can check out the Player's Choice stats here -> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?666218-Mod-Award-2014-WINNERS!&p=14089347&viewfull=1#post14089347
    "Conquer, Punish, Enslave" - Words for the would-be Imperialists to live by!

Somewhere on that hill, its gonna get bloody contradictory between us and them real fast. - Anon
    edited September 2014
    Mackles wrote: »

Thanks Mackles :)

I'm going to try and work out a way of skewing the polling so that Pyrrhus emerges on top
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,174
    edited September 2014
    Interesting- hadn't heard of the Authentic Ancient World or Sell Slaves mods before... checking those out I might have to try it. Particularly the music mods from RS, I remember those being decent. I already use TTT and it is very good so I'm curious what beat it out.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USARegistered Users Posts: 5,710
    edited September 2014
    Congratulations to the winners.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • champLoochampLoo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 145
    edited September 2014
    Erminaz wrote: »
    and to the nominees !
  • SebideeSebidee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,801
    edited September 2014
    Sell your slaves deserves it! A new edict guys!
  • SloakzSloakz Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 138
    edited September 2014
    Grats to all
    SENSOU GAMING COMMUNITY
  • AdmiralJelloAdmiralJello Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 513
    edited September 2014
    YES! Go Europa Barbarorum! Still the best TW experience I've ever had.
  • wildmugatowildmugato Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 474
    edited September 2014
    Congrats to all the modders. Without you guys there would not be an off vanilla flavor to these games. It has changed my game style, play and enjoyment. Keep up the great work.
    ========================================== The Wild Mugato ==========================================

TOTAL WAR: Three Kingdoms / Thrones of Britannia / Warhammer 1 & 2 / Attila /
    Rome 1 & 2 / Rome - Alexander / Empire / Napoleon / Shogun 1 & 2 / Medieval 1 & 2 / Medieval Barbarians /
    All games listed have all DLC's & Packs that were offered /

====================================================================================
    edited September 2014
    i really enjoyed watching the ceremony, you guys were very entertaining. it really felt like you were connected to the modders and your congratulations were honest and friendly. (nice outfits as well :rolleyes:)
  • SannySanny Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 131
    edited September 2014
    Vastator wrote: »
    Better? This is subjective.
    More innovative? No way...

When you take Medieval 2 and combine it with Crusader Kings, I personally think that's innovation.
    Join in the gaming discussions and play ROME II with us at Total War Center
  • DiamondWraithDiamondWraith Member Registered Users Posts: 51
    edited September 2014
    Awesome show, I enjoyed it.
  • vietanh797vietanh797 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 302
    edited September 2014
    Pre-purchase Discount + Free DLCs +25
    Series Loyal: +25
    Playable factions: +25
    A lot of units: +25

Delay: -25
    CAI: -50

So-so (+25)
  • Teos16Teos16 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 23
    edited September 2014
    C'mon people. How could mod with fantasy units become the best unit-mod?
    Anyway congats to the winners.
    edited September 2014
    Teos wrote: »
    C'mon people. How could mod with fantasy units become the best unit-mod?
    Anyway congats to the winners.
    congrats, you just got the award for being the only person who did not get the idea beyond this whole award thing

applause
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,405
    edited September 2014
    Hmmm .... Skarr's Major Faction Mod and his Minor Faction mods along with Better AI Recruitment are my short-list "must have" mods. As is said "To each his own."
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • Teos16Teos16 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 23
    edited September 2014
    zaMoo wrote: »
    congrats, you just got the award for being the only person who did not get the idea beyond this whole award thing

applause
    Easy man. I just want to wish you good luck with creating new "Guard of..." or "Champions of..." or "...'s Vengeance" etc. units :p
    They are so awesome :D
    edited September 2014
    Teos wrote: »
    Easy man. I just want to wish you good luck with creating new "Guard of..." or "Champions of..." or "...'s Vengeance" etc. units :p
    They are so awesome :D
    no need to hide behind insinuations :)
    if they were so bad, the mod wouldnt have been one of the top 5 nominations for the best unit mod category, right?
    > 25000 people seem to like my guards of, champions of and 's vengeances, else they wouldnt use my mod, so your words dont really carry weight :o
    must be nice to sit in an imaginary ivory tower and criticize other people's work anonymously (... :D)
    quoting another award winner who just read your comments "some people are just **:p**"
    maybe imma go create some champion of the guard's vengeance unit. they will be riding laser shooting unicorns that can fly, while throwing death stars at their opponents. maybe then my mod will become the fantasy mod you were talking about ;)
  • AmbigatosAmbigatos Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,077
    edited September 2014
    Congrats to all nominees and winners. It was a cool ceremony. While I don't use DEI, I do like a lot of Dresden's other offerings. He's definitely a huge contributor to the modding community and it's nice to see him ( and team ) get an award to acknowledge that.

In the next stream or rally point ( whichever/whatever comes first) featuring Will, I say he should wear a Suebian knot. Make him do it CA. :D
    A shame Seb's didn't get through :(

For the unit mod nomination... I'd go for Seb too. I like how he's active in both TWC and the official community, and he's also open to our feedback and suggestions, while also aiming for a degree of historical authenticity.

Sebidee wrote: »
    Sell your slaves deserves it! A new edict guys!

Yes! This one's new to me. Love the concept. I'm gonna' try it my next campaign.
    Team Boii
    - Mutina (218 BC) : Boii ambush. 800 Roman soldiers and six standards lost.
    - Litana Forest (216 BC) : Boii ambush. 25,000 Roman soldiers slain, along with consul-elect Lucius Postumius Albinus.
    - Mutilum (201 BC) : Boii ambush. 7,000 Roman soldiers slain, along with Legate Caius Oppius.
    - Near Cuomo (196 BC) : Boii ambush. Claudius Marcellus and 3,000 of his men are slain.
    - Hercynia (114 BC) : Boii repel the Cimbri
  • IvanperaIvanpera Member Registered Users Posts: 87
    edited September 2014
    Too bad the medieval mod for rome 2 wasn't ready in time. Congratulations to all!