Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Total War™: ATTILA Announced

Joey CAJoey CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 750Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Hi all,

We’re delighted to say that we’ve just announced the next title, Total War: ATTILA, live on stage at EGX in London, where the game is also available to try, now, on the show floor.

The lead developers on the Total War: ATTILA Project Team will be doing a live stream on Twitch (front page – www.twitch.tv/egx) from 5pm BST, so be sure to tune in for more information on the game. Otherwise, be sure to stay tuned to our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube for the latest information and news on the game as development progresses.

[video=youtube_share;HYBWG0ko0lM]

Here’s the official press release for more information on Total War: ATTILA:

Your World Will Burn
Total War™: ATTILA Announced
The next thrilling entry in the Total War series takes players to the brink of the apocalypse

San Francisco and London – September 25, 2014 – SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe, Ltd. today announced Total War™: ATTILA, the next instalment in the multi award-winning Total War series of strategy games.
The Dark Ages approach. A time of famine, disease and war, where refugees in their thousands flee from a sweeping tide of destruction and death. Desperate barbaric tribes rally against the ailing might of a dying and divided Roman empire; the light of civilization gutters and dims. In the great steppes of Scythia, a vast and terrifying force gathers, led by a warrior king whose thirst for conquest is utterly unequalled.
The Scourge of God, the very herald of the apocalypse, Attila the Hun.
---
Total War: ATTILA introduces exciting new gameplay mechanics which improve and add to numerous core turn-based and real-time Total War systems. The world will darken around you as Attila’s forces descend on your homeland creating a unique vision of survival strategy.
“With Total War: ATTILA we will create a Total War game that will challenge and enthrall fans of the series” said Janos Gaspar, project lead on Total War: ATTILA. “We’re reintroducing some features that fans have been asking for, such as family trees and skill trees, and improving many of the core aspects of Total War we know are important to them. But to really bring the period to life, we’re building on these foundations with many new strategic features for them to consider, such as advanced street-fighting, civilians, complete settlement destruction and dynamic fire that can rage across a city as armies clash. We want to push players to the limits of their skill to survive against the odds, and to love every minute of it.”
---
Total War: ATTILA is due for release in 2015 on Windows PC and Mac. For more information, please visit www.totalwar.com.
-Creative Assembly
The Community Coordinator for Total War: WARHAMMER

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Post edited by Joey CA on

Comments

• TheChocolateJesusTheChocolateJesus Senior Member Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    Looking forward to it's release!
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.
  • VuorinorriVuorinorri Senior Member Posts: 1,525Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    where is my Warhammer? :P I give my grandmom in exchange :D

but to Attila: Saxons and Goths better not to be DLC factions :P

i7-4770K cooled by CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo
    Inno3D GTX1060 Gaming OC 6GB
    MSI Z97-G43 Gaming
    8GB 1600Hz CL10 DDR3
    Seasonic M12II 620W Bronze 80+
    1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
    SilverStone RedLine 4B with 2x120mm and 3x140mm Spectre

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Tesoro Durandal Ultimate G1NL

TEAM Warriors of Chaos
    TEAM Dark Elves
    TEAM Skaven

Arch Warhammer YT stuff (no I'm not Arch himself)

• Theta SigmaTheta Sigma Senior Member Posts: 388Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    No ty, don't want to pay for a brand new game to get the basic functionality that we've all desired for Rome II, and the late Roman-era centred factions.

All ought to be part of a large Expansion Pack, instead of re-hashing the game assets and engine with the Huns and the many missing things from Rome II thrown in for the price of a full game.

I feel distinctly cheated by publisher greed, once again. Emperor Edition was reviving my faith in Total War; the move to have the new game a glorified expansion to the previous one has shattered it once again. I'm done.
  • Deacon412Deacon412 Senior Member Posts: 806Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    not really all that happy or impressed....dont think this deserved the big announcement it got.
    LSD wrote: »
    Cash money is the general reason.
    The guy they're paying for advertising, whose degree came from a plastic bag he found behind a local supermarket (Tesco i think), told the Creative Assembly that "brands" are today's buzzword.
    Apparently Total War isn't a brand unless it's the title's prefix.
    Call of Duty is a brand. Look how much that sells.
    Nestlé is a brand. They make games right?
    Uh, let's see. Ralph Lauren? Audi? I could list them all. And i will...
  • Chief of the SiluresChief of the Silures Member Posts: 95Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    only hope is that they changed the projectiles, they look really stupid
  • WeezheatWeezheat Senior Member Posts: 137Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    Disappointed. Was hoping to see Warhammer. Also, stand alone game and price for Rome II with mod? No thanks. I'll stick to Rome II.
  • Herr BreeHerr Bree Senior Member Posts: 690Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    No ty, don't want to pay for a brand new game to get the basic functionality that we've all desired for Rome II, and the late Roman-era centred factions.

All ought to be part of a large Expansion Pack, instead of re-hashing the game assets and engine with the Huns and the many missing things from Rome II thrown in for the price of a full game.

I feel distinctly cheated by publisher greed, once again. Emperor Edition was reviving my faith in Total War; the move to have the new game a glorified expansion to the previous one has shattered it once again. I'm done.

I agree and am with you 100%. This is just another slap in the face to TW fans.
  • Siven80Siven80 Senior Member Posts: 484Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    I kinda hope all these good UI changes are brought into Rome 2. Wishful thinking i know, but i like what i see so far.
  • darthfantadarthfanta Senior Member Posts: 367Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    Only going to buy this when there's a massive discount on steam. Not going to be an beta tester again.
  • KenokKenok Senior Member Posts: 180Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    Advanced street fighting and civilians and towns burning? Now this sounds like actual total war.
  • TitusAP1975TitusAP1975 Senior Member Posts: 132Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    1. Looks awesome. I am really looking forward to this!
    2. Bring back Jeff for the music and it will be perfect!

:D
  • WeezheatWeezheat Senior Member Posts: 137Registered Users
    edited September 2014
  • Welsh_DragonWelsh_Dragon Senior Member Great BritainPosts: 2,912Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    Wow. Just wow. Looks great. Can't wait. So excited. Only post. In short. Sentences. :D

Really like the trailer, very effective. Looking forward to Attila. Will probably buy at release (or pre-order depending on what incentives are offered.)

EDIT: Haven't seen the stream, just the trailer (reminds me of Napoleon, in a good way) and press release.
    CraigK CA wrote:
    I think Welsh Dragon knows too much...
    "You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment."
  • AlyssaFadenAlyssaFaden Senior Member Posts: 654Registered Users
    edited September 2014
  • LongshanksLongshanks Senior Member Posts: 373Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    I for once would love to see civilians burn and cities flee......wait...ah, doenst matter:

GO HUNS!!!:D
    Get 'em boyz!
    Dakka dakka dakka!
    WAAAGH! THE ORCS!
    WAAAGH!
    edited September 2014
    Longshanks wrote: »
    I for once would love to see civilians burn and cities flee......wait...ah, doenst matter:

GO HUNS!!!:D
    The addition of civilians in the cities will really make for a great new feature. Battleing for their homes or simply fleeing the battlefield. I am faithful that CA will redeem itself with Atilla.
  • GRAY_HATGRAY_HAT Senior Member UKPosts: 5,394Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    Is this being sold like NTW or FotS?
    Team Wood Elves

boyfights loves wood elves.

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
  • Herr BreeHerr Bree Senior Member Posts: 690Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    How do they not realize that THIS is what we wanted in Rome 2? They are gonna push aside Rome and leave it lifeless and featureless and substitute it with this for a year.
  • Deacon412Deacon412 Senior Member Posts: 806Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    they dark age setting sets it leagues above rome i just hope they dont repeat their mistakes with cloned unit types across factions and just bland looking units in general.
    LSD wrote: »
    Cash money is the general reason.
    The guy they're paying for advertising, whose degree came from a plastic bag he found behind a local supermarket (Tesco i think), told the Creative Assembly that "brands" are today's buzzword.
    Apparently Total War isn't a brand unless it's the title's prefix.
    Call of Duty is a brand. Look how much that sells.
    Nestlé is a brand. They make games right?
    Uh, let's see. Ralph Lauren? Audi? I could list them all. And i will...
  • Buttons the KittenButtons the Kitten Senior Member Posts: 199Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    Joey, are naval landings still in the game please?
  • KomsKnikov3KomsKnikov3 Senior Member Posts: 245Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    While orginally disappointed, i am quite exited for it now. I do see this as a Standalone expansion though.
    Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est:
    A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in a killer's hand. Seneca
    My most wanted future Total War's
    1.Total War Medieval 3
    2.Total War Victoria (1800's)
    3.Total War Mesopotamia (Assyrians, Babylon etc)
  • RealWarfareRealWarfare Senior Member Posts: 2,036Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited September 2014
    No thanks. This is essentially a reskinned Rome 2. I'm just curious as to exactly how many features you intend to keep from it - like the dull per-centages for essentially everything (be it melee damage or public order), or the multi-hp system which clearly caused issues for the battles. At least you got the unit cards and parts of the UI right this time, too bad the floating unit flags look dreadful :p
    The best is yet to come
  • Nortrix87Nortrix87 Senior Member Posts: 882Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    Great! Yust Awsome!

Realy hoped for BI and YES!

Those Saxons realy had a Viking feel to them, and finaly parts of Scandinavia(Scandza) on the map.

Can`t wait! :D
    "We men are the monsters now. The time of heroes is dead, Wiglaf - the Christ God has killed it, leaving humankind with nothing but weeping martyrs, fear, and shame."

- Beowulf
  • mister-00zmister-00z Senior Member Posts: 298Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    grayhat wrote: »
    Is this being sold like NTW or FotS?
    Hope for FotS
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    Doesn't look that good aesthetically at the moment but I'm sure it will change a lot on release. I think it would've been better as a fots type thing but it will be alright. I'm not hyped but not disappointed.
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • SirRod1415SirRod1415 Senior Member The high coastPosts: 353Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    I love that it was not warhammer, I want historical games. I really liked what I saw. I really liked the added features, the fixed UI and politics that is usefull (gouvernours and so on)! Great work CA!
    A club through my chest, that is how I want to go.

Mobo: Asus z97-a
    CPU: i7-4790k
    Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    RAM: 16gb 1600mhz
    SSD: Corsair Force Series 3 120gb
    edited September 2014
    mister-00z wrote: »
    Hope for FotS
    This will be sold like N:TW. Pretty certain about that.
  • MithrasTruthMithrasTruth Senior Member Posts: 1,008Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    What's the link for the QA session?
  • princereaperprincereaper Senior Member Posts: 184Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    No thanks. Unless when you buy. Rome total war 2 gets the improvements.
  • RealWarfareRealWarfare Senior Member Posts: 2,036Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited September 2014
    memccann wrote: »
    Doesn't look that good aesthetically at the moment but I'm sure it will change a lot on release. I think it would've been better as a fots type thing but it will be alright. I'm not hyped but not disappointed.

That's how people reasoned prior to the release of the main game. They pretty much did the opposite of improving parts of it, visuals included, from pre-release to release.
    The best is yet to come