Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Total War gets Prehistoric!

SystemSystem Posts: 7,073
edited April 2011 in The Archive
HORSHAM, WEST SUSSEX (April 1st, 2011) – The Creative Assembly proudly announce Total War: DinosaursTM, an epic prequel to The Creative Assembly’s multi award-winning Total WarTM strategy franchise on PC. Set 65 million years ago; command one of ten dinosaur armies in epic prehistoric battles to seize control of Dinosaur Island.
TotalWar-Dinosaurs-SML1.jpg

Total War: DinosaursTM will feature enhanced 4D battles via land, sea and air. Will you pursue peaceful diplomacy with the vegetarian Brontosaurs, or have them for dinner as the carnivorous T-Rex? The choice is yours as Total War: DinosaursTM erupts exclusively to PC on December 21st, 2012.

For more information please visit www.totalwar.com.

Kind regards,

Mark O'Connell
(aka SenseiTW)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,834Registered Users, Moderators
    edited April 2011
    This would be so cool. You better not be toying with my affections...
    Not easy being a gunpowderhead

Forum Terms and Conditions
    In Total War, never turn back to face the chasing enemy

Fickle is the Lady Fora
  • yakuza1979yakuza1979 Senior Member Posts: 210Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    SenseiTW wrote: »
    HORSHAM, WEST SUSSEX (April 1st, 2011) – The Creative Assembly proudly announce Total War: DinosaursTM, an epic prequel to The Creative Assembly’s multi award-winning Total WarTM strategy franchise on PC. Set 65 million years ago; command one of ten dinosaur armies in epic prehistoric battles to seize control of Dinosaur Island.
    TotalWar-Dinosaurs-SML1.jpg

Total War: DinosaursTM will feature enhanced 4D battles via land, sea and air. Will you pursue peaceful diplomacy with the vegetarian Brontosaurs, or have them for dinner as the carnivorous T-Rex? The choice is yours as Total War: DinosaursTM erupts exclusively to PC on December 21st, 2012.

For more information please visit www.totalwar.com.

Kind regards,

Mark O'Connell
    (aka SenseiTW)

IS THIS A JOKE or WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It must be!
    edited April 2011
    HUGE Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • AmethiaAmethia Member Posts: 56Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    It's a joke. A very old joke infact.
  • DribbsDribbs Senior Member Posts: 1,285Registered Users
    edited April 2011
  • -DS-empire-DS-empire Senior Member Posts: 189Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Very good April 1st ca!! :D
    edited April 2011
    But just imagine...setting up your T-rex and Bronto army and deploy it in a forest to ambush some Velociraptors :)

Still :))))
  • TSPTSP Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Will sharks be featured? It would be a brilliant way to combine naval and land battles even more!
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,834Registered Users, Moderators
    edited April 2011
    Sharks are prehistoric; there has to be sharks.

And we need big sharks.
    Not easy being a gunpowderhead

Forum Terms and Conditions
    In Total War, never turn back to face the chasing enemy

Fickle is the Lady Fora
  • LeckanLeckan Senior Member Posts: 798Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    I'd actually buy this game... SOUNDS AWESOME
    In a thread about the 21st of may "rapture"
    "Good job it didn't happen really because I'm still watching the last season of Married with Children and I'd hate to not know what happens in the last episode." - Shireknight
  • PATRIOT45PATRIOT45 Senior Member SwitzerlandPosts: 686Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    I love 1st of April!

Btw my offer still holds...
    Watch out: Arena is more addictive than cocaine! :p
  • T-DukeT-Duke Senior Member Posts: 110Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Great!!! With hominids and dinos diplomacy should be easier to program, so we can expect for a more coherent CAI this time? :D
  • Emperor WilhemusEmperor Wilhemus Junior Member Posts: 12Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    At first it was: "Really!? Awsome!" Then it was: "Wait a minute... What's todays date...?" That was a good one CA!
  • SkollopSkollop Senior Member Behind you :OPosts: 3,232Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Yaay have been waiting for this for months!
    But awesome joke CA ;)
    Previously known as DenmarkRules
  • JorkkaJorkka Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Yess! YESS!! I've been waiting for this title since first Shogun! I tell you, if this is some kind of sick joke, them I swear I won't buy any of your games ever!
    "There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today." - Sir David Beatty 31.5.1916

"Do you think Sarajevo is full of assassins?" - Oskar Potiorek, Governor of Bosnia and Herzegovina 28.6.1914
  • RancorRancor Junior Member Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Lol at the idiots not realizing this is april fools joke
  • Duke DudeDuke Dude Senior Member Posts: 879Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Haha EPIC!! I would buy it :D!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 7,073
    edited April 2011
    Awesome!!!!!!!! my unit of Trilobites would swarm over everything in it's path Smile-izmena.gif
  • TheCuchulainnTheCuchulainn Member Posts: 72Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    This is a joke right....please tell me it is....I cant say my love for Total War will continue if you guys start making strategical combat simulators with prehistoric creatures. Yeah, cool to see two t-rexs rip eachothers limbs off but with your policy of no blood and with the limited scope of this idea and time period, it will not do good in my own opinion. Please dont make this game. Way too much other history to pursue then to go that fart back. Not to mention you all have a good reputation of bringing history into a new light. Dinosaures are more science these days than history.
    Fortuna vitrea est; tum cum splendet frangitur!
  • T-DukeT-Duke Senior Member Posts: 110Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    This is a joke right....please tell me it is....I cant say my love for Total War will continue if you guys start making strategical combat simulators with prehistoric creatures. Yeah, cool to see two t-rexs rip eachothers limbs off but with your policy of no blood and with the limited scope of this idea and time period, it will not do good in my own opinion. Please dont make this game. Way too much other history to pursue then to go that fart back. Not to mention you all have a good reputation of bringing history into a new light. Dinosaures are more science these days than history.

Tell me you are kidding m8...
  • RancorRancor Junior Member Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited April 2011

Calm down man... do you know what day it is?
  • TansuTansu Senior Member Posts: 270Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Dudes, my 3 year old daughter understood it was a joke;)
  • ArvenidesArvenides Senior Member Posts: 194Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    YES!!! My dream has come true! :D

This will for sure become the best Total War game ever. The time period of the dinosaurs make an excellent game. Tactics and strategy have never been so important as it was 65 million years ago.
  • darren jkdarren jk Senior Member Praying in the temple of shireknights cultPosts: 2,059Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    aprils fools day
    VENI VIDI VICI :D
  • Dave963Dave963 Senior Member Rampaging across the known world.Posts: 580Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Now that was one good April Fools Day jape, one of the best for the last few years.......almost got me to ponder the idea but not quite good one chaps!
    "Man will never be free until the last king has been strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

"Veni Vidi eduxi collyridam" :D:D:D

"There will be cake...... The cake is a lie!"
  • SepukiSepuki Senior Member Posts: 252Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    lol and here I am thinking "no one falls for April Fool's anymore".... Fool.
  • VlaitorVlaitor Senior Member Posts: 172Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Upgrading your triceratops so it can shoot laserzz
    Awesome
    Swift as the Wind
    Silent as a Forest
    Fierce as Fire
    Immovable as a Mountain.
  • HeirofAlexanderHeirofAlexander Senior Member Posts: 1,088Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    you guys know this is either a really good joke they have prepered for a long time: In Shires trip to Horsham when he asked about what the next game would be something with dinosaurs.

I dont believe in this GOOD JOKE CA
  • mr_orbitmr_orbit Senior Member Posts: 415Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    yeah! shark with friggin' lasers on their heads ;-)

good aprils fool there :-)

edit: I actually expected something along the lines of "oh sorry guys, due to financial crisis and all, no DLC will be made for Shogun 2"
    What would you have me do, Caesar?
  • KenshinKenshin Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Guys, look at the release date: December 21st 2012...hmm... :O

Epic joke guys!
    謙信
This discussion has been closed.