Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mac vs windows online multiplayer

AYTOKRATORAYTOKRATOR Junior MemberPosts: 3Registered Users
edited October 2014 in Total War Eras Multiplayer
hello.
i want to ask if the users with mac rtw2 can play online battles with windows rtw2 players. i go in online multiplayer and i do not see other players!!!
Post edited by AYTOKRATOR on

Comments

• MoutonMouton Senior Member Posts: 993Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    Mac and win version not compatible, can't play MP against each others
    Check out my incredible Youtube account !
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gh3LYIaGuec
  • AYTOKRATORAYTOKRATOR Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    why is not????? will be in future????
  • jonasneejonasnee Senior Member Posts: 1,737Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    CA don't consider/care about multiplayer, so most likely no.
    put your actions where your mouth is.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=TJpmII-kxuM
    Total war is best when it is kept simple and not overly complex
  • 59tiger9559tiger95 Senior Member Posts: 681Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    the mac version is still "technically" in beta so PC and Mac cant play together, but you can play with other mac people.
    "A man who will not die for something is not fit to live"- Martin Luther King Junior

Hey if you have the time check out my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/59tiger95
  • tasuthtasuth Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    Hi All,

I was wondering whether a person on a Mac can play someone on a PC for Rome II?
    When I looked this up on the internet some sites said you could and some said you couldn't.

Thanks in Advance

Yours Sincerely,

Tom
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,876Registered Users, Moderators
    edited October 2014
    Similar threads merged.
  • DudeStu1DudeStu1 Senior Member Posts: 317Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    jonasnee wrote: »
    CA don't consider/care about multiplayer, so most likely no.

Haha, Dripping with drama.

MP is better than ever. A few small tweeks is all it requires now.

I think saying ".CA don't care about multiplayer" is a bit dramatic and untruthful.

You should design your own game. It would be perfect, for you ;)
  • jonasneejonasnee Senior Member Posts: 1,737Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    DudeStu1 wrote: »

I think saying ".CA don't care about multiplayer" is a bit dramatic and untruthful.

never mind those of us who greifed the patch 15 patch, never mind those of us who can see that shogun is a superior game, never mind that the menu doesn't even at 1 point mention "multiplayer" but that it is sub-menus and classified under terms as "quickbattle" and "battle list" hell i wouldn't be suprised if 70% dont even know the game has multiplayer, where in shogun it was obvius from the get go, it only had 2 main menus "single player" and "multiplayer".
    just accept this game and esp. this patch was made for singleplayers who don't know micro of a pro from that of a noob, and that counts both for battle and campaign (trust me, no legendary campaign is ever the same as vs a human).
    put your actions where your mouth is.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=TJpmII-kxuM
    Total war is best when it is kept simple and not overly complex
  • GoTW KubeeGoTW Kubee Senior Member Posts: 153Registered Users
    edited October 2014

He's absolutely right though. It is blatantly obvious that CA do not care about MP from the way they barely devoted any attention to it.
    Admin on Total War Hub, the new home of the Rome: Total War Multiplayer community.
  • DudeStu1DudeStu1 Senior Member Posts: 317Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    GoTW Kubee wrote: »
    He's absolutely right though. It is blatantly obvious that CA do not care about MP from the way they barely devoted any attention to it.

Honestly, how can you mean that?

When I get online I see more people playing R2 weeks after patch 15. All other patches have had a temporary spike in #s then tremendous drop off of participation. It looks like many more folks like this patch, and they're proving it by playing it more often. If CA cared less about MP, what explains this?

The game is fun ATM. Much more fun and balanced than before. I think jonas is still upset by the increased time it takes to have a battle. Hell I think that alone is its greatest improvement. No more "overly rehearsed 4 minute rush ****" the battles now are 10 -15 minutes, it's awesome. The worst complaints now other than the increased time are chariots and we've been down that road before. I just dont understand the drama, Im sure CA has plenty of interest in MP or they wouldnt be working on MP arena.

BTW, how is it blatantly obvious? What exactly has not improved in MP from it's release? What was better about MP at release?
    jonasnee wrote: »
    never mind those of us who greifed the patch 15 patch, never mind those of us who can see that shogun is a superior game, never mind that the menu doesn't even at 1 point mention "multiplayer" but that it is sub-menus and classified under terms as "quickbattle" and "battle list" hell i wouldn't be suprised if 70% dont even know the game has multiplayer, where in shogun it was obvius from the get go, it only had 2 main menus "single player" and "multiplayer".
    just accept this game and esp. this patch was made for singleplayers who don't know micro of a pro from that of a noob, and that counts both for battle and campaign (trust me, no legendary campaign is ever the same as vs a human).

This is all you can come up with?

I too dislike single player, it makes no sense to me to play hour after hour against a computer, no sense at all. No challenge at all, sooner or later you figure it out, where's the fun/challenge in that? With that said.........................
    I never play single player, campaign, historical battle, custom battle or anything against the AI, never. Yet I find R2 MP very fun, and very close to just right.

Ever think that you just invest too much time and energy in a game? Scrutinizing every tiny detail that 99% of everyone else never notices. My god it must be terrible for you.

Just play the game, or MOD it to how youd like it to be then get your overly interested and obsessed friends together and have a blast. Do something other than complain and make unrealistic, or at least unsubstantiated claims.
  • GoTW KubeeGoTW Kubee Senior Member Posts: 153Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    When I get online I see more people playing R2 weeks after patch 15. All other patches have had a temporary spike in #s then tremendous drop off of participation. It looks like many more folks like this patch, and they're proving it by playing it more often. If CA cared less about MP, what explains this?
    I'm struggling to see the logic behind this one. An increase in players on a predominantly SP game tells us nothing about the attitude of the game's developers towards its MP component.
    BTW, how is it blatantly obvious?
    Because, had CA wanted to create a thriving MP, they would have devoted far more attention to it and would have implemented some basic features which are conducive to making an MP game successful. I honestly can't be bothered going into a list of all that's wrong with the game, but believe me as an RTW MP veteran when I say R2 MP would have been so much better, on a competitive level but also in terms of accessibility/ease of use, replayability and general fun, if CA had really cared about making it a success.
    What exactly has not improved in MP from it's release? What was better about MP at release?
    I never said that MP hadn't improved since release. But if CA truly cared about the game, it wouldn't have had so many and such glaring issues on day 1, and it wouldn't have taken so long to patch them out. Furthermore, they wouldn't have introduced new problems into the game, such as OP eles and chariots, which basic testing could have flagged up as an issue, in subsequent patches.
    Admin on Total War Hub, the new home of the Rome: Total War Multiplayer community.
  • tasuthtasuth Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    Hi again,

Is there any updated information about this? Only because the last answer was quite a while back. Also does LAN multiplayer Mac VS PC work?

Thanks,

Tom
  • MoutonMouton Senior Member Posts: 993Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    tasuth wrote: »
    Hi again,

Is there any updated information about this? Only because the last answer was quite a while back. Also does LAN multiplayer Mac VS PC work?

Thanks,

Tom

please read the first answers.

SPOIL!

Answer is no.
    Check out my incredible Youtube account !
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gh3LYIaGuec
  • Am I Tuna?Am I Tuna? Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    AYTOKRATOR wrote: »
    hello.
    i want to ask if the users with mac rtw2 can play online battles with windows rtw2 players. i go in online multiplayer and i do not see other players!!!

Hi AYTOKRATOR.

Yeah sadly as you've been told we mac players can't play online with the pc players. Not sure if I'm allowed to post links to groups on here (got it removed on another forum) but I thought I'd try and help out.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/140090-Mac-players-Steam-group?p=1240334#post1240334

This group here is a mac Rome 2 group, it started about a week ago and we've grown to nearly 30 members which has meant we've got regular mp battles and campaigns going. Join the group and let the mac community thrive!
  • Ghost5765Ghost5765 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Does anyone play this anymore