Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Alt-tabbing finishes battles automatically - makes game unplayable.

IHazABoneIHazABone Junior MemberPosts: 1Registered Users
edited November 2014 in Napoleon: Total War
Hi,

So far, I like the game. Moreso than the recent ones, actually. But as in the title, I've got a really, really frustrating problem. Battles can last up to an hour, I'm definitely going to be getting up, responding to emails or messages, changing music, etc. while playing. Even battles where I have, say 4000 troops and they have 500, I seem to lose after alt-tabbing. When tabbing back into the game, it shows a loading screen and then says "close defeat" with every single one of my soldiers dead. Every. Single. Time.
As such, the game is currently unplayable.

Thanks for any help.
Post edited by IHazABone on

Comments

• ThesaboteurThesaboteur Senior Member Posts: 812Registered Users
    edited November 2014
    I dunno what you're doing, but that doesn't happen to me. I do alt-tab when I need to check stuff but it never loses the battle for me. If you're listening to music use Steam overlay. If you're trying to message someone use the windows button or bring up the task manager Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Minimizes the game. Or, you can do windowed.