Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Huns's descendants horse archery

123457»

Comments

• Nortrix87Nortrix87 Senior Member Posts: 991Registered Users
    edited January 2015
    Okey this thread is doomed :rolleyes:
    "We men are the monsters now. The time of heroes is dead, Wiglaf - the Christ God has killed it, leaving humankind with nothing but weeping martyrs, fear, and shame."

- Beowulf
  • BelialxvBelialxv Senior Member SteppesPosts: 1,627Registered Users
    edited January 2015
    Nortrix87 wrote: »
    Okey this thread is doomed :rolleyes:

I think so :(
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

LIZARDMEN #makelustriagreatagain
    Clan Moulder #masterclan
    edited January 2015
    Erminaz wrote: »
    To tell the truth I'm not really sure but they have removed many of the features we found in previous games such as medieval where you got a range bonus for being on a hill. For some reason I'm tempted to say that they changed it for Rome 2 where you just have weather effects being streamlined. I'll have to look into it and see if it is more complex than I was thinking.

Don`t know why they did this, more range from an hill makes perfect sence. Sometimes it looks like CA takes a step back. Hope with Atilla they combine the best.
    "We men are the monsters now. The time of heroes is dead, Wiglaf - the Christ God has killed it, leaving humankind with nothing but weeping martyrs, fear, and shame."

- Beowulf
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USAPosts: 5,536Registered Users
    edited January 2015
    Nortrix87 wrote: »
    Don`t know why they did this, more range from an hill makes perfect sence. Sometimes it looks like CA takes a step back. Hope with Atilla they combine the best.

The excuse I heard in shogun 2 was multiplayer balance and to not incourage hill camping, this is one of the major reasons I think that Multiplayer and single player should be more separated.

Anyway this is all that I was able to find quickly about Rain, snow and fog. Rain or snow makes the troops more fatigued and you won't be able to use fire arrows. Fog limits the range of sights, giving you less time to react to enemy movements and decreasing the effectiveness of projectile troops.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
    edited January 2015
    The excuse I heard in shogun 2 was multiplayer balance and to not incourage hill camping, this is one of the major reasons I think that Multiplayer and single player should be more separated.

Yeah agree, balance for multiplayer spoils realism for those who seek that.
    Anyway this is all that I was able to find quickly about Rain, snow and fog. Rain or snow makes the troops more fatigued and you won't be able to use fire arrows. Fog limits the range of sights, giving you less time to react to enemy movements and decreasing the effectiveness of projectile troops.

Hope they add the old features, but with all the feedback from different directions pulling CA. It is probably best as you said to seperate multiplayer and single player at some things. Maby an "realism mode" and "balance" button (toggle on/off) were the player can choose. To find a midle ground damage the games quality. So let the player choose. Much work maby.

- Beowulf
  • ☢Wraith of Pegasus☢Wraith of Pegasus Member Posts: 88Registered Users
    edited January 2015
    Böri Shad wrote: »
    You should tell that to you persian kinsmen who insulted me. he takes very personal I think.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Perso-Turkic_War
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Perso-Turkic_War
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Perso-Turkic_War
    3 wars 1 Turkish roman victory, the first and second is Persian victory even thought Turks had support of white Huns. so in this era Persians were powerful and nothing to say about it.
    ☢Exponential Decay☢
  • CagataiKhanCagataiKhan Senior Member Posts: 808Registered Users
    edited January 2015
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Perso-Turkic_War
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Perso-Turkic_War
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Perso-Turkic_War
    3 wars 1 Turkish roman victory, the first and second is Persian victory even thought Turks had support of white Huns. so in this era Persians were powerful and nothing to say about it.
    600,000 Gokturks died in two -perso-turk wars.Goktuks population couldnt be 600,000 in this period ..Unsecure persian source
    Is just war soldier qualtiy? Where are logistic,econommy? Gokturks -Turkic wars werent proof about Horse archery ..Muslim arabs destroy Sasanids .That means Arabs were best military ..lol
  • SkollopSkollop Senior Member Behind you :OPosts: 3,287Registered Users
    edited January 2015
    I'm locking this down until a decision is made what to do. But it seems I'll need to send out quite a few warnings and a lot of deleted posts.
    You can behave better than this guys...

-Closed
    Previously known as DenmarkRules
This discussion has been closed.