Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Rome II Ultimate graphics issues and missing features thread!!! (Updated 2017)

biohazardbgrbiohazardbgr Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 370
edited September 2017 in Total War Eras Support
Hello, this year I saw the official statement from CA about supporting older titles. Rome II and Attila have a lot of bugs left in them. I want to cover the Issues that I found in the game as detailed as I can. I made 4 sections, Missing Features Visual Enhancements, Gameplay Issues and Graphical Issues. Rome II for me is a great experience, but is not like Medieval II, Napoleon and Shogun 2. For the past years I notice some things that are missing in Rome II compared to past total war titles. With the release of the Emperor Edition other features disappear or were changed.

Missing Features

1. Proper anti aliasing.
Rome II is the first total war that lack true AA like MSAA or TAA, TXAA tempora solution options and the only available is the worst MLAA. MSAA or TAA, TXAA is need for any modern game specially in Rome II because of the many lines like spears banners swords.

2. Better Interface
Rome II interface is bad even whit the EE update, is not authentic and have art style different directions, Shogun 2 have superb interface also Warhammer and Attila. For RomeII is needed a new interface similar to Attila.

Shogun 2 UI have artistic design based on Japanese motives

shogun18-2.jpg

Attila have design with stone ornaments and paper

1781-4.jpg

Rome II design looks like a mobile game. More marble and pergament is needed with cloth banners for the different factions.

iylo1s.jpg

3 Unit stack card
Unit stacks in Rome 2 take to much space in two rows and cover to much screen space, all of the cards must be in one row.

2013-09-03_00004.jpg

This wasn't in Shogun 2 and was fixed in Attila. Here all of the units sit in one row rearranging them so the screen is not covered.

60FBB1957CF8146D4E33FA91266016B6A99B9458

4. Factions intros
Shogun 2 and Attila have greater faction intros. Rome 2 doesn't have any. Similar thing can be done like in Attila. For every different culture. Roman, Punic, Barbarian, Hellenic, Eastern...

5. Dynamic soundtrack.
This feature was implemented in Attila with The last Roman DLC and will be welcome edition in Rome II

6. Screen space reflections.
This feature was implemented in Attila and looks great on snow armors and wet surfaces like the reflection of the arch in the screenshot below, it will be great to be introduced back to Rome II.

2bf76c56424523.59b0124b773f7.jpg

7. Ship disembark after beach landing
This feature was introduced in Attila and its a grate way correcting a know issue with ships unable to land because there is no place left on the shore. This must be implemented in Rome II.

GObGFAE.jpg

8. Armies number bar information
This is great feature in Attila and need to go to Rome II as well.

2a2ba856424523.59b0161f2c0b4.jpg

9. Raze and repopulate settlements
This feature from Attila is great. In the beginning the abuse it but now is toned down. Rome raze cartridge from the face of the earth in the real life and will be good edition to Rome II. It is in Warhammer also.

59c75a56424523.59b01706c1226.jpg

10. Citizen in the cities
This is great immersion feature and will be great to be implemented in Rome II

3e0f2256424523.59b01c415c7dc.jpg

11. Unit fade toggle option
The lack of this option bring a new issue to Rome II and that is flickering in cinematic camera. The problem is most noticeable on naval battles when you enter a ship and all the soldiers flicker constantly. I also saw this issue on cavalry and foot soldiers, the best thing will be this feature to be toggle like the blood and gore option, this feature was implemented in Attila.

a9e8f956424523.59aee3b479014.jpg

12. Dead bodies fade toggle option
Performance in new total war titles after Napoleon suffer from big hit because of the dead bodies, when the soldiers fight the fps is stable but when the bodies fell tank in the 20s fps even on the top professional rigs. If you select the lower unit details the bodies disappear but not in the high graphical options. This option must be separate toggle like the blood effect. This way you can have unit details on extreme and option for the bodies to fade and disappear leaving small amount for immersion and guarantee high frame rate and maximum graphical fidelity. I made a concept for this option bellow you can zoom and see the idea.

88007056424523.59aee3b478aeb.jpg

13. Arrow physics
Arrow in Attila behave similar to Medieval 2. Archers fire with arc when there is obstacle like wall or other. This feature is needed to be integrated in Rome 2

f2d09c56424523.59afe50f183e8.jpg

14. Siege escalation
This feature was planed for Rome II but was removed and implemented in Attila. This need to be back.

Siege escalation in Attila

044a3d56424523.59ae989f65c8d.jpg

Siege escalation in Rome II before it was scraped

faa25956424523.59afc12210bf9.png

15. Dust when units walking and running.
This feature were present in past Total War titles but in Rome II it was removed. In deserts or dry land when soldiers or cavalry run they didn't bring up the dust. This feature must make his return to Rome II after I saw it in Attila.

16.Family Tree.
This feature don`t need introduction let say any total war fan want this in Rome II with better politics similar to shogun 2 and Attila.

Visual Enhancements

After the Release of the Fall of the Samurai all of the graphics and gameplay features were integrated in Shogun 2 make in it one big complete polished package and favorite TW game for many. Unfortunately this wasn't the case for Rome 2 and Attila. This result in two very different looking games and Rome II lack the new features that Attila introduced.

1. Better textures
The textures in Rome II campaign map and the water shader compared to Attila strike a huge difference

3109f056424523.59ae989f6448b.jpg
82f28756424523.59ae989f66ddf.jpg

Celticus a modder imported Attila texture back to Rome II and modify the water shader to look more detailed. This should be done by CA themselves

Links to the mods
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764296935
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=763276184

6ef5f356424523.59ae989f6691b.jpg

2. Atmosphere effects
Also the atmosphere in Attila is superior with morning fog or when is raining.

1d4d0156424523.59afe706961d4.jpg
6ad8b756424523.59afe706965c3.jpg

Gameplay Issues

1.Triumph events for the Romans no longer activate in the grand campaign.

9a169256424523.59b01a11dfbc8.jpg

2. Graphics option freezes ingame
The game freezes when you are in the graphics menu and change the settings and applying them several times during battle.

3. Disappearing Icons in strategic map
When you use the strategic map in campaing map the icons of resources armies and cities disappear when you zoom this is very present in Britannia.

4. Agents and armies rank stars disappear.
This bug happened sometimes in all of the campaigns when you select a general and agents their rank disappear and the only way to see them is reloading of the campaign

5. Background art conflict
When you change your main menu to Augustus white background or any other and start a combat the background is the red loading screen from TWOS.

6 .Auto resolve bug
Auto resolve bug with some units like the elephants always die or are near dead even from a single card basic enemy unit.

7. Lack of cinematic in Caesar in Gaul
In the DLC Caesar in Gaul there is no faction unique ending cinematic, instead is the grand campaign final cinematic for winning. This is only problem in this dlc and not in any other.

8. Faction balance DLC Black Sea Colonies
In Rome II after the last dlc the Greek colonies they completely broke the balance, what I mean is that they are tiny one city factions and completely over power any empire and conquer them. Factions like Parthia and Seleucid dont stand a chance against Pergamon. In the end you fight only this dlc nations, Rome versus Parthia is not possible anymore.

9. Faction Balance Rome
Rome need to be a stronger faction for the AI. In Rome the Roman faction fail to conquer any territories and is never a threat to the world. Small DLC factions like Pergamon outperform them conquering half of the world. This problem was in Attila but CA have a solution with a script that make endless hordes and can only be stop if Attila is killed. Similar mechanic must be implemented in the game making Rome a real treat to the rest of the world. This can be temporary, and the legions can be stop after time. Playing game in the classical era and never facing Roman armies and the empire is very boring and uninteresting.

Graphical Issues

1.Unit spacing and teleportation.
This issue is more animation issue but is still visual that's why is here. When soldiers engage in fighting they are to close and clip inside one another or at least their weapons, the problem here is that the units begin teleported back and ford in the engagement you can see several soldiers swap places from the front row or into the back randomly several times, I saw something similar in Attila in the vikings forefathers dlc when units charge but in Rome II is very obvious.

2. General star missing.
In battle when reinforcement army enter the battlefield the second general don`t have star on unit cards and is hard to find him and group him, however this problem is not present in the Roman faction.

3. Particles
Particles in Rome 2 originally were near the quality of the previews games and Attila but something happened after the game launch. In this post they town down the projectiles but I think this was wrong decision. First this have gameplay design behind it with purpose of readability when you play with top distance camera. Second this can be added as toggled option in the menu. In the screenshot can be seen also a dust from impact on the shields. This was in the game in Vanilla but was removed with the patches.

9301649788_8e6d7e2487_o.jpg

1. Better particle system.
Attila have similar particle system to the siege of Carthage video for Rome II.

a3959056424523.59afcfe533ca1.jpg

Rome 2 particles system is very basic with low resolution particles with lower quality even then shogun 2. I hope CA will introduce the particle system from Attila to Rome II in the future. Also the particle visible range is very limited please make the range of the particles similar to shogun and Attila on the extreme setting and the range of LOD in general.

Sogun 2 particles detail and distance compared to Rome II

75c36256424523.59afd81039d05.jpg

4. lOD
LOD in the game before patch 7 was good now the buildings and the particles also the shadows pop up very notesably even on extreme settings. I suggest dial up the particles and LOD similar to Attila. This problem is not in games old like Empire Total war.

Rome II poor LOD

4599a556424523.59ae989f65268.jpg

Attila LOD

044a3d56424523.59ae989f65c8d.jpg
872734.png
5912653eae653ab32e3f6279

5. Black shadows
Units and objects like bushes render black from a far The shadow overlap the objects and render them 100% black color This problem appear with the emperor edition and the improved lighting. When zoomed the shadows of the objects are still very dark and look unnatural even for a bright summer day. I want to mark that this issue is only present in summer battle maps and in the Mediterranean region like Greece and Rome or south Europe but not in the desert. Buildings and cities are still effected, as you see the ground is much darker then any other object.

3957d656424523.59ae67a3ddac2.jpg

Some objects are not effected by the shadow like this rocks here and buildings in cities. This specific issue happen when is midday, its like that the objects have only ambient lighting and are not effected by the shadows and they glow. Also the HDR is very strong and burn the whites a lot.

ee54bf56424523.59ae67a3dd0c7.jpg

In the campaign map the shadows are also affected, they are to dark and pure black I will suggest a little bit more color in them and a lighter tone in their current form they look broken.

aaf64556424523.59aea41d54e94.jpg
85a7c256424523.59aea41d54b50.jpg
82a3ef56424523.59aea41d542f6.jpg
ea370b56424523.59aea41d547fd.jpg

6. Shadow resolution
Shadow resolution in Rome is lower than Shogun 2, you can see the comparison below.
In Shogun 2 you can see that the silhouette of the soldier is much more readable.

cdfec556424523.59ae66b8d902c.jpg

The tree shadows also are much more detailed in Shogun.

3f7c8e56424523.59ae66b8d7900.jpg

In the naval battles you can see the different ropes and masts render in the shadow in Shogun 2 but in Rome they are much more blurrier and hard to spot.

3949bd56424523.59ae66b8d7285.jpg

Rome 2 use cascade shadows, but shadows that I show you from Rome 2 are in extreme quality and look worse than Shogun 2 as you can see. I remember in the panoramic view of Teutoburg Forest that CA release back in 2013 for Rome II, the shadows were with the similar quality like Shogun 2. Rome II is the newest and biggest title and must look much better than shogun 2 but here you can see that is not the case, I hope CA introduce a patch that will increase the resolution of the shadows in the extreme setting, and meet the quality in Shogun2.

7. Color grading and atmosphere
In the vanilla R2 version the colors were calibrated, if you select the historical battle of the Nile for example and then a random custom battle in the desert the colors and lighting matched. After the Emperor Edition the lighting was changed and in the desert colors became more green and desaturated and overall more dull, the original colors are still in the historical battle and looks much more superior.

95a9f056424523.59ae989f64d49.jpg

Similar result can be seen in the toutourburg forest. In the historicle battle there is fog more vegitation and specificly evergren forest compere to the Emperor Edition custom battle.

c39a9656424523.59ae989f67b29.jpg
77afff56424523.59ae989f66571.jpg

8. Water Reflections
The lack of reflections in Rome II happen after the release of the Emperor Edition and until now is not fixed, the problem is that the only objects that are rendered in the surface of the water are some trees and sometimes offset shore lines, but ships buildings proper land masses and even trees are not rendered.

9. Rivers
The water on rivers during land battles in cities or terrain did not render when you zoom the camera. The water texture disappear and only the river bed remain.

20k2df7.jpg

Link to thread about this problem - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/124841/no-reflection-in-water

Water used to look like this when the game launch

800px-Carthage.jpg

But the shader broke and now looks like that.

d0a77356424523.59ae66b8d9987.jpg
0e517b56424523.59ae989f677ea.jpg
d8e7f756424523.59ae989f63ee1.jpg

10. Volumetric fog
The lack of proper volumetric fog. In Rome II some rocks and the ships didn't render below water line like previous total war titles. On extreme the ships have texture outline similar of white sea foam, this mask the bottom of the ships and make the ship keel white underwater instead of fading.

792cab56424523.59ae66b8d7c19.jpg

In the screenshots that I provide is visible, in Shogun 2 there is no such problem.

3c117b56424523.59ae66b8d847c.jpg

The strange thing is that actually there is volumetric fog in the game, but is visible on river or city battles and the objects fade properly bunt not in the sea, only rivers.

c2a4c856424523.59ae66b8d668d.jpg

If you lower the water quality to High settings, you can see the small effect of volumetric fog. When a ship is sunk the effect is barely visible and the distance of the fog is very small. On extreme the soldiers also have this white outline, but on High settings they blend naturally with a volumetric fog to the deep waters. The solution is not to play on High settings because the water look worse, the idea is to correct the rendering of the fog and increase the distance so when ship is sunken you can see how she travel to the depths, like in the previous games.

c7849a56424523.59ae66b8d9ff4.jpg

In the last screenshot you can see that in the pre-release version the game. The volumeric fog is clearly visible, you can see the bottom of the ships and on the top of the screen the sunken quinquereme who is underwater and clearly visible. In the bottom screenshot, the effect is completely missing and replaced whit the white outline texture. I want to point that in Shogun 2 this white foam effect is still present, but is animated and disappear in a sequence, so you can allays see the fading belly of the ship. I saw this problem is present in Attila Total War in the trailer for the vikings for father dlc. The volumetric fog effect is present even in Empire Total War and must be included in the newer Rome II and Attila 7 years later.

5db6e256424523.59ae66b8d6c06.jpg

11. Specular map on wet surfaces
After the EE the specular map in the game broke. Wet ground surfaces are extremely overly exposed. Before that the ground has realistic wet surfaces for comparison they were like in Attila. Also the animated rain texture on the ground from shogun II is missing.

cbd6d756424523.59ae989f67307.jpg

Pre EE version rain seen below.

b3d27256424523.59ae989f6573d.jpg

12. Storms and lightning
The storms have been broken. The were used to be storms in the game with lighting and thunder, the only place you can see them is in the prologue campaign, this bug was introduced by the EE edition

Link to the effect recorded here-

13. Fog
Fog before the EE used to be more dense specially in the north german forest during spring. In the Upper screenshot from Attila is more closed to the original version in Rome II. Now most of the maps during fogy weather have less fog.

5017c256424523.59ae989f65f2b.jpg

14. Heat haze in desert and hot climate
Its hard to see this problem on a screenshot but when zoomed there is difference around the pyramids and the horison. The effect of the heat haze is present in all seasons except during the summer were should be strongest. There is a bug that disable the effect and that need fixing.

9428b656424523.59ae989f647d7.jpg

15.Raindrop effect on the camera.
There use to be a screen effect of drops on the camera simulating the rain hitting the glass for some reason this disappeared but I look in to the code and it seems is on, but is not rendered in the game.
The effect was present in pre Emperor Edition. When raining this effect was very nice but after some patching the distortion effect broke and was left unfixed. The effect is still present in Attila for reference.

16. Shield textures.
The shield textures in Rome II looks great but, the Roman legionary have very low resolution pattern(early and late legionary), compare to any other shield. The pattern is very jagged with some white artefacts in the edges probably low resolution alpha. In some pre-release screenshot the shield looks great and with very hi resolution, similar to the other shields that are present in the game now. The roman legionary is one of the most common unit specially in CIG and IA campaigns. With a quick rework of this pattern the shield will be similar to the rest.

c74b9156424523.59ae66b8d8c07.jpg

17.Rocks texture
Very low quality rock textures[/I]. The textures in Rome II are very good but some of the rocks texture looks very poor. This problem is mostly related to the Mediterranean coastal and settlements battle for example the rocks in Germania have additional detail level.

792cab56424523.59ae66b8d7c19.jpg

This textures compared to others in the game show huge difference, here is clearly visible between the wall and the rock.

a80c9656424523.59ae66b8d6f0a.jpg

Here is also the difference in texture quality between the trees and other objects compare to the rocks.

b1426b56424523.59ae66b8d7f5e.jpg

Compare to Shogun 2 this textures are very low resolution.

9be2fd56424523.59ae66b8d9346.jpg

Those are the most of the problems in the game that I find and need fixing. I hope non of them will present in Attila Total War. If I find more I will continue to report. I hope this thread will help CA to improve the visual quality of the game.

Best regards to the team :)
Post edited by biohazardbgr on

Comments

• Paolo CAPaolo CA The Creative Assembly CA's nuragheRegistered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 2,515
    edited December 2014
    Hi, thanks for the very detailed thread and the lot of info you provided.

I'll be forwarding it to devs and they'll see what can be done.

Thanks again for your help.

PaoloCA
    PLEASE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE POSTING YOUR ISSUE ON THE FORUMS.

For any issues you may have, there might already exist a solution/workaround.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • NelecNelec Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 417
    edited January 2015
    I would really like to see an official response to this really. I just don't understand the point in downgrading anything at all. Perhaps engine limitations or something? I don't know, and I don't like how CA has been keeping this in the dark since launch. This is the ONLY Total War game that they have actually gone backwards in terms of graphical fidelity
    CPU- i5 3570k @ 3.8ghz
    GPU- GTX 670 OC 2gb
    RAM- 16gb Corsair Vengeance
    Mobo- Gigabyte Z77X-DH3
    PSU- Corsair Gaming Series GS800 800w
    Steam - Kooboh
  • ImpMontezumaImpMontezuma Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 21
    edited January 2015
    Thumb up for you my friend :)
  • shiro0988shiro0988 Member Registered Users Posts: 62
    edited January 2015
    Thank you for making this thread! These issues have definitely affected my gaming experience as well, and I too would like to see them addressed.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2310 Sandy Bridge 2.9GHz
    GPU: 2 X GeForce GTX 760 2GB (SLI)
    RAM: 16GB DDR3
    SSD: SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128B/WW 2.5" 128GB SATA III
    HDD: 2TB Seagate
    PSU: Cooler Master GX - 750W 80+
  • shiro0988shiro0988 Member Registered Users Posts: 62
    edited January 2015
    Nelec wrote: »
    I would really like to see an official response to this really. I just don't understand the point in downgrading anything at all. Perhaps engine limitations or something? I don't know, and I don't like how CA has been keeping this in the dark since launch. This is the ONLY Total War game that they have actually gone backwards in terms of graphical fidelity

I don't think it's engine limitations. Both Shogun II and Rome II are running on, essentially, the same engine. I'm guessing they did all of this as a part of a rushed and, in my opinion, a poor optimization effort. I believe a lot of AAA PC games go through a sort of performance analysis towards the end of their development cycle to determine what hardware is required to run the game, and/or what should be done to the game to make it run well on modern hardware. This seems to be common practice, because I've seen many game demos that look better than their released versions. So, based on whatever reasoning (e.g. requirements too high for target audience, unplayable game segments, needs to have same requirements as Shogun, etc...), they had to lower asset quality. This would explain the lowered shield textures, rock textures, shadow quality, and so on. When the game was released, it ran very poorly. It would most likely have ran even worse had they not lowered the quality of those assets.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2310 Sandy Bridge 2.9GHz
    GPU: 2 X GeForce GTX 760 2GB (SLI)
    RAM: 16GB DDR3
    SSD: SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128B/WW 2.5" 128GB SATA III
    HDD: 2TB Seagate
    PSU: Cooler Master GX - 750W 80+
  • igor_leikinigor_leikin Member Registered Users Posts: 76
    edited January 2015
    In addition to all water issues there is a strange bug issue from rome that i think no one here mentioned but it is really annoying
    it happens when you trying to look through vegetation towards sun
    and as far as can understand has to do with vegetation alpha,,,
    f4i6x2.jpg
    dbqpi0.jpg
    2wp8njr.jpg
    Anyway, said above is secondary.
    First CA should fix Rome 2.
  • biohazardbgrbiohazardbgr Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 370
    edited February 2015
    Thank you Paolo! I`m happy CA notice this thread. I hope this issues will be resolved in patch 17, bugs like the black shadows and the water reflections are very annoying, specialty the water shader problems. Yesterday when I play Attila I saw the amazing detailed ships sailing in the sunset and the only thing missing were the reflections in the water. I also report a problem for Rome II, a heat distortion missing in the desert battles during summer. I find that the water reflection missing in Attila didn't render at all, in Rome II if you play the siege of Carthage historical battle you can still see some trees and distant rocks reflections in the water but no building and ships. I will make a update to this thread with the new issues that i find and I will start similar for Attila but for now I find very little issues there. The developers need only to find the broken shader and fix it is not like write a new water shader I can`t believe Rome II and Attila will be left without this effect, specially when the naval combat looks so amazing and the awesome models for the ships and physics for the water and the weather. Here the reflections are clearly visible https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZthalx7bnQ#t=115
    edited July 2015
    Now when Patch 17 was announced I hope you can check my feedback of rome 2 and address this problems. Keep up the good work on polishing Rome II, thanks CA for no abandoning Rome II. Continue to support your games and we will support you :)
  • HoffmeisterHoffmeister Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 220
    edited July 2015
    Big ups Biohazardbgr!
    If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
    edited July 2015
    Thanks I hope CA do something about the game there are many bugs left. I want to report other that I find.

Missing Features

a) The most requested feature is toggle proximity fade like in Attila this is a must feature

b) Rome II is the only Total War title that lack MSAA anti aliasing please introduce it back to the game this is a must feature for any modern game. Even Med 2 have it up to 8 samples.

1 Heat haze disappear in summer battles specialty in deserts this is very annoying when you fight in the hottest climate.

2 When raining the specular of the ground surface is very reflective and glowing this is very annoying please lower the intensity of the specular map. Also the animated rain texture on the ground from shogun II is missing.

3 When raining there use to be a screen effect of drops on the camera simulating the rain hitting the glass for some reason this disappeared but i look in to the code and it seems is on but is not rendered in the game.

4 The game freezes when you are in the graphics menu and change the settings and applying them several times during battle.

5 When you use the strategic map in campaing map the icons of resources armies and cities disappear when you zoom this is very present in britannia.

6 Agents and armies stars sometimes disappear on the campaing map
  • Emperor DomitianusEmperor Domitianus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,243
    edited July 2015
    Good work on pointing at problems man. Let's hope yuo will be heard.
    edited July 2015
    I want to report problem when you change your main menu to augustus white background and start a combat the background is the red loading screen from TWOS.
  • Emperor DomitianusEmperor Domitianus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,243
    edited July 2015
    This happens with all backgrounds. I have the classic red one and combat backgrounds are WOS.
    edited July 2015
    I update my thread and the last info I post here is now in the first page. I corrected also some problems with the reference images not showing. If CA continue to support Rome II I will support this thread also. I will update my Attila thread in the future. Attila don`t have the half of the glitches of rome have so it will be smaller.
  • AusilioAusilio Member Registered Users Posts: 44
    edited July 2015
    On the note about Unit fades - could we also implement an option to turn this off for Vegetation (trees etc) too. As when you zoom close in or around, the leaves disappear.

I'm aware this is so you can easily see your units and their movement/positioning, but the option would be nice and increase the immersion for others. Would also highlight the seasonal effects more on trees because the leaves won't disappear when you get up close.¬.¬

Unless this is already an option, if so, which box do I tick? :/
  • FlavioFlavio Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 28
    edited July 2015
    Great post!

The patterns for the roman shields must be updated.
  • KatternKattern Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9
    edited August 2015
    Great post, Emperors Edition here - shadows should be fixed - where is nice, round blob from older TW games? Will be enough, not flickering
    and good compromise between visual quality and decent framerate.

With Best Regards!
    edited August 2015
    It is unfortunate that the patch 17 was late so long and none of the issues that I cover here, wasn't fix. I know two times CA representatives see the thread and say they inform the dev team but it seems patch 17 was focused on balance I hope if there is patch 18 will fix most of the issues in this thread.
  • VastatorVastator Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    edited August 2015
    It is unfortunate that the patch 17 was late so long and none of the issues that I cover here, wasn't fix. I know two times CA representatives see the thread and say they inform the dev team but it seems patch 17 was focused on balance I hope if there is patch 18 will fix most of the issues in this thread.
    Kudos to you, it was a well written post and was spot on in many aspects. Unfortunately it was all wasted time, since, as all the other bug reporting/feedback/balancement threads have shown, the whole bug/feedback gathering process is a joke and ca has other priorities.
    Disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Also because i don't work for The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Creator of "Vastator Unit Style" for Shogun 2: Here or here
    I updated the thread cheers :)
  • DestraexDestraex Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 326
    edited August 2018
    I just posted in the tech area and then did a search for something more specific. It seems I am having a lot of the issues here specifically with unit readability (without flags) when zoomed out even just to see a few units. You immediately have trouble telling the ground from the units. Is there a fix or some legacy files I need to clear? Is there a mod which puts all the detail back in. When it first came out rome2 looked great and then they seemed to remove things because of performance issues. I want those things back from release because at the moment the joy of seeing the battles is not something that is possible on my PC.

Not a great PC but should be able to run reasonably well with small unit size?
    20gig ram
    i5 3570k
    gtx970
    Bring back the corvus, harpax as per game files found and make transports have no ram a sail and handle like pregnant sows.