Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

"Sieze the Initiative!" and "Hold Your Ground!" - no fix for almost a year.

SormaranSormaran Junior MemberPosts: 22Registered Users
edited November 2015 in Total War Eras Support
These two achevements are broken since "seasons" update which removed victory points from camps, when it was, march or april 2014?
CA, will you ever fix this? There were a few topics about this issue which had dev's answer about forthcoming fix....
So i think there is enough time passed, we deserve an answer when or wether it'll be fixed at all.
Post edited by Sormaran on

Comments

• Emperor_SalvatoreEmperor_Salvatore Junior Member Posts: 36Registered Users
    edited January 2015
    I have to agree, such a minor issue that surely can be fixed or removed so easily to keep many of the achievement hunters out there happy. I feel a little cheated that such a minor bug that makes the game look broken & unpolished not only to current customers but others that might enjoy completing achievements and in the future, intended to buy this game only to find out that you cant achieve 100%.
    Yes its not a significant issue to many others but these broken achievements make us loyal customers feel like you don't care about the product anymore or the customers who have been loyal to your games, buying each of the titles, the endless dlc's you have brought out.
    Please give us an ETA on when you intend to fix or remove them please, people have been patient for a year, we deserve answers, if you continue to ignore us, your weakening our faith in your products.
  • SormaranSormaran Junior Member Posts: 22Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    Oh yeah, of course. Didnt check this thread since i've posted it, and no reply from dev still, as expected.
    edited February 2015
    Yet they add 3 stupid insignificant achievements but didn't have the sense to remove the broken ones or fix the ones not working correctly, C.A are you guys serious? like honestly does your team sit down and talk about your next course of action before there are "updates" and "new dlc's"? or do random workers decide to throw rubbish together and add it in for the sake of it?
    Cant take you guys seriously anymore, soon there will be (example) Empire 2: Total War
    Achievement 1. Play on xx/xx/xx
    Achievement 2. Finish campaign as xxxxxx
    Achievement 3. Play on xx/xx/xx
    Achievement 4. Finish campaign as xxxxxx
    Achievement 5. Play on xx/xx/xx
    Achievement 6. Finish campaign as xxxxxx
    (another 150 achievements late)
    Achievement 151. Play on xx/xx/xx
    Achievement 152. Finish campaign as xxxxxx

No effort or thought put into your updates or releases anymore, full throttle on the cow milking.
  • MiraklumMiraklum Senior Member Posts: 408Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    Sormaran wrote: »
    Oh yeah, of course. Didnt check this thread since i've posted it, and no reply from dev still, as expected.
    Sharing the pain...I just wished they came up with a solution because this is being ignored. As this continues, this total war game is the only tw game in wich we will not be able to unlock all badges steam presents us. Its like being fooled if youre an achievement hunter and buy this game...

Untitled.jpg

This is from the the milkman guide on steam CA. Will a patch fix or remove these?
  • myselfnapoleonmyselfnapoleon Senior Member Posts: 440Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    I've been wondering why I didn't get the "Hold your Ground" achievement despite winning all kinds of encampment battles. I then assumed the achievement was bugged. I hope CA can fix it. It shouldn't be that hard I guess...
    edited February 2015
    I've been wondering why I didn't get the "Hold your Ground" achievement despite winning all kinds of encampment battles. I then assumed the achievement was bugged. I hope CA can fix it. It shouldn't be that hard I guess...

Well you'd be surprised...not in a good way
  • SormaranSormaran Junior Member Posts: 22Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    hahaha, now they added another 3 achievements on valentine day weekend and seems that because i didnt know about it and missed them - i cant obtain them anymore. Which would be fine if these achievements would be unique and doesnt stay at achievements board after the weekend. But nope. And because Atilla is out, we might as well give our hopes for any fix.
    edited February 2015
    hahaha, now they added another 3 achievements on valentine day weekend and seems that because i didnt know about it and missed them - i cant obtain them anymore. Which would be fine if these achievements would be unique and doesnt stay at achievements board after the weekend. But nope. And because Atilla is out, we might as well give our hopes for any fix.

I only wish they would surprise us...and just patch atleast this.
    edited February 2015
    Well a second dlc for Attila one week after its release, yet no response or any clear indication when they will fix the issues with Rome 2, they are just blatantly ignoring us (YOUR CUSTOMERS) and not fixing issues that are cosmetic, which all players can see, not just people with specific computer builds.
    You guys are apparently releasing a big update for Rome 2 in the near future, are you just going to skip over the few you couldn't be bothered to do?
  • dreadpiratebobdreadpiratebob Junior Member Posts: 15Registered Users
    edited March 2015

Apparently you can still get those by changing your system time to the appropriate date. However - still no progress on the two broken ones, inc. Seize. There are many threads open about it - one I was posting in has just been closed by a mod, so I'm migrating to this one. Didn't say why it was being closed ... sure as hell isn't 'cos it's fixed ... :(
  • The_MilkmanThe_Milkman Junior Member Posts: 27Registered Users
    edited March 2015
    Miraklum wrote: »
    This is from the the milkman guide on steam CA. Will a patch fix or remove these?

Hey, that's my guide!

I must say that I am quite disappointed that these two achievements as well as the Pontifex Maximus achievement have remained broken for so long. I wish we could get a word on if there's a problem getting them to work or not. If all else fails it would be fine with me if these three broken achievements were just deleted all together. Anything other than having unobtainable achievements!
    I am the author of the Total War achievement guides on Steam. Feel free to ask me any questions you have regarding achievements and you can view my guides by following the links below.

Warhammer
    Rome II
    Napoleon
    Empire
    edited March 2015
    ... If all else fails it would be fine with me if these three broken achievements were just deleted all together. Anything other than having unobtainable achievements!

As per my posts in one of the other threads on this issue, if nothing else they should just make the older code available via Steam's 'beta' function. Has to be minimal effort, as there's no changes to code required, just integration with Steam (he says, fingers crossed!).
    edited May 2015
    Can any indications be provided as to a likely schedule for a fix on this?
    edited May 2015
    It is quite disappointing that this has been ignored for so long. I can't imagine these three broken achievements are hard to fix at all. Adding an old patch in as a beta like the previous poster suggested has been done by other developers. The Pontifex Maximus achievement also looks like it would be an easy fix. If you guys really can't / or don't want to bother fixing them, simply deleting the achievements would be fine as well. It's better than having broken achievements remain in your game forever.

Can we please get some type of word on if this is ever going to be resolved?
    I am the author of the Total War achievement guides on Steam. Feel free to ask me any questions you have regarding achievements and you can view my guides by following the links below.

Warhammer
    Rome II
    Napoleon
    Empire
    edited May 2015
    I know exactly what you mean, they have these post in the forums as "In progress" yet we here no news or information about IF it will even be resolved, Rome 2 is two years old now? I doubt they will bother to fix them, or the historical battle not showing a completion star, among other things, Attila isn't getting much support either.
    Someone that works there must have some issue with completing things because they added 3 stupid achievements about playing and winning a battle on a specific day (no significance to the game) but didn't think it might be a good idea to remove the game related achievements which are no longer working? lol
    If they have stopped supporting the game, they should at least let us know with a post? I'd like to know if I should just call it quits and uninstall the game so I can move on to Attila, but then again that is in worse shape when it comes to achievements.
    edited July 2015
    Sav_T wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean, they have these post in the forums as "In progress" yet we here no news or information about IF it will even be resolved...

Bump. Some news on the progress (or otherwise) of this problem would be appreciated.
    edited August 2015
    Patch 17 came out with no fix to this issue, I hope it will be resolved in a hotfix or another patch.
    edited October 2015
    edited November 2015
    Can we please get some sort of word on this? It's been over a year and numerous patches since we've heard anything about these. Fixes have been promised and yet nothing has come of it. The "Pontifex Maximus" achievement is also broken and seems like a relatively easy fix.

For reference, the threads where it was said you were aware of these issues:
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/139167-Pontifex-Maximus-Achievement-broken-(twcenter.net)

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/130586-Seize-the-initiative-achievement

Warhammer
    Rome II
    Napoleon
    Empire

It is quite disappointing that they have been left in for so long. I messaged several of the forum moderators about this a few months ago but that was to no avail as well. I really do not think it would be difficult at all to simply remove these three from the game.

Warhammer
    Rome II
    Napoleon
    Empire
    Apparently they can't fully 'remove' them - only Steam can do that. However, they can change the conditions on which they trigger, for example, or release the older versions as optional 'beta' states we can switch to. There are ways to fix this, though, perhaps the will is lacking...?
    edited February 2016

Apparently they can't fully 'remove' them - only Steam can do that.

Whoever told you that doesn't know what they're talking about. The developers have full reign over achievements and Steam never steps in . The achievements can be easily removed by CA, but as you said, will is certainly lacking. I think changing the conditions on which these two achievements trigger may be a bit more difficult, though they could possibly make it so the morale point inside the encampment is what triggers it. I see no reason why the Pontifex Maximus achievement would be difficult to fix. Removing them appears to be the easiest route, and at this point I'll take whatever we can get. Unfortunately, it seems as though this part of the forum is completely ignored anyway. A shame, really.

Also, I'm not totally sure how mods work in the game since I've never made one, but if you could somehow revert the building tree to what it was like before Pontifex Maximus broke, then it may be possible to fix that achievement that way.
    Post edited by The_Milkman on

Warhammer
    Rome II
    Napoleon
    Empire
    Another couple of months, another period with no official response, another bump.

With Rome II being moved the the "Eras" section of the forum it appears that all support for this game has been halted. It's a real shame that such an easily fixable thing has survived so long.

Warhammer
    Rome II
    Napoleon
    Empire
    Another couple of months, another period with no official response, another bump.

Darren got me an official response a few days ago:

"Unfortunately, while the change is relatively simple, making the change to remove the achievements could destabilize the game for some people and would need significant testing time to address. At the moment there’s no plan to update ROME II, but if we do in the future, this fix will be included."

Seems as though these two will remain officially broken.

There's a mod on the steam workshop that adds victory points back to some battles:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=619729238&searchtext=victory+points

I imagine for someone with experience it wouldn't be too hard to add them back to encampment battles as well and then maybe these two would work again.

Warhammer
    Rome II
    Napoleon
    Empire
  • MR_BADNEWS359MR_BADNEWS359 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Is it real to get this achivment by using workshop\mods? I rly cant understand why it can't be fixed by years!