Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: ATTILA - Community Event - February 7th at Meltdown LONDON -

Nico CANico CA Creative AssemblyRegistered Users Posts: 1,222
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Hi guys!

We are delighted to announce that on the 7th of February from 17:00 (GMT), we will be hosting a community event for Total War: ATTILA at the MELTDOWN London!

700px-Announcement_ENG.png

“Try the game!”

Book the date and join us at the venue to test your military and diplomatic skills on Total War: ATTILA in campaign and historical battle modes! Do you think you can give the Western Roman Empire a brighter fate or do you actually prefer leading the apocalypse as the Huns?

We will have a few PCs available for you to play the game early and see if your plans will actually work out as expected!

“Live Streaming!”

We will be streaming on our official Twitch channel with some of your favourite YouTubers. We will also do our best to stream at convenient hours so our friends in America won’t have to get up too early on Saturday to follow the stream :)

Official Total War Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/totalwarofficial

We will start the live stream at 17:00 GMT / 12:00 (noon) EST on our official Twitch channel. On the menu, expect some talking about Total War & Total War: ATTILA with some of the developers and = Let's Play with Warrior Of Sparta as well as Lionheart who will do their best to survive as the Western Roman Empire or bring the apocalypse with the Huns!

Hope to see you there or online on our Twitch channel!

Address:

Meltdown LONDON

342 Caledonian road London, N1 1BB
- CA Senior Community Coordinator -

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Post edited by Nico CA on

Comments

• IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Cair Andros GarrisonRegistered Users Posts: 11,387
    edited January 2015
    *Waits patiently for more details*
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • Lord_Maximus77Lord_Maximus77 Technical Moderator Leeuwarden, NLRegistered Users, Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights Posts: 3,359
    edited January 2015
    Cool!

To all those going: Have fun!

Is there any chance CA/SEGA will be doing Total War community events on the EU mainland?
    Any fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction. — Albert Einstein

viri non urinat in ventum — Anonymous Roman

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  • Nico CANico CA Creative Assembly Registered Users Posts: 1,222
    edited January 2015
    Cool!

To all those going: Have fun!

Is there any chance CA/SEGA will be doing Total War community events on the EU mainland?

We'll host a similar event at the Meltdown BERLIN and Meltdown PARIS on the same day.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Cair Andros GarrisonRegistered Users Posts: 11,387
    edited January 2015
    Nico CA wrote: »
    We'll host a similar event at the Meltdown BERLIN and Meltdown PARIS on the same day.

No Nico or Matty in London, then? That's a great shame. :(
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"

"Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

• MithrasTruthMithrasTruth Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,008
    edited January 2015
    But how do we book???
    Free booze?
    edited January 2015
    But how do we book???
    Free booze?

Details will be posted over the next few days. :)

Edit: Post now irrelevant.

Team Elize von Carstein

• 59tiger9559tiger95 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 681
    edited January 2015
    Yeah! Awesome oh wait I can't go
    "A man who will not die for something is not fit to live"- Martin Luther King Junior

Hey if you have the time check out my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/59tiger95
  • puddingkippuddingkip Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 821
    edited January 2015
    Will we go to the pub afterwards?
    And London, Berlin and Paris all are equally far away...

Next event will be in Amsterdam or Rotterdam, I demand it
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.
    edited January 2015
    But how do we book???
    Free booze?

The venue will be open to everyone from 18:00 however you do need to be 18 at least :)

• septimus severusseptimus severus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 203
    edited January 2015
    Vindobona - pleeeeease.....
  • Magus65Magus65 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 176
    edited January 2015
    Dam londonites. Im envious now... Not like i can ditch school and go to England for this lol..
  • The Great PamphletThe Great Pamphlet Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 423
    edited January 2015
    Will be something like the battle of the Nile event, I suppose?
  • GelstonGelston Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,591
    edited January 2015
    You guys should come on down to Louisiana! *Holds his breath and dies of lack of oxygen*
  • DonniMalakaDonniMalaka Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 613
    edited January 2015
    All those lucky buggers in London have fun!

I'm stuck here in Australia, deprived of any form of gaming community event at all. :(
    My Rig- i5 4670K 3.8ghz, 8gb RAM, GTX 970 Asus Direct CUII OC Edition
  • TheRamblerTheRambler Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 25
    edited January 2015
    I may well be there ;)
    If you so wish check out my youtube channel! - https://www.youtube.com/therambler146 :p
  • FalzyFalzy Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    So just to double check do we have to book or can we just turn up?
  • Lionheartx10Lionheartx10 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 145
    edited January 2015
    I shall be there! :)
    Total War Let's Plays, Online Battles and much much more... Check Out My YouTube Channel here:
  • Wombles.Wombles. Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 561
    edited February 2015
    I'm tied up that weekend :( have a good time all that attend. (lucky gits)
  • SuperfilSuperfil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 171
    edited February 2015
    puddingkip wrote: »
    Will we go to the pub afterwards?
    And London, Berlin and Paris all are equally far away...

Next event will be in Amsterdam or Rotterdam, I demand it

This.

I would say Rotterdam or maybe Utrecht that would be very nice
    And hats. More hats. More hats can never hurt. Hats are love. Hats are life.
  • CobblarsCobblars Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 186
    edited February 2015
    Would love to go, however London isn't great for access and expensive to get to unless you live locally.

No chance of you ever doing the same sort of thing in Birmingham I suppose?
  • tat501tat501 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 795
    edited February 2015
    I live literally a 5 minutes walk away - but I'll be busy!?! NOOOO....
    edited February 2015
    Morning guys!
    Falzy wrote: »
    So just to double check do we have to book or can we just turn up?
    No, you don’t have to book anything however you do have to be at least 18 to get in.

edited February 2015
    No, you don’t have to book anything however you do have to be at least 18 to get in.

Why??
    I'm 14 so this means I can't come in to this event even when it is in the NL or Berlin or Paris?
    :(
    edited February 2015
    Superfil wrote: »
    Why??
    I'm 14 so this means I can't come in to this event even when it is in the NL or Berlin or Paris?
    :(

I'm afraid 14 might be a bit too early regardless the country. That's why we're planning a live stream :)
    http://www.twitch.tv/totalwarofficial

edited February 2015
    I'm afraid 14 might be a bit too early regardless the country. That's why we're planning a live stream :)
    http://www.twitch.tv/totalwarofficial

I went to their website and I understand now why it is 18+. There is a lot of different types of alcoholic drinks to buy there;)
    edited February 2015
    Hi guys,

A few more details about the live stream! We will start the live stream at 17:00 GMT / 12:00 (noon) EST on our official Twitch channel. On the menu, expect some talking about Total War & Total War: ATTILA with some of the developers and = Let's Play with Warrior Of Sparta as well as Lionheart who will do their best to survive as the Western Roman Empire or bring the apocalypse with the Huns!

Hope to see you there or online on our Twitch channel!

• iceniiicenii Senior Member The PhilippinesRegistered Users Posts: 1,373
    edited February 2015
    Well I'll be online but you won't be seeing me I'll be seeing you I guess I should wish WoS and Lionheart good luck but I hope also to see a few facepalm moments from them both.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
  • Wombles.Wombles. Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 561
    edited February 2015
    Why CA are you showing the Western Roman Empire, i have made my mind up to play the sexy Vikings now I'm going to be in turmoil on release day. :D
  • kudowazzupmankudowazzupman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    hi do I need to pay? or is it just turn up and play?
    edited February 2015
    Wombles. wrote: »
    Why CA are you showing the Western Roman Empire, i have made my mind up to play the sexy Vikings now I'm going to be in turmoil on release day. :D

Because watching a Western Roman Empire campaign may be something akin to seeing Will while the coffee machine is broken. ;)

Team Elize von Carstein