Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

NTW White uniforms Bug?

Sir_Nicholas_AltmannSir_Nicholas_Altmann Senior MemberSplit, Dalmatia, CroatiaPosts: 2,151Registered Users
edited February 2015 in Napoleon: Total War
Hi. I recently reinstalled NTW and started an MPC as the French. My my French army keeps getting white uniforms in battle. Its annoying an also it makes harder to tell units apart.

How to fix this?

Is it something with the graphics settings?

I saw this before but not this often when my PC was a lot weaker. Its all max out now in graphics.

Tried googleing but nothing clever was to be found.
WITHOUT DREAMS WE WALK AMONG THE DEAD
Post edited by Sir_Nicholas_Altmann on

Comments

• BMNOBLE981BMNOBLE981 Senior Member Posts: 1,208Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    Might be a few files missing, have you verified the game cache, since your re-install?
    Dr Zoidberg "We fight over matters of honour, and whether or not abbreviations count in scrabble. THEY DON'T"

“My fault. What I said in the guild was incorrect: rather than ‘death is certain if you follow me’, I actually meant ‘come along and I shall slaughter the lot of you’.”

Ainz Ooal Gown Overlord Light Novels
  • Sir_Nicholas_AltmannSir_Nicholas_Altmann Senior Member Split, Dalmatia, CroatiaPosts: 2,151Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    BMNOBLE981 wrote: »
    Might be a few files missing, have you verified the game cache, since your re-install?

I did now. 1 file was downloaded. Lets see now.
  • Sir_Nicholas_AltmannSir_Nicholas_Altmann Senior Member Split, Dalmatia, CroatiaPosts: 2,151Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    I did now. 1 file was downloaded. Lets see now.

Well my GPU is GTX 970 4gb. Awesome card but it has issues with NTW.

When I lowered my settings to high all from ultra and unticked almost all boxes it seems good now. I was messing with it for 4 hours. Texture settings have a lot to do with it but sometimes even with them lowered it was white. It drove me crazy.

We shall see now.
    edited February 2015
    I made a thread in the support forum.

Here is the screenshot. Where can I turn too help?

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/...01CFC05E8BF5F/

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/...3E38BC195BD16/
  • Noif1988Noif1988 Senior Member FinlandPosts: 593Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    Do you use mods? I remember also I had Prussian units as white colored MANY YEARS ago.
  • wdknee88wdknee88 Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    The French were in White uniforms for a small period of time due to the lack of Indigo Blue dye. but i am sure the designers did not take that into consideration
    edited February 2015
    Noif wrote: »
    Do you use mods? I remember also I had Prussian units as white colored MANY YEARS ago.

I had just one mod, Sir Digbys to correct the Old Guard bearskins and it was causing it. I removed it and its fine. Thanks.
  • GiborGibor Senior Member Posts: 129Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    This is a well-known memory issue (with 32-bit systems?) since the release of the game and has never been fixed by CA.

Maybe you will find here an answer: click here or click here.