Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Problem with installing Attila

TheGuardianOfMetal#3661TheGuardianOfMetal#3661 Senior MemberGermanyRegistered Users Posts: 14,701
edited February 2015 in Gameplay Issues
Hi folks, since it seems like the Support Area isn't here yet i poste this here^^

Everytime i wanna install Attila i get a message from steam that i need the steam service component (Steam-Dienstkomponente in german it says) installed... and when i wanna install it steam stops responsing as soon as i press "Install"
The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
Post edited by TheGuardianOfMetal#3661 on

Comments

• Will CAWill CA No longer working for CA Castle CARegistered Users Posts: 1,342
    edited February 2015
    The support section is jumping in and out of reality at the moment, so I'm going to teleport your thread there for the tech mods to unleash their knowledge and hopefully we can get this resolved.

-Will CA
    Rally Point.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • DarKtwDarKtw Tech Moderator NSW, AustraliaTech Moderators Posts: 639
    edited February 2015
    It's normal to stop responding if it's unpacking which can take a long time.

Installing from disc or download?
  • Lord_Maximus77#3771Lord_Maximus77#3771 Technical Moderator Leeuwarden, NLRegistered Users, Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights Posts: 3,383
    edited February 2015
    Coud you describe your problem in more detail please?

Are you installing from disc or did you buy from the Steam store?

And is it failing when installing Steam itself or does it give you that message when installing Attila?
    Any fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction. — Albert Einstein

viri non urinat in ventum — Anonymous Roman

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  • TheGuardianOfMetal#3661TheGuardianOfMetal#3661 Senior Member GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 14,701
    edited February 2015
    Coud you describe your problem in more detail please?

Are you installing from disc or did you buy from the Steam store?

And is it failing when installing Steam itself or does it give you that message when installing Attila?
    the problem has fixed itself... it seems that something with the steam servers was wrong when i tired to install it... now it worked
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • Matthias CAMatthias CA Administrator UKRegistered Users Posts: 2,580
    edited February 2015
    Hi The Guardian of Metal,

Thank you for reporting this back to us.

I will mark your thread as solved.

Enjoy the game! :)

Cheers,

Matthias
    PLEASE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE POSTING YOUR ISSUE ON THE SUPPORT FORUMS.

Need to contact us?

Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.