Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mac graphics not using graphics card, internal only

sbishop1488sbishop1488 Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 7
edited February 2015 in Mac & Linux Support
OK, just loaded Total War on my Mac the first time and its recommended 720p and Performance settings and looks awful, and I mean awful. When I change the settings up to Quality it has no effect, I believe its not seeing the correct graphics card which is a NVidia GeForce 675MX which runs Rome 2 at 720p and high settings with an average of 40 fps.

This game is very buggy. I can't find anyway to determine what graphics card it is using and how I can change this on Mac but they have mentioned about it on PC.

HELP PLEASE?
Post edited by sbishop1488 on

Comments

• Allan_CAAllan_CA The Creative Assembly Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 65
    edited February 2015
    In you Graphics options, click custom and in the Advanced options panel, at the top, can you please check what Graphics card the game is detecting?
    I attached an image to show how it should display.

Graphics Card.jpg
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • hoaxviihoaxvii Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    I'm having exactly the same issue. On the recommended 'performance' setting the game looks horrendous, pretty much unplayable, butwhen I switch up to 'quality' there seems to be no apparent difference in graphics.

I'm using an iMac with a AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB... from what I've read this should be able to run the game, even if it is at the
    lower end.
  • JosoapyJosoapy Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    I've bought every TW game so far. And was so happy to see Attila launched for Mac from day 1.
    So happy that I threw caution to the wind and bought on steam without my usual research.

After all what could go wrong, right? I exceed the requirements spec.

Unlike Rome 2, its just unplayable. And as the post above, no matter what I do to the settings, quality remains terrible. My units become simple dots when zoomed out.

Im not optimistic. Feels like a £30 down the drain.

it's not detecting my card correctly - reads as NVIDEA Geforce 650M with 512MB.

What's wierd is that if I tab out and use 'About this Mac' in the apple menu it tells me the same thing... GeForce 650M

As soon as I quit out of Attila - checking About this Mac now shows the correct card (as below).

Is Atilla overriding something and running my mbp at a lower graphics setting?

Mac Book Pro mid 2012 15"
    2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    16Gb Ram
    Intel HD 4000, 1024MB
    Running from SSD
  • Bigman1103Bigman1103 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Josoapy said:

I've bought every TW game so far. And was so happy to see Attila launched for Mac from day 1.

So happy that I threw caution to the wind and bought on steam without my usual research.

After all what could go wrong, right? I exceed the requirements spec.

Unlike Rome 2, its just unplayable. And as the post above, no matter what I do to the settings, quality remains terrible. My units become simple dots when zoomed out.

Im not optimistic. Feels like a £30 down the drain.

it's not detecting my card correctly - reads as NVIDEA Geforce 650M with 512MB.

What's wierd is that if I tab out and use 'About this Mac' in the apple menu it tells me the same thing... GeForce 650M

As soon as I quit out of Attila - checking About this Mac now shows the correct card (as below). Is Atilla overriding something and running my mbp at a lower graphics setting?

Mac Book Pro mid 2012 15"
    2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    16Gb Ram
    Intel HD 4000, 1024MB
    Running from SSD

I have the exact same laptop and the same thing is happening with Rome II. The activity monitor says that my Intel HD 4000 is being used, but when I go to the advanced settings in-game, it’s says my GeForce 650M is being used. Rome II must be overriding my computer’s settings so if someone could suggest a fix that would be great.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,318
    Commenting in a three year old thread is not going to get you any help. I suggest going here and opening a ticket:

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us

Thread is closed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

This discussion has been closed.