Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Creating groups with G always locked

Lord_DGPLord_DGP Senior MemberGermanyRegistered Users Posts: 733
edited February 2015 in Gameplay Issues
Even when switching around the controls in the options, the battle groups created with G are always locked while Ctrl + G groups are not.
Post edited by Lord_DGP on

Comments

• Matthias CAMatthias CA Administrator UKRegistered Users Posts: 2,580
    edited February 2015
    Hi Lord DGP,

It seems it is not an issue and is as design. I understand that it can be confusing and therefore I will try to make it clearer. However, I have notified the devs about this being confusing.

The G key for group/ungroup units does just that, groups units then ungroups them when you select it.

While the toggle locked group (Ctrl + G) selects between locking group and unlocking the group but does not ungroup the units.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your understanding,

Matthias
    PLEASE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE POSTING YOUR ISSUE ON THE SUPPORT FORUMS.

Need to contact us?

Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Lord_DGPLord_DGP Senior Member GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 733
    edited February 2015
    Hi Lord DGP,

It seems it is not an issue and is as design. I understand that it can be confusing and therefore I will try to make it clearer. However, I have notified the devs about this being confusing.

The G key for group/ungroup units does just that, groups units then ungroups them when you select it.

While the toggle locked group (Ctrl + G) selects between locking group and unlocking the group but does not ungroup the units.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your understanding,

Matthias
    Thank you for making that clear, I liked the Rome 2 grouping controls more, but I think I will get used to it.