Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Multiplayer Suggestions - an overview *moderated*

Comments

• DragonDumplingDragonDumpling Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    I would really like to be able to reset my Avatar and Multilayer statistics. Not my Avatar's skills, I mean completely reset. Set myself back to level 0 and start over. There are a few reasons for this. Number 1, I would like to rank up different sets of Vet units, which is hard to do at rank 7 because I am already going against a bunch of high ranking vets. Another reason is because I avoided sea battles till I was around Rank 6 or 7, now I decided to take an island but I am matched against people around my rank at sea and everyone else at my rank has cannon ships. It is impossible to beat someone with cannons or riffles if on the sea, if all you have is arrows.

To have the ability to start over is kind of a given, I dont understand why we do not have that choice.
  • alQamaralQamar Banned Posts: 1,904Banned Users
    edited April 2011
    this kind we would promote looser to reset if they are having a bad loose stat. you have to fight with someone in this case who has a better vet and avatar
  • FilarFilar Senior Member Posts: 416Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Retainers sets with possibility to save/load.

With current 60seconds timer you have to rush like crazy to be able to take proper army to current funds limit and then alter retainers. If we would have saveable sets of retainers it woudlnt be a problem.
  • NotSureNotSure Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    "I wonder if it would be possible for the devs to implement a do not play list so you could add some number of people to it and not have to play them.
    I have played against the same alt-f4 on losing person 3 times now and I would really like to never play them again.
    Is this something other people would want?"
    from -The Sword 88.
    Basically an Ignore option
    edited April 2011
  • Valkyria BloodlineValkyria Bloodline Senior Member Posts: 215Registered Users
    edited April 2011
  • FilarFilar Senior Member Posts: 416Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    1st: Give bomb-throwers "attack area" possibility. Atm. bomb throwers are useless in situations where they could and should be usefull. They tend to throw bombs at the front side of the enemy unit and that makes bomb throwing useless in most cases due to friendly fire. I suggest giving them similiar attack-ground mechanic as mongonels have (or had last time i have checked :D). This would allow using them effectively to damage enemy units even if they are in combat with allies. It would also make them able to shoot some bombs at charging cavalry which in theory should be possibl even tho throwers would get obliterated soon after, but still, they would have chance to throw some bombs before cav obliterate them.

2nd: Give ninjas 360degree bomb throwing arc and eliminate their "preparation time" for bombs throwing. Ninjas are not infantry troops that care for formations, and sometimes before they rotate their formation and prepare bombs they are already engaged in melee and cant throw anything... I would suggest making ninjas more like ninjas, less like grenadier regiment from napoleon cause in practise its just awkward that these elite murderers act like some french grenadiers. I have had terrible experience with them when i was about to bomb enemy general, and when they started to set up formation -.-' to throw some bombs general moved almost toucching ninjas (enemy still didnt noticed my ninjas presence and just ordered general to move somewhere else passing ninjas by like 5 meters) and they didnt throwed a single bomb... they just kept rotating formation to catch moving unit in their throwing arc... what kind of assassins they are?!
    edited April 2011
    541 member playing vs LoTW in tier 2 group 1 (we have 20-25 active players)

current statistics 18.04.2011 (number of played hours in Shogun 2 within the last 2 weeks) / number played ranked games):

???? Goons Total War (GTW) (9000)
    2483 Hermandad Guardia (HG) (4200)
    1825 Empire of Slashers (EOS) (3500)
    1956 The Honda Clan (-THC-) (3400)
    1113 Brotherhood of Aggony (3300)
    756 Legends of Total War (3000)
    1183 The Shimazu Clan (TSC) (2800)

657 Sacred Band (2800)
    500 Wolves Clan (1200)
    576 DEXTRA (900)

9180 played hours of all other major groups in 27800 games

LoTW has 756 played hours in 3000 games
  • Ben GrayBen Gray The Creative Assembly Posts: 31Banned Users
    edited April 2011
    As of 19.04.2011 at ~10:00 GMT

Hermandad Guardia (HG) - 29 regions, 59 players
    Honda Clan - 25 regions, 68 players
    Empire of Slashers - 7 regions, 46 players
    The Brotherhood Of Aggony - 6 regions, 30 players
    Goons Total War - 6 regions, 279 players
    Legends of Total War - 1 region, 31 players
    The Shimazu Clan - 1 region, 38 players
    Clan-Wolves - 1 region, 8 players
    {SacredBand} - 1 region, 13 players

Steam group size is not a good representation of players.
    Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed by me are my own and do not at all represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    edited April 2011
    Ben Gray wrote: »
    As of 19.04.2011 at ~10:00 GMT

Steam group size is not a good representation of players.

thanks for your feedback Ben,

in fact i used the group sizes of the clan groups in Shogun 2 to come on 541 members against us, not the steam group sizes as you stated in your post.
    edited April 2011
    /suggestion list have been updated
    thank you for your active participation!
  • Ben GrayBen Gray The Creative Assembly Posts: 31Banned Users
    edited April 2011
    alQamar wrote: »
    in fact i used the group sizes of the clan groups in Shogun 2 to come on 541 members against us, not the steam group sizes as you stated in your post.

My mistake, I made an assumption as you had total hours played as well (which we don't show in game).
    There is a total of 639 players in tier 2 / group 1 so your outnumbered about 20 to 1 :)
    Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed by me are my own and do not at all represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    edited April 2011
    @Ben: 20 to 1 ... well good to know thats how it feels like either :) are you allowed to comment my suggestion about how to solve that for everyone (finer grouping, loss of points for loosing games?), or at least if there is something "in the pipe" for the next patch to solve it? shorten the seasons was a move but not enough, imho

regarding total played hours: of course they are just an indication but not a good choice to make statistics (there could be unranked games, host / waiting times etc etc), however the total played ranked games tell the obvious story how this ends well enough.
  • HillisCamperusHillisCamperus Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    1) allow me to choose whether I want to view censored or uncensored chat. I am an adult and I would like to be able to read what people are saying without the silly filter. give me the option to turn it off.

2) i just had to play a 2vs1 because my ally somehow dropped as the countdown was starting BEFORE THE GAME STARTED. i think these guys had it planned out to get free wins. so i got my butt kicked and hit alt+f4 because they don't deserve the win.
    edited April 2011
    hello Hillis i will include your uncensor wish, anyway you must be aware that the game is allowed to be released for audience starting of 12 years age i think, for that they have to care about the content, same as they are reliable for content within a forum. so it is hardly possible they would change things.

your second one is rather a bug, and known. i would suggest you to have a look at other pinned topic by Skurkanas.
    edited April 2011
    Suggestion
    Limit Clan Competition Map movement, it's kinda lame when you can just go from the other side of the map to the other.
    Something like, free moving in clan zone and you can advance only 2 provinces forward in hostile territory
    edited April 2011
  • AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator Posts: 7,179Moderators, Tech Moderators
    edited April 2011
    While it may take me some time to get around to these threads, I do. Please note I have deleted anything not a suggestion or without any constructive addition or information about the thread.

Al
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://help.sega.com/home

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. Feel free to PM me or Matthias CA if you haven't received a response within 24 hours, 48 hours on the weekend. ~Al
    Forum Rules
  • daniudaniu Senior Member Posts: 1,907Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Put the Checkmark button for "Ready for Battle" somewhere else (to the right of that panel I would suggest).
    I get confused surprisingly often and have pressed Ready several times now although I only wanted to leave the Change Army screen (which I wasn't in, but the button looks the same and is at the same position). This starts the countdown and I want to give my opponents time with their setup.
    Looking forward to what the community makes of the new mod tools!
    edited April 2011
    suggestion
    let us reset our units skill points, for like 1 or 2 clan token
  • ZengaZenga Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    there should be an defending and an attacking side on multiplyer battles in shougun2... i played about 30 on. games ... and every time i had to force an stronger avatar.. who have only samurai units in his army.. and of course hes waitin for me to attack him .. yeah!! and of course i attacked him!! :D dont ask me how the battle ended :P with an option to choose who wanna be the defending or attacking side .. would make the game more intressting .. and would open new tactics .. because you have to arrange your army /def.army att.army/ .. of course the guy who attacks would get much more points for a win .. because we know how easy its to defend .. the money system must be rebalanced .. it must be cleared who gets more who less money.. and voilla! a much btter on. gaming SHOGUN TW expierience!!

greetz
    edited May 2011
    Suggestion
    An option to set maps to: Random for Battle list
    So the system randomly puts a random map for a hosted match in battle list
  • ZengaZenga Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    give the attacking side 1000xp per win .. and the defending gets only 300xp per win ... for example ...
  • AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator Posts: 7,179Moderators, Tech Moderators
    edited May 2011
    Arguments have been deleted.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://help.sega.com/home

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. Feel free to PM me or Matthias CA if you haven't received a response within 24 hours, 48 hours on the weekend. ~Al
    Forum Rules
    edited May 2011
    Will these suggestions be added to Patch 2? =/
    edited May 2011
    it dont looks like. saw your postings in the patch 2 release notes. i am not that sad that they did not manage it to take in these improvements, but i am quite angry that they have not adressed most of the mp bugs from skurkanas list.

Ediited. Note that this is being maintained for suggestions, _only_. I have left information items as they pertain to the thread.

This thread is pinned because _I_ thought yours was a good idea. I am not CA in any sense, and what a volunteer moderator thinks is a good idea does not mean it is practical _or_ a good idea as far as CA is concerned. ;)

Al