Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Desync after multiplayer campaign battles

CKeldor300CKeldor300 Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 3
edited March 2015 in Multiplayer
Having the same issues as some other people are having in their MP campaigns. Can't even get past turn 1 as either Franks/Saxons and Visigoths/Ostrogoths.

Assaulting Camulodunum and a city in East Roman Empire Territory. My friend loads back after the battle fine, it only de-syncs when I load back to the campaign map consistently.

Your type of connection to router. Is it a Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable connection? Ethernet
Does your MP partner have a broadband connection? no Cable, and he is also ethernet
Do users currently have or have previously used MODs? not in Attila
What languages and game regions are all affected players playing in? English and North America
Are users using in game voice chat? No
What are the PC specs of all affected users?
My specs:
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz 59 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Alienware 0PGRP5 (SOCKET 0) 65 °C
Graphics
FUNAI TV ([email protected])
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Dell)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 (NVIDIA) 36 °C
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DM 003-1CH162 SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 37 °C
698GB JMicron USB Device (USB (SATA)) 33 °C
1GB SanDisk U3 Cruzer Micro USB Device (USB)
14GB SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Device (USB)
Optical Drives
SanDisk U3 Cruzer Micro USB Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
My friend's:
(don't remember the specifics)
Windows 7
i7 Six Core
Twin SLI GTX 680
2 TB Hard Drive
16 GB DDR3 Ram

What DLC is installed for all affected players?
Viking Forefathers Culture Pack

Users Internet/broadband Speed. 113.13Mb/s
Users Internet/broadband latency. 42 ms
Any packet loss on the users connection? No

As much of the General Helpful Information as possible;
All lobby settings selected/chosen;
Step by step method to reproduce for each participant (the more detailed the better); During Franks/Saxon campaign, friend builds a religious building in city, moves fleet near Camolondum, does some diplomacy. Passes on to my turn, I do some diplomacy with my friend and other nearby factions. Also build a religious building, then move fleet to blockade Camlondum, attack through blockade. Win Battle load back to campaign map and de-sync occurs
Ostrogoths/Visigoths
He attacks city with one of his two armies, wins battle de-sync occurs.

If a Desync report is produced then that should also be provided by both player; (It can be found here: Windows explorer then type %Appdata% (open the following folders) > Roaming > The Creative Assembly > *CA Game Name* > Logs --- Please bear in mind you might not have a Roaming folder in which case please open the next folder)
Save games can be provided if possible;
autosave.save_multiplayer
My log:
NO_ENV DESYNC DETECTED at game tick 5442
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Attila\attila.exe
IN SYNC:
CKeldor300
OO SYNC:
CBlade252
(Failed to find logger for game tick 5442)

Friend's log:
NO_ENV DESYNC DETECTED at game tick 5442
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Attila\attila.exe
IN SYNC:
CKeldor300
OO SYNC:
CBlade252
(Failed to find logger for game tick 5442)

Was the Desync Resync popup shown? If yes, did the game Resync successfully? If no, what happened instead? Yes, shown but behind a popup saying that my friend(the host) left due to de-sync.

Did the Desync occur during the AI turn or during a players turn? Players turn, during either of our turns.
Post edited by CKeldor300 on

Comments

• KogaraKogara Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 22
    edited February 2015
    Me and a friend are having the same problem. Ironically, with the exact same city, and almost the same factions. (Saxons/Jutes)

We play MP games all the time, I'm not sure why Attila is having a problem =\.

Will provide saves or whatever as necessary if any devs/mods request it.
  • ThorvaldThorvald Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited February 2015
    I am having the exact same problem, at the same battle as well. Everything goes completely well until my friend loads back into the game after assaulting Camulodunum as the Saxons. At this point the game informs me of a desync.

Any information required I can also provide.
  • CKeldor300CKeldor300 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Apparently, my friend upon re-installing Win7 after purchasing two new hard drives to complement his original drive and upon a clean install of Steam and Attila, we can play it without de-syncing right after a victory whether it be a regular battle or a siege battle so far. Hopefully it stays that way, so it's something messed up in the files of Attila.
    edited March 2015
    I have tried this game on co-op several times, changing through several different factions. We always come to a desync after any battle we choose to play in. We've tried winning the battle and purposefully losing the battle but no matter what the game says host has left upon loading back into the campaign map. We've both verified the install of the game as well. Not exactly sure where to go from here to fix the problem...
    edited March 2015
    Funny enough, I did a re-install of Windows as well (8.1 though) and got a new hard drive as well. I'm still getting a desync after every battle though in the campaign.