Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Attila disconnects me from the internet when i try and host/join

NuclearEfficacyNuclearEfficacy Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 7
edited March 2015 in Multiplayer
Hi,

My friend and i attempted to play some co-op Attila tonight however we haven't been able to start a game.

Whenever i try hosting a game and click "host campaign" the game will freeze, my internet will drop for about 1-2 seconds, then it will either a) create the game or b) give me an error saying i failed to host. If the game is created, soon after it disconnects me yet again and as soon as i close the game, my internet is 100% fine all the time. I tested other steam games, including Rome 2 which has no issues like this at all. When i was able to actually create a game, my friend would attempt to join but it would give him an unspecified error, even though i was still connected to steam and therefore the internet at the time.

My friend also tried hosting a game and i tried joining said game. Whilst my internet didn't drop, i failed to join his game giving me an "unspecified error".

This is extremely frustrating...

Further details:

Connection: Ethernet wired
Partner's connection: Ethernet broadband
Mods: No
Region/Language: English - Australia
Voice chat: No
DLC: Vikings installed on both users
My PC specs: i7-3770k @ 3.5Ghz, Nvidia 660Ti 3GB OC, 2x8 Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM
Partner's PC specs: i5-3570k @ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte AMD 7950 3GB, 4x4 Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM

Speed test: 100-120mbps download
Ping: 8ms
Packet loss: N/A - but from router to computer 0% lossHi,

My friend and i attempted to play some co-op Attila tonight however we haven't been able to start a game.

Whenever i try hosting a game and click "host campaign" the game will freeze, my internet will drop for about 1-2 seconds, then it will either a) create the game or b) give me an error saying i failed to host. If the game is created, soon after it disconnects me yet again and as soon as i close the game, my internet is 100% fine all the time. I tested other steam games, including Rome 2 which has no issues like this at all. When i was able to actually create a game, my friend would attempt to join but it would give him an unspecified error, even though i was still connected to steam and therefore the internet at the time.

My friend also tried hosting a game and i tried joining said game. Whilst my internet didn't drop, i failed to join his game giving me an "unspecified error".

This is extremely frustrating...

Further details:

Build no. 4514.646135
Region/Language: English - Australia
Voice chat: No
DLC: Vikings installed on both users
My PC specs: i7-3770k CPU, Nvidia 660Ti 3GB OC, 2x8 Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM
Partner's PC specs: i5-3570k, Gigabyte AMD 7950 3GB, 4x4 Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM

Speed test: 100-120mbps download
Ping: 8ms
Packet loss: N/A - but from router to computer 0% loss
Post edited by NuclearEfficacy on

Comments

• CytosaCytosa Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    I've got the same issue - please help.

Region/Language: English - Europe
    DLC: Vikings installed
    My PC specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, AMD HD7970 ghz edition, 8,00 GB RAM
  • NuclearEfficacyNuclearEfficacy Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7
    edited February 2015
    So we tried hosting another game this evening and after many many MANY attempts, we finally got one going. This involved constantly hosting games hoping the internet would not cut out and then my friend would join and we would start a game quickly.

In-game, the internet stayed up as it always does whenever i use it for ANY other reason so there were no issues there. So the verdict now is, trying to set up a multiplayer game of any type leads to internet disconnection. However, after a game is launched (or should i say IF) then the internet does not disconnect our game. HOWEVER, we did experience some slight drop outs.

UNTIL of course... 3 turns in, my friend crashed and our save files (all 3) became incompatible.

I pre-ordered this game after first considering i wasn't going to after what happened with Rome II but my god, you sure did screw this one up too. A considerable improvement upon your other shamble but still oh so far off the bullseye my friends. Never pre-ordering again from you...
  • DreamEaterDreamEater Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    So I've attached the offending errors that came up when I tried to re-join the saved campaign after it had crashed.
    We both have the same build number, and both have the Viking DLC enabled.

Attila IS causing the internet to drop for NuclearEfficacy for some reason. I observed steam voice chat going red every time a game was hosted
  • anglemtalanglemtal Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited February 2015
    Try playing without skype or teamspeak active. Worked for me.
    edited February 2015
    anglemtal wrote: »
    Try playing without skype or teamspeak active. Worked for me.

We have never used skype or teamspeak whilst trying to play. We were using steam chat a few times, but we HAVE tried without steam chat and only in-game chat, but it's still broken.
    edited March 2015
    edited March 2015
    Seems fixed with the last patch...