Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Missing building slots, wrong military groups and german translation errors...

LiebespanzerLiebespanzer Junior MemberPosts: 5Registered Users
edited October 2015 in Gameplay Issues
Hi,

I encountered a few (minor) bugs/issues while playing around in Attila: Total War.

1. The first one is that the Western Roman Town Argentoratum only has 3 building slots available. The fourth one seems to be missing. I looked into the startpos file and indeed, it was missing.

001.jpg

2. The second issue might not stand out at first glance, but once it does, it will be pretty immersion-breaking: while the aethiopian, african and caucasian REBEL factions have the correct military groups assigned, the respective SEPARATIST/civil war factions don't! I imagine it to be quite disappointing when fighting an aethiopian civil war faction which has nordic warriors. (The same holds true for african separatists with persian/eastern warriors or caucasian separatists with desert warriors and camels.)

004.jpg

3. The third issue is a translation error in the german localisation. The faction trait title for the viking factions has an exclamation mark at the end. (Wrong translation: "Wikingerplünderer!")

002.jpg

4. Last but not least there are three more translation errors (again in the german localisation) which concern units.

- Elite Ballistarii (Wrong translation: "Eltie der Balistarii")
- Ravenna Elite Ballistarii (Wrong translation: "Elite der Balistarii aus Ravenna")
- Nubian Elite Archers (Wrong translation: "Nubische Elite-Bogenschützen!")

003.jpg

All these issues are basically very easy to correct and shouldn't take longer than a coffee break ;)
Hope I could help.
001.jpg 100.2K
002.jpg 97.4K
003.jpg 111.3K
004.jpg 106.1K
Post edited by Liebespanzer on

Comments

• CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Posts: 3,031Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    Hi Liebespanzer - Thanks for flagging these! Would it be possible to grab a save file we can take a look at?(Zip it to the forum if possible!) =)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • LiebespanzerLiebespanzer Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    Here is a round 1 save file with the WRE.

Notice how there is no option to expand the town Argentorum in the Province Maxima Sequanorum to 4 slots.
    edited February 2015
    And just for comparison, this is the same starting position, but now I've manually edited the startpos.esf file with the pack file manager (I know, I didn't do it perfectly) and you can clearly see, that I could now expand the town to 4 slots (given a population surplus of 7 of course)

005.jpg

I have uploaded the fixed save file to zippyshare because I have ran out of space here:

http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/aLCMQM3G/file.html
    005.jpg 99.3K
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Posts: 3,031Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the save and the extra details - I'll take a look and then pass it along =)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    edited March 2015
    I'm sorry that I have to pull up this old thread again, but while looking through the startpos file I've encountered a few more issues. Three more regions (this time provincial capitals) are all lacking a sixth building slot.

These cities are Ancyra (Bithynia),
    006.jpg

Caesarea Eusebia (Cappadocia),
    007.jpg

and Nova Trajana Bostra (Palestinea).
    008.jpg

This issue is not visible at the start of the campaign, as there is a lot of provincial growth needed to upgrade each of these cities to 5 slots, so I modded the startpos file to have enough growth in each of these provinces to make this problem obvious.

I also uploaded the save-file:
    http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/pridQdVO/file.html
    006.jpg 100.8K
    007.jpg 100.7K
    008.jpg 100.4K
  • PartholonPartholon Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    Has this been fixed? Will it be fixed for the Last Roman xpak and update?

This takes me out of the ame for balance reasons, please fix.
    edited June 2015
  • juwyjuwy Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited July 2015
    Has this been fixed in the last update?
    edited September 2015
  • dux80dux80 Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited October 2015
    Hi,

can anyone please explain how the startpos has to be edited with the assembly kit to add the missing 4th building slot in some regions?

regards
    Dux
  • Serg8910Serg8910 Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    So as I'm understand there will be no further patches for the Attila, since team is now working on Warhammer and those 4 provinces in grand campaign will be forever broken?

Thats ashame. I can't believe that to fix this annoying bug is such a costly thing in terms of human resources that you just abandoned it. Customers had informed about it since the first patches and it still there... after release of all dlc's.

I'm just hope you'll release the fix someday.

Best regards.
    Serg
  • BenironsBenirons Posts: 1Registered Users

Hi,

I encountered a few (minor) bugs/issues while playing around in Attila: Total War.

1. The first one is that the Western Roman Town Argentoratum only has 3 building slots available. The fourth one seems to be missing. I looked into the startpos file and indeed, it was missing.

Attachment not found.

2. The second issue might not stand out at first glance, but once it does, it will be pretty immersion-breaking: while the aethiopian, african and caucasian REBEL factions have the correct military groups assigned, the respective SEPARATIST/civil war factions don't! I imagine it to be quite disappointing when fighting an aethiopian civil war faction which has nordic warriors. (The same holds true for african separatists with persian/eastern warriors or caucasian separatists with desert warriors and camels.)

Attachment not found.

3. The third issue is a translation error in the german localisation. The faction trait title for the viking factions has an exclamation mark at the end. (Wrong translation: "Wikingerplünderer!")

Attachment not found.

4. Last but not least there are three more translation errors (again in the german localisation) which concern units.

- Elite Ballistarii (Wrong translation: "Eltie der Balistarii")

- Ravenna Elite Ballistarii (Wrong translation: "Elite der Balistarii aus Ravenna")

- Nubian Elite Archers (Wrong translation: "Nubische Elite-Bogenschützen!")

Attachment not found.

All these issues are basically very easy to correct and shouldn't take longer than a coffee break ;)

Hope I could help.

Hey,

Would u mind sharing how u edited the startpos file to add that exta building slot? I do wonder how u managed to do it with pack file manager as it will not open startpos.esf on my end.

I know, /necro, but it is evident if u want something done u cannot rely on devs.