Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Avoid losing points from plug pullers?

OhoshOhosh Junior MemberPosts: 1Registered Users
edited September 2015 in Napoleon: Total War
I have spent many hours looking through this forum for the answer to no avail. I have also googled and youtubed it with no success. It would seem that CA knows the multiplayer system is broken in this regards, and might consider doing something about it... (Not just Napoleon, but the other Total War titles also.) But that is besides the point for now and probably a reiteration of something that has been said thousands or tens of thousands or most likely hundreds of thousands of times. So how can I come out clean from these dishonorable low life scumbags? We all know how they do it, though there seems to be a few other ways than the traditional method as well. I am proud to say I have never done it myself. Surely somebody has found a way to come out clean. I have lost over 30,000 points in Napoleon Total War to this. This does not include the times I had problems with my internet or when Steam reboots/has issues, which any experienced Total War player can easily differentiate. I really only play naval battles in Napoleon multiplayer and I know I can win 95% of the time or at least make somebody's gaming experience hellishly challenging in battle. So in the end stars and points don't really matter. But it is frustrating none-the-less... So as the topic title suggests, how do you avoid losing points from plug pullers? Thanks for any input, comments, suggestions, etc. Happy gaming!
Post edited by Ohosh on

Comments

• MarshalDavoutMarshalDavout Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited August 2015
    Ohosh wrote: »
    I have spent many hours looking through this forum for the answer to no avail. I have also googled and youtubed it with no success. It would seem that CA knows the multiplayer system is broken in this regards, and might consider doing something about it... (Not just Napoleon, but the other Total War titles also.) But that is besides the point for now and probably a reiteration of something that has been said thousands or tens of thousands or most likely hundreds of thousands of times. So how can I come out clean from these dishonorable low life scumbags? We all know how they do it, though there seems to be a few other ways than the traditional method as well. I am proud to say I have never done it myself. Surely somebody has found a way to come out clean. I have lost over 30,000 points in Napoleon Total War to this. This does not include the times I had problems with my internet or when Steam reboots/has issues, which any experienced Total War player can easily differentiate. I really only play naval battles in Napoleon multiplayer and I know I can win 95% of the time or at least make somebody's gaming experience hellishly challenging in battle. So in the end stars and points don't really matter. But it is frustrating none-the-less... So as the topic title suggests, how do you avoid losing points from plug pullers? Thanks for any input, comments, suggestions, etc. Happy gaming!
    Only good way to avoid pull pluggers, is to play with and vs clan members. Many players play only grassyflatlands because battles on this map are often very quick and its different than other maps because if you camp on it, you lose battle. Joining a clan and playing vs other clan that have good renown ensures that no one gonna pull plugg because clan gonna lose all the respect.
  • GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    edited August 2015
    Pretty much this. Also, barely anyone plays naval battles, so you will likely beat anyone even if you have only a moderate set of skills.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • sritejareddybsritejareddyb Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited September 2015
    Sorry for speaking off topic but i downloaded the game (napoleon total war) from steam just yesterday and could find nobody online.Is any one interested in playing multiplayer ?If so plz post the times at which you can play in GMT(Greenwich time).Thanks in advance.

Also can people from Asia play with those from Europe or America ?
  • shrspeedbladeshrspeedblade Senior Member Posts: 313Registered Users
    edited September 2015
    The bulk of players in multiplayer are in Europe and are on around 1700 GMT. That probably means the middle of the night if you're in Asia, late morning if in N. America. Weekends tend to be a bit busier as well.

Yes you can play with people from around the world, but usually closer to you is better/less lag unless you both have a really good connection.
    <---- That's how I look after all the NTW I've played!