Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Failed to join game: Unspecified Error

ThroneThrone Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 21
edited April 2015 in Multiplayer
When i try to join multiplayer or coop game i get a "Failed to join game: Unspecified Error" issue.I had this same issue in Rome 2 and I'm having it in Attila as well. It is so annoying. I have very strong internet, low ping and never have any connectivity issues with any other games or programs. This seems to be something with CA only games as this only happens on Rome 2 and Attila.

Does anyone have any fixes or tweaks that can help with this please. Ide be very greatful.
Post edited by Throne on

Comments

• k1ragek1rage Senior Member Packer LandRegistered Users Posts: 529
    edited February 2015
    Perhaps the support forum would be a better place for this
  • ThroneThrone Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 21
    edited February 2015
    Oh ****, sorry. can any Moderator please move my thread to support.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Adelaide AustraliaPosts: 0
    edited February 2015
  • Xandariel#1363Xandariel#1363 Member Registered Users Posts: 160
    edited February 2015
    I can confirm this is happening to me aswell. Though I had the luck of being able to play a coop campaign with a friend, I mostly find myself unable to join most mp matches when looking for lobbies. I either dont get in at all(unspecified error) or I drop out after max 1min. Had the same issue with Rome2, just like the OP.

dxdiag, if needed, is found here.

Edit://

Forgot to mention. My internet connection is very stable and at a constant 5mbit up(I know, its not too much but thats pretty much as far as you can go atm in germany) and 100 down. Doubt its a problem with the bandwidth.
  • ThroneThrone Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 21
    edited March 2015
    bump... anyone got any info??
  • ElogicElogic Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    I have the same exact issue. And would really like this to be fixed as I really enjoy the multiplayer battles on previous total war games
  • Zoso14892Zoso14892 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Don't know if you're still having the same problem but I just had this issue today. It was working fine for us yesterday but wouldn't let me join my brothers game today. We are both in the same house connected via lan but still had the problem. Have you allowed total war through your firewall? When the pair of us opened it up through McAfee (why oh why did we bother) it worked fine. I hope this helps, if not you the next person to search.

Cheers