Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Longbeards Culture Pack next week and a chance to win Will's Helm

Matty CAMatty CA Creative AssemblyRegistered Users Posts: 595
edited March 2015 in General Discussion

Hi guys,

Sorry - we've decided to put the Longbeards Culture Pack back into the development oven for a week or so, so it and the Total War: ATTILA Update won’t be out this week.

But to lessen the blow of not getting your hands on the Langobards, the Alamans and the Burgundians quite as soon, we’re running a giveaway where you can win the very helm worn in our Total War: ATTILA - Special Edition Hunboxing. Warning: may contain traces of Will.

For more information, hit up our Twitter feed and take part!
www.twitter.com/totalwar

B-xqdcgW4AATQ2m.jpg

For the terms and conditions of the competition check out the official wiki.
Community Co-ordinator - Total War Digital Team

Total War Battles Social Media Channels
Facebook: /totalwarbattles
Twitter: @totalwarbattles

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Post edited by Matty CA on

Comments

• SjirikiSjiriki Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,370
    edited February 2015
    What.

Nice, a delay tot the promised patch a few hours before it was supposed to go life. Wtf
  • Connor DawsonConnor Dawson Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 228
    edited February 2015
    any particular reason why? or was it just needing more work?
  • CheesasaurusCheesasaurus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 524
    edited February 2015
    Will there be any changes to the patch notes with it also being delayed, or is it a bit too early for you to say?
    Rome II Campaigns
    • Completed: Rome (GC, CiG), Sparta (GC), Macedon, Iceni (GC), Suebi (GC)

Attila Campaigns
    • Completed: Franks, Sassanid Empire, Picts, Mercia (AoC), Tanukhids, Venedians, Huns, Cordoba (AoC), Suebi, Saxons, Danes (AoC)
  • madwapitimadwapiti Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 602
    edited February 2015
  • occiqocciq Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 112
    edited February 2015
    Warning: may contain traces of Will.
    Deal breaker! :P :D
    Finished Rome 2 Campaigns: none
    Finished Attila Campaigns: Military&Culture Victories with Huns @ Hard
  • reloader-1reloader-1 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 299
    edited February 2015
    I'm glad. Haven't we always complained that things are rushed out? What is better, that CA admits that something isn't ready and holds it back, or rushing a product out the door?

Imagine if they had done this for Rome II?

Quit the nerd rage, and give CA a hand here. They are doing the right thing.
  • iceniiicenii Senior Member The PhilippinesRegistered Users Posts: 1,372
    edited February 2015
    Was really looking forward to the patch, now that it's being delayed I hope more can be added to it.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
  • AkrotiriAkrotiri Senior Member Hellenic RepublicRegistered Users Posts: 873
    edited February 2015
    Yet again CA caves in and succumbs to pressure from a few people who were complaining about their "business practices". Some people are determined to ruin this game at any cost unfortunately. CA removed torches which will negatively affect siege AI and pretty soon they will make the WRE and ERE immortal in the campaign to satisfy the people who always want to fight the same 2 enemy factions over and over. These same people also want changes to recruitment so the player can still be able to recruit low-tier units even after building upgrades like in RTW2 and then consequently complain that the AI only recruits low tier units, mark my words.
    "Hence we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks"
    -Winston Churchill , after the Greek victory against fascist Italy during WW2.
    explorechios.gr
  • occiqocciq Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 112
    edited February 2015
    Fix the AI diplomacy too maybe? :o;);)
    Finished Rome 2 Campaigns: none
    Finished Attila Campaigns: Military&Culture Victories with Huns @ Hard
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynRegistered Users Posts: 11,132
    edited February 2015
    xiosisland wrote: »
    Yet again CA caves in and succumbs to pressure from a few people who were complaining about their "business practices". Some people are determined to ruin this game at any cost unfortunately. CA removed torches which will negatively affect siege AI and pretty soon they will make the WRE and ERE immortal in the campaign to satisfy the people who always want to fight the same 2 enemy factions over and over. These same people also want changes to recruitment so the player can still be able to recruit low-tier units even after building upgrades like in RTW2 and then consequently complain that the AI only recruits low tier units, mark my words.

It's still being released, you know. And the function of torches has been replaced, not removed. :rolleyes:
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • |Sith|DesertFox|Sith|DesertFox Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 458
    edited February 2015

Well who knows maybe they are adding features to the DLC factions. Hopefully they are actually doing some Multiplayer balancing with the patch.
    "Who I am is not important, my message is." ~ Darth Reven
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!! https://www.youtube.com/user/teubel98/feed
  • GRAY_HATGRAY_HAT Senior Member UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,394
    edited February 2015
    Wonder if there are adding proper siege engine animations.
    Team Wood Elves

boyfights loves wood elves.

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
  • ShinayShinay Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 279
    edited February 2015
    Thats okay as long as it works 100% when its released.
    BUT if its broken im gonna raise my pitchforks :mad: :mad:
  • SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,241
    edited February 2015
    Oh.

That's sad. :(
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • IdioManiacIdioManiac Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 330
    edited February 2015
    Balance the multiplayer !!!
    Me
    [-DF-] Skritshell: Hey whats up?
    [-DF-] Chaos: about to start a tourney game
    [-DF-] Skritshell: cool guy any good?
    [-DF-] Chaos: Should win 2-0
    [-DF-] Skritshell: and?
    [-DF-] Chaos: lost 2-0
    [-DF-] Skritshell: ahhh
    [-DF-] Skritshell: well done
    [-DF-] Chaos: ty
  • JTWJTW Senior Member The empire of DenmarkRegistered Users Posts: 361
    edited February 2015
    Well if it wasn't ready it's a good thing they're taking their time. However it seems a bit weird that they were so quick to announce this dlc, only to go "woops, seems like it's gonna need twice as much time"
    It's never too late to panic!
  • tiglathpileseriiitiglathpileseriii Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 218
    edited February 2015
    Age of Eligibility: The Promotion is open to the following:

Within the US: Individuals who are (i) twenty-one (21) years of age or older or (ii) between seventeen (17) and twenty one (21) who have the permission to enter of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Official Rules.

Within Europe: Individuals who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or (ii) between seventeen (16) and eighteen (18) who have the permission to enter of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Official Rules.

What about Canada? :(

/ good call on holding it a week. Better a delay than bugs. :cool:
  • RealWarfareRealWarfare Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,036
    edited February 2015
    reloader-1 wrote: »
    I'm glad. Haven't we always complained that things are rushed out? What is better, that CA admits that something isn't ready and holds it back, or rushing a product out the door?

Imagine if they had done this for Rome II?

Quit the nerd rage, and give CA a hand here. They are doing the right thing.

Agreed, there may be legimtimate reasons behind this. If it's in fact not finished I think it's good they're honest about it (well, sort of). But why withhold the patch?
    The best is yet to come
  • Minos2909Minos2909 Member Registered Users Posts: 54
    edited February 2015
    DLC announced on the 23rd, delayed on the 26th .... great !
  • wildmugatowildmugato Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 473
    edited February 2015
    Matty CA wrote: »

Hi guys,

Sorry - we've decided to put the Longbeards Culture Pack back into the development oven for a week or so, so it and the Total War: ATTILA Update won’t be out this week.

But to lessen the blow of not getting your hands on the Langobards, the Alamans and the Burgundians quite as soon, we’re running a giveaway where you can win the very helm worn in our Total War: ATTILA - Special Edition Hunboxing. Warning: may contain traces of Will.

What? To lessen the blow? enter a contest for a helmet?

What a week OR so?

Oh no. You have angered FLOKI.

He is not happy at this delay ! And you honor him with a helm to please him? No way!

DLC now must contain elements of your "Blood&Gore" for free for this ignorance.

This might appease FLOKI !
    ========================================== The Wild Mugato ==========================================

TOTAL WAR: Three Kingdoms / Thrones of Britannia / Warhammer 1 & 2 / Attila /
    Rome 1 & 2 / Rome - Alexander / Empire / Napoleon / Shogun 1 & 2 / Medieval 1 & 2 / Medieval Barbarians /
    All games listed have all DLC's & Packs that were offered /

====================================================================================
  • CheesasaurusCheesasaurus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 524
    edited February 2015
    But why withhold the patch?

The patch'll likely have DLC-compatibility stuff in it. Having to strip that back out again would probably take time and effort and it's probably just easier from a development standpoint to release them together.
    Rome II Campaigns
    • Completed: Rome (GC, CiG), Sparta (GC), Macedon, Iceni (GC), Suebi (GC)

Attila Campaigns
    • Completed: Franks, Sassanid Empire, Picts, Mercia (AoC), Tanukhids, Venedians, Huns, Cordoba (AoC), Suebi, Saxons, Danes (AoC)
  • HappyJackHappyJack Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 233
    edited February 2015

Easy there tiger. You got that out of CA's post?
    1 Kings 2:2
  • aradimaradim Member Registered Users Posts: 73
    edited February 2015
    CA was the patch also delayed?
  • reloader-1reloader-1 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 299
    edited February 2015
    The patch being delayed makes sense from a coding standpoint, it is probably based on the game source that is modified after the DLC, not the pre-DLC version.

It wouldn't make any sense to go in and strip out the DLC related code, and then end up redoing it a week later.
  • iceniiicenii Senior Member The PhilippinesRegistered Users Posts: 1,372
    edited February 2015
    aradim wrote: »
    CA was the patch also delayed?
    As in the OP , yes it was.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
  • Masher8559Masher8559 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 503
    edited February 2015
    Shame about the patch delay but i'd rather a working patch that fixes bugs rather than one that creates more. So if holding back another week ensures that i'm fine with it.
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    edited February 2015
    Calm your **** people do you want a glitch fest or a smooth running dlc.

The smooth part sounds better to me ;)
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • TheBraveKnightTheBraveKnight Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,659
    edited February 2015
    Will there be any further updates for the patch notes then?
    Current Top 3 Total War List

1) Thrones of Britannia - Art style, soundtrack, aging portraits, sieges, politics, and trait system!
    (Prob 3 Kingdoms after I invest more hours. Awesome awesome game!)

2) Warhammer 2 - Eye of the Vortex

3) Shogun 2

Honorable mentions - Medieval 1

• booker2121booker2121 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 622
    edited February 2015
    This is a Boomer, i care less about the DLC: I just want the patch and the amd performance improvement :)

Hope it delivers when it deliver.
  • VuorinorriVuorinorri Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,530
    edited February 2015
    I have always wanted old fashioned helmet to keep company for my Soviet Union airforce officer hat :P

i7-4770K cooled by CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo
    Inno3D GTX1060 Gaming OC 6GB
    MSI Z97-G43 Gaming
    16GB 1600Hz CL10 DDR3
    Seasonic M12II 620W Bronze 80+
    1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
    SilverStone RedLine 4B with 2x120mm and 3x140mm Spectre

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Tesoro Durandal Ultimate G1NL