Adorbs

Clan competition season length change

IanRoxCAIanRoxCA Creative AssemblyPosts: 2CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
Hi all,

As you may have noticed, we’ve changed the clan competition season length from 2 weeks to 1 week. This is in order to double the speed at which clans settle into tiers in which they are competing with clans of similar size/activity. We’ll increase this back to 2 weeks in a month or so.

We’d also like to let you all know that an update containing numerous fixes to the multiplayer is imminent. At some point in the coming days, we’ll confirm the release of this update and provide a fix list as well as a list of issues that we’re still working on for a subsequent update.

Thank you all for bearing with us through the early teething problems. I can assure you that we are all flat out at the moment addressing the issues and will continue to do so in the future.

IanRoxCA
Lead Multiplayer Designer
Post edited by IanRoxCA on
Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Comments

• daniudaniu Senior Member Posts: 2,033Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Yay, thanks!
    I hope fixes include Concede Defeat working and alt-f4/disconnect being counted correctly.
    Cannon Bune nerf would bring me back to naval battles too.
  • Axis1354Axis1354 Member Posts: 60Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    but but but i wants it naooowwwwwww!!!

In all seriousness. Thanks for shedding some light on what you guys are doing to make S2 the best game it can be. Can't wait for the patch!
  • SkurkanasSkurkanas Senior Member Posts: 533Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the heads up
    |Takeda| Nobushige
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
    Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
  • SteelWarriorSteelWarrior Senior Member Posts: 102Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the update

my GF is 2 months pregnant. if the alt f4 issue gets addressed at the very least i shall name my first born in your honor!
  • ImaloserbabyImaloserbaby Senior Member Posts: 289Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the update

my GF is 2 months pregnant. if the alt f4 issue gets addressed at the very least i shall name my first born in your honor!

ha if they have that fixed by the time your kid is born i'll name my 1st born after you, even if he/she is the opposite sex!
  • Mr Pooky BearMr Pooky Bear Member Posts: 65Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the update

You're naming your kid IanRoxCA? Oi vey...
  • Hidden GunmanHidden Gunman Moderator Posts: 4,606Moderators
    edited April 2011
    Thanks Ian. As always, it's appreciated.

HG.
    Yes, it's me.

Gungho |Takeda| Yamagato Masakage

You have spoken with clarity of thought and rhetorical flourish...you have surely earned the favour of the mods.

If you didn't, click here...
  • Ace BlazerAce Blazer Senior Member Toronto, CanadaPosts: 5,909Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Offensive post removed, and infraction given.
    My Rome 2 PC: Intel i5-4670, nVidia 760GTX, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, NZXT Vulcan mATX case
    Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions.
    Buttons the Kitten needs your help. Click here to save a kitten today.
  • badco2350badco2350 Junior Member Posts: 16Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    This is a great change in my opinion.

Just glad to finally get a shred of info from one of you CA guys.
  • DenmarkRulesDenmarkRules Senior Member Behind you :OPosts: 3,171Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Awesome! Have been waiting for this!
    I'm currently in a clan with 10 active players. We have in all the leagues we have played in conquered and easily held all regions. Only 1 of the other clans actually tried to take a few regions(without succes of course).
    So this is really good news soon to be able to play with equals.

Thanks Ian
    "The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  • Psycho VPsycho V Registered User Posts: 460Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Excellent news, thanks for the heads up Ian
    "Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, 1572 – 1631, Meditation 17)
  • sertoriosertorio Junior Member Posts: 22Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    hello Ian
    how to you go balance the clans with few players (10) and clans with many players (100)?
    thanks
    factionsig.png
  • IncubusDragonIncubusDragon Senior Member Posts: 942Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    sertorio wrote: »
    hello Ian
    how to you go balance the clans with few players (10) and clans with many players (100)?
    thanks

The clans with the monstrous number of members are expected to rise to the top tier and the smaller clans distributed into the lower tiers.
    [PORTABLE-ID]IncubusDragon[/PORTABLE-ID]
    Disorder arises from order, Cowardice arises from courage, Weakness arises from strength - Sun Tzu
    Incubus Dragon |Ronin|
    Click me for Shogun 2 Custom Maps
  • OldRakaOldRaka Member Posts: 35Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Awesome! Have been waiting for this!
    I'm currently in a clan with 10 active players. We have in all the leagues we have played in conquered and easily held all regions. Only 1 of the other clans actually tried to take a few regions(without succes of course).
    So this is really good news soon to be able to play with equals.

Thanks Ian

Are you serious???

The CLAN-cometition is waste of time. You can't beat Clans with many members, because of the lack of a ratio wins/members. Most Clans do not care about the competition. How can you avoid that Clans in the better time zone use their advantage by playing the last 3 hours before end of season? They can climb up to rank 1 or 2 and the former leading Clans, whose members are sleeping or working/go to school at this time, can't do anything against. The Clan-competition is nonsense now. Can't you see that?

YABU sama
    The path is the target!
    Der Weg ist das Ziel!
  • The Critter SpeaksThe Critter Speaks Senior Member Posts: 146Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    then you will soon meet the 200 member Tea clan,,they will be in Tier 2 next week with the majority of the map under thier grasp with 2 of us fighting for 2nd with only 3 active members...enjoy
  • General OdaGeneral Oda Senior Member Posts: 378Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    in all fairness, the war never sleeps. So you can either recruit members in other timezones or live with it :)
    OldRaka wrote: »
    Are you serious???

The CLAN-cometition is waste of time. You can't beat Clans with many members, because of the lack of a ratio wins/members. Most Clans do not care about the competition. How can you avoid that Clans in the better time zone use their advantage by playing the last 3 hours before end of season? They can climb up to rank 1 or 2 and the former leading Clans, whose members are sleeping or working/go to school at this time, can't do anything against. The Clan-competition is nonsense now. Can't you see that?

YABU sama
  • alQamaralQamar Banned Posts: 1,904Banned Users
    edited April 2011
    Dear IanRox

there is a very urgent need to balance the mp conquest map further. The easiest method would be to seperate clans of every tier in groups regarding to their number of members within in steps of 10 - so 0-10 Members Group 1 - 10-20 Group 2 - 20-30 Group 3 and so on.

See my post on current stats in tier 2 group 1.
    it is ridiculous!

there are a lot players, including me that wishes penalty for losses aswell. it is not a mind of competition to play and loose with no effect on the results.

i think it wouldnt be hard to code that a loosing battle would cause loosing same points on the regions the players stood on.
  • CoineachCoineach Senior Member Posts: 541Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    I kinda hope they don't make losses affect the clan standings. If you are just starting out you don't want to think that all your losses are a direct detriment to your clan. If you are getting all losses you are not contributing and that is bad enough in my view. When people play they play to win (even if they happen to lose a lot). If they are trying to get their legs they should be encouraged not discouraged by a dynamic that would start making the better players seriously resent the worse players in their clan.
    Wake me up when they make Empire 2 ;)
  • IncubusDragonIncubusDragon Senior Member Posts: 942Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Imagine it a bit like a stagnant pond... the dross sinks to the bottom and the scum floats to the top... in between you have all the "proper" clans.
    [PORTABLE-ID]IncubusDragon[/PORTABLE-ID]
    Disorder arises from order, Cowardice arises from courage, Weakness arises from strength - Sun Tzu
    Incubus Dragon |Ronin|
    Click me for Shogun 2 Custom Maps
  • alQamaralQamar Banned Posts: 1,904Banned Users
    edited April 2011
    however we will see what they will do next, somehow it is not reasonable to play the conquest atm and some are even loosing their interest at all. it would take perhaps 3 more seasons to get things sorted out having the "dross and the scum" settled.
  • bggeneralbggeneral Senior Member Posts: 201Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    I have question about the tier selection. As we can see from the post here, the selection criteria, which is used to combine different clans from one level/tier into groups is "similar number/activities". But this is not clear for me.
    For example, in the moment we are on Tier 5, group.... 51 I think. And our clan is 5 men with total 190 wins, 60 losses or something...
    In the same time in this group there is one clan, that is 250 people and other one, which is 35 people.
    Can somebody answer, what is the criteria for selection of groups?
  • skysky Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    As always appreciate and share

Tiffany and co is on the world top-ranking brand list