Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Horse Slayers are OP

2»

Comments

• DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    I don't know what the solution is, I just know what the result should be.

Health nerf? Less men? Tiny melee attack but larger bonus vs cav? They all seem ok theoretically but I can't say what will fix them.
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Posts: 1,481Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    I don't know what the solution is, I just know what the result should be.

Health nerf? Less men? Tiny melee attack but larger bonus vs cav? They all seem ok theoretically but I can't say what will fix them.

Well it doesn't sound like there's a strong case that they are OP. Just the position that a unit which is intended as a melee unit and a capable anti-cav unit does one of the two a little too well.

I mean its not like they are tagmata, or thracian nobles or anything like that. I don't see people bringing hordes of them in a langobard build. They are a problem for any cavalry action, sure, but it's not like they cant be countered in some meaningful way.

For a thread that has reached 4 pages, there doesn't seem like anything new can be said about them.
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brightbluejacket1
    Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Stop posting then
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • HallorranHallorran Senior Member Posts: 130Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    They arnt op, they do a job kill cav if they avoid getting charged. They die easily to Cav charges, missiles and elite infantry, they can hold their own against most medium infantry.

I don't see them as an issue at all, the current meta on flanks where they are generally used is Heavy Cava;ry and 2handed Axes which is a combo that beat heavy Cavalry and Horse slayers 9/10 times.

The main issue atm is some Heavy Cav and 2 handed Axes.

Nerfing Horse slayers takes Langobards out the MP game as a viable faction. Ive not seen any Langobard armys winning any tournys yet, its all 2handed Axe factions.
    AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon
  • PaminaPamina Senior Member Posts: 932Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    This thread is so patch 1.
    "because you know nothing of multi-player and know nothing of tactics." Hero of Freedom (Too much GoT)

I'm Panda_Warrior on steam.
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Posts: 1,481Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Hallorran wrote: »
    They arnt op, they do a job kill cav if they avoid getting charged. They die easily to Cav charges, missiles and elite infantry, they can hold their own against most medium infantry.

I don't see them as an issue at all, the current meta on flanks where they are generally used is Heavy Cava;ry and 2handed Axes which is a combo that beat heavy Cavalry and Horse slayers 9/10 times.

The main issue atm is some Heavy Cav and 2 handed Axes.

Nerfing Horse slayers takes Langobards out the MP game as a viable faction. Ive not seen any Langobard armys winning any tournys yet, its all 2handed Axe factions.

As Panda indicates above - this is an old thread and not relevant.

The final nail in the idea that HS are OP is that nobody is bringing them in MP. Nuff said.
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brightbluejacket1
    Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p