Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Rome II was so much better than Attila

2»

Comments

• BelialxvBelialxv Senior Member SteppesPosts: 1,627Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    The huns had about equal numbers in most big battles. The most famous one of the catalaunian plains the huns and their allies fielded equal numbers to the allied romans and germanics.
    I wouldn't say that making their units bigger quite fits. I think it's just a mechanical question, charge speed the same for all weights, bad turn speed overall effectiveness of archers, these are all things that hurt the huns. With some changes in that direction you would buff them significantly without giving them illogical buffs like increasing mass.
    Also i don't think that they are that bad. There are not vandals, and alans. They are more mediocre like most of the factions. The game itself has a bad balance, beginning with unit classes and the superioty of melee cav over everything.

I agree, CA need to fix turning speed and charge speed. That would do alot for the Huns.
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

LIZARDMEN #makelustriagreatagain
    Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • God_BlessGod_Bless Member Posts: 80Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Gotta say, pre Emperor edition was the most fun I've ever had in a total war game online. Its a shame that EE remade the game, into something less fun.
  • RTKMercuriusRTKMercurius Senior Member Posts: 150Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Surprises the hell out me when anyone compliments R2, though glad some people had fun with it, I suppose. It decimated the TW community, and drove off most of the players and clans of S2, most the you tubers and damaged the tournament community. Of course, others came in and filled the gaps, and more power to you. No disrespect to that, only amazement. hah.

Just any suggestion to bring back anything related to R2 sounds like a horrific mistake to me, lol. S2, maybe. BI, even better!

I want bigger maps, improved HA (with hard or soft caps), more balancing of cav to bring more cav units into the game, and more uber gen units. I could see a hero unit dlc working out alright, though kill me for recommending a dlc to CA, lol. Plus one with great risk of killing balance. but would add some dimension, if they could do it without screwing it up.
  • Pine89Pine89 Senior Member Posts: 580Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Surprises the hell out me when anyone compliments R2, though glad some people had fun with it, I suppose. It decimated the TW community, and drove off most of the players and clans of S2, most the you tubers and damaged the tournament community. Of course, others came in and filled the gaps, and more power to you. No disrespect to that, only amazement. hah.

100% agreed, but don't worry, when the next tw will be out all of a sudden everybody is gonna praise how good attila was :rolleyes:
    edited April 2015

Just any suggestion to bring back anything related to R2 sounds like a horrific mistake to me, lol. S2, maybe. BI, even better!

I want bigger maps, improved HA (with hard or soft caps), more balancing of cav to bring more cav units into the game, and more uber gen units. I could see a hero unit dlc working out alright, though kill me for recommending a dlc to CA, lol. Plus one with great risk of killing balance. but would add some dimension, if they could do it without screwing it up.

Its an april fool thread....

I totally agree about bigger maps.
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    I´m completely lost. Don´t know who is kidding or talking serious anymore.
    Because...some things beeing said here cant be serious.
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    I wouldn't say that making their units bigger quite fits. I think it's just a mechanical question, charge speed the same for all weights, bad turn speed overall effectiveness of archers, these are all things that hurt the huns. With some changes in that direction you would buff them significantly without giving them illogical buffs like increasing mass.
    Also i don't think that they are that bad. There are not vandals, and alans. They are more mediocre like most of the factions. The game itself has a bad balance, beginning with unit classes and the superioty of melee cav over everything.

I was only suggesting to make Steppe mounted tribespeoples, Steppe Lancers and Steppe Tribespeoples units 25% larger, never the whole roster.
    Better turn speed for light cav units and different charge speed for different weight classes would also be great.
    I also think they are not bad but to win with them you have to rely on tactics that don´t fit them at all.
    edited April 2015

Thats what happen when discussions start in a joke thread ;)
    i was only suggesting to make steppe mounted tribespeoples, steppe lancers and steppe tribespeoples units 25% larger, never the whole roster.
    Better turn speed for light cav units and different charge speed for different weight classes would also be great.
    i also think they are not bad but to win with them you have to rely on tactics that don´t fit them at all.

totally agree

Not about the plus 25% though.
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    edited April 2015

That's why I said go make another thread....
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Posts: 1,485Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    That's why I said go make another thread....

Why make another thread? We're all joking...right?

Ha ha.
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brightbluejacket1
    Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
  • CagataiKhanCagataiKhan Senior Member Posts: 808Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Attila havent asymmetric build . This is importatn problem. Everyone pick same build. I am bored attila in 100 hours..
  • Voyager IVoyager I Senior Member Posts: 122Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Hey now, there's a bit of a divide between the honorable e-warriors who limit themselves to 6-7 cav units and the Quick Battle Allstars with double digits.