Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Patch 3 changes

Comments

• winsunshinewinsunshine Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 820
    edited April 2015
    The impact damage is too high, it allows melee cavs to take over the role of shock cavalry. We need to make too distinct type of cavalry serve different roles.

Lower impact damage for cavalry and remove bonus damage from shock cavalry. Shock cavalry should have their base damage of sword/mace/secondary weapon.

Sword and one hand axe should have 10 bonus vs infantry, as bringing sword/axe cavalry is pretty much pointless in the current meta. In exchange, the bonus vs infantry of shield wall/attacking testudo should be removed and replaced with armor bonus to prevent sword/axe infantry from become too OP.

For archer, recurve bow should have same range with longbow, and armored archer in general need more buff. All expensive archers are currently not worth bringing.
  • LoneWolf94LoneWolf94 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 164
    edited April 2015
    Huns, WRE and Sassanids needs some love imo.
  • BelialxvBelialxv Senior Member SteppesRegistered Users Posts: 1,627
    edited April 2015
    For archer, recurve bow should have same range with longbow, and armored archer in general need more buff. All expensive archers are currently not worth bringing.

Yep :)
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

LIZARDMEN #makelustriagreatagain
    Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • AKKF32AKKF32 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    I agree on the maps. We dont want mods to do what CA should have done. We should be able to play 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 without any mods.
  • ArhuArhu Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 192
    edited April 2015
    LoneWolf94 wrote: »
    Huns, WRE and Sassanids needs some love imo.

The huns are already quite powerful in mp because the can bring 2 very different builds which require a very different counter (ie cav and horse archer or uar spam), the WRE already has some very good units, their scholae palatina can keep noble germanics busy for minutes and their infantery just doesnt die or rout either. The sassanids have very strong shock, even their cheaper shock can keep noble germanics busy for a long long time. I have been playing the franks (how could I chose another factions since I am one) but the elite dalamites are so cheap and powerful compared to anything in the frankish roster
    edited April 2015
    Arhu wrote: »
    The huns are already quite powerful in mp because the can bring 2 very different builds which require a very different counter (ie cav and horse archer or uar spam), the WRE already has some very good units, their scholae palatina can keep noble germanics busy for minutes and their infantery just doesnt die or rout either. The sassanids have very strong shock, even their cheaper shock can keep noble germanics busy for a long long time. I have been playing the franks (how could I chose another factions since I am one) but the elite dalamites are so cheap and powerful compared to anything in the frankish roster

lol... Are you serious?
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • PaminaPamina Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 934
    edited April 2015
    Wre will be good when turtle will be fixed. Sassanids have rly good skirm cav/ shock/ scouts, only their elite bows need a bit of love.
    Huns are top tier. If you buff hun, you nerf uar.

Some unit type neeed some love, : elite javelins/ elite bows/ horse archer/ 1 handed axe infantry.

Cav balance is fine now. Maybe put noble alani to 750.
    "because you know nothing of multi-player and know nothing of tactics." Hero of Freedom (Too much GoT)

I'm Panda_Warrior on steam.
    edited April 2015
    Belialxv wrote: »
    lol... Are you serious?

About wich part ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_5dP_83O7o
    "because you know nothing of multi-player and know nothing of tactics." Hero of Freedom (Too much GoT)

• obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 228
    edited April 2015
    Pamina wrote: »

Cav balance is fine except for:

1. Melee cav/camels with Swords/Axes/Maces are useless, or not worth bringing when you have other ones.
    2. All Elite cav are way too cheap. We shouldn´t be able to spam 6 to 8 of them. They should be at a price range where it is ok bringing 2 and more than that, the rest of the army would suffer too much.
    That would solve a lot of problems.
    edited April 2015
    Wre will be good when turtle will be fixed. Sassanids have rly good skirm cav/ shock/ scouts, only their elite bows need a bit of love.
    Huns are top tier. If you buff hun, you nerf uar.

Some unit type neeed some love, : elite javelins/ elite bows/ horse archer/ 1 handed axe infantry.

Nerf the Uar if you want, I want some true hunnic cavalry (ha)

Or you can fix the charge speed... CA really need to take a look into that.

About 0:43 in the video.
    Cav balance is fine except for:

1. Melee cav/camels with Swords/Axes/Maces are useless, or not worth bringing when you have other ones.
    2. All Elite cav are way too cheap. We shouldn´t be able to spam 6 to 8 of them. They should be at a price range where it is ok bringing 2 and more than that, the rest of the army would suffer too much.
    That would solve a lot of problems.

I agree. I also think that mele cav should be less deadly on the charge. The charge bonus isnt important enought on the damage done on the charge.
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • SKill3ssSKill3ss Member Registered Users Posts: 39
    edited April 2015
    Dunno what game some of you are playing, Huns are now v powerful, last thing they need is any more buffs. Maybe slight damage increase for all HA.

Quite like the idea of increased price for elite cav but I really don't see CA doing this. Same with impact damage, would probably require quite a bit of effort to fix, they have other priorities - DLC!
  • winsunshinewinsunshine Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 820
    edited April 2015
    SKill3ss wrote: »
    Dunno what game some of you are playing, Huns are now v powerful, last thing they need is any more buffs. Maybe slight damage increase for all HA.

Quite like the idea of increased price for elite cav but I really don't see CA doing this. Same with impact damage, would probably require quite a bit of effort to fix, they have other priorities - DLC!

The impact damage one would require a lot of effort indeed. Most casual single player rely on that exploit for their campaign, and strip such thing away from melee cavalry will cause a lot of whining. I saw post from guys who cannot place a proper charge claimed that cavalry is too weak in Attila.
  • ArhuArhu Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 192
    edited April 2015
    The impact damage one would require a lot of effort indeed. Most casual single player rely on that exploit for their campaign, and strip such thing away from melee cavalry will cause a lot of whining. I saw post from guys who cannot place a proper charge claimed that cavalry is too weak in Attila.

I think I was one of those people and I still think this, shock cavalry is too weak because they die on disengage even if you have charged in the rear and will die too when left in prolongued melee, unlike melee cav which does not seem to die when disengaging and will win when left
    edited April 2015
    Exept melee cav don't kill braced unit as shock cav does.

• LoneWolf94LoneWolf94 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 164
    edited April 2015
    Arhu wrote: »

Go play Huns and romans in a few quick battles then switch to anything Germanic and see the big difference I dare you.
  • SKill3ssSKill3ss Member Registered Users Posts: 39
    edited April 2015
    LoneWolf94 wrote: »
    Go play Huns and romans in a few quick battles then switch to anything Germanic and see the big difference I dare you.

I've just spent all morning playing the huns in QB and I don't see the problem. Cheap archers with elite missile damage, horse archers who will wreck skirmishers if they overextend, lancers who will wreck most cav who don't have immune to fear and Uar warriors.

They are pretty strong.
  • Sgt. JohnyMcChickenSgt. JohnyMcChicken Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 405
    edited April 2015
    SKill3ss wrote: »
    I've just spent all morning playing the huns in QB and I don't see the problem. Cheap archers with elite missile damage, horse archers who will wreck skirmishers if they overextend, lancers who will wreck most cav who don't have immune to fear and Uar warriors.

They are pretty strong.

Exactly. There are always the same people who complain about the huns and sassanids. They don't want the game to be balanced, they just want their fav faction to be the best. That's not the question here, it's about unit balance and mechanical questions. With a few tweaks with the mechanics some factions like the huns become even more powerful, so i don't see the problem with them.
  • indi01indi01 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5
    edited April 2015
    This is what I would like to see:
    -Parthian shot for more HA.
    -Nerf Germanic Archers or increase their cost.
    -Melee cav should not be able to decimate infantry on the charge, that's the role of shock cav.
    -Shock cav should take slightly less losses when disengaging, at least right after a successful charge.
    -Some cost reduction on spearmen and javelins (both foot and mounted).
    -Buff slingers in some way.
    -Increase the cost of Alani cavs slightly.
    -Give the Huns heavier melee cav but nerf the Uars (or increase their cost).
    -Give the WRE more foederati units. Decrease the cost of Elite Palatina.
    -Make the Sassanid archers worth it.
    -Fix testudos.
    -Something else I can't think of at the moment.
    edited April 2015
    Exactly. There are always the same people who complain about the huns and sassanids. They don't want the game to be balanced, they just want their fav faction to be the best. That's not the question here, it's about unit balance and mechanical questions. With a few tweaks with the mechanics some factions like the huns become even more powerful, so i don't see the problem with them.

The problem isnt if they're strong enought or not, its that they arent what they should be. Their ha should be way more powerfull and their infantry weaker.

A balanced game that only favorise one playstyle isnt enjoyable at all.
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • Sgt. JohnyMcChickenSgt. JohnyMcChicken Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 405
    edited April 2015
    The problem isnt if they're strong enought or not, its that they arent what they should be. Their ha should be way more powerfull and their infantry weaker.

A balanced game that only favorise one playstyle isnt enjoyable at all.

Archers in generell are not that good. That's why i said through some overall changes huns will improve. The better ha are definetly to expensive. I just think it's wrong to say that they suck, they are quite good if you utilize on their ingame strenghts, rather trying to make it historically accurate. I know it's silly same goes for the nordics with heavy cav spam, but what else would they do in this game with the current mechanics, cav rules the field over everything. For the time being you have to play to their strength and not your imagination. I really hope the game improves, currently it's not that good.
    edited April 2015
    Archers in generell are not that good. That's why i said through some overall changes huns will improve. The better ha are definetly to expensive. I just think it's wrong to say that they suck, they are quite good if you utilize on their ingame strenghts, rather trying to make it historically accurate. I know it's silly same goes for the nordics with heavy cav spam, but what else would they do in this game with the current mechanics, cav rules the field over everything. For the time being you have to play to their strength and not your imagination. I really hope the game improves, currently it's not that good.

I dont follow the meta, I play how I fell like. Since I like history, I like historicla build, or builds that actually make sense. Thats why I think that CA need to do ALOT of balance work. Not cause its that unbalanced, its cause the game is boring as **** and theres one fing playstyle. Copy pasting faction and make sure they can all bring the meta in a way is not how CA should balance the game.
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

Clan Moulder #masterclan
    edited April 2015
    Yeah the meta is exremly boring. I guess many can agree with that. I just wanted to point out that the huns are not weak from a meta point of view.
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKRegistered Users Posts: 1,136
    edited April 2015
    Huns are good, especially with Max 8 cav rules (or no rules like quick battle). Not unbeatable but very very strong.
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
    edited April 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    Huns are good, especially with Max 8 cav rules (or no rules like quick battle). Not unbeatable but very very strong.

They arent the Huns, just a reskinned germanic faction.
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

Clan Moulder #masterclan
    edited April 2015
    They arent the Huns, just a reskinned germanic faction.

True there, uars are an aberration, only them make huns top tier.

edited April 2015
    True there, uars are an aberration, only them make huns top tier.

We agree on something :o It doesnt happen often eheh
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • Pine89Pine89 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 580
    edited April 2015
    grivpanvar and pushtighban are very powerful, they thrash roman cav, and can beat up even the noble germanics if you get a good charge. in any case just keep some spears closeby to support to finish off the enemy cav after the initial charge damage.

please sombebody think of the taifali! :p
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 228
    edited April 2015
    This here would change so much...
    edited April 2015
    This here would change so much...

TOTALLY AGREE once more with you.

If CA would tell us that they will only do one last change to Attila, I would ask them to do that.
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • ComesTarkinComesTarkin Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 21
    edited April 2015
    1. Fix testudo for roman infantry.
    2. Give WRE something useful. Right now there's absolutely no reason for picking them in mp. Buff scholae palatinae for example.
    3. Give Clibanarii + 10 against cav. They cost 775 in mp, and lame 2 shots bow with 45 damage is a joke.
    4. 200 range on all more expensive archers.
    5. Parthian shot TO ALL MISSILE CAV. BUT also make light melee cav able to counter them.
    :cool: