Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Patch 3 changes

124»

Comments

  • MaeglinMaeglin Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited April 2015


    For me I would really like CA to adress the multiplayer Desync problems. So far had to stop 2 campaigns because of it. After this I would focus more on unit optimalization. I am quite forgiving with CA even with their latest games not being playable till half a year after it comes out but it irritates me that I see all kind of payed DLC comming out and even a new game while Attilla is by far not finished yet. The same issue was with Rome 2.


    I also think there should be a lot more optimalization. Compared to Rome 2 the turns of the AI take to long.
  • HallorranHallorran Senior Member Posts: 130Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Nerf 2handed Axe, Frenzy with some Rapid advance and +20 v infantry with incredible base stats even for the cheap ones is insane, its not a problem limited to Jutes.
    AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon
  • jonasneejonasnee Senior Member Posts: 1,737Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    i kinda like WRE but i wouldn't mind seeing them buffed.
    put your actions where your mouth is.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=TJpmII-kxuM
    Total war is best when it is kept simple and not overly complex
  • blademaster3090blademaster3090 Senior Member Posts: 402Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Hallorran wrote: »
    Nerf 2handed Axe, Frenzy with some Rapid advance and +20 v infantry with incredible base stats even for the cheap ones is insane, its not a problem limited to Jutes.

    even with the relatively terrible melee attack of hetereia, just the insane weapon damage with the extra reach allows them to do brilliantly against cavalry or infantry. some sort of nerf should be applied. i think an indirect nerf by buffing damage on skirmishers would be a good start.
    Check out my youtube channel! Mainly Rome 2 Multiplayer tactics, tutorials and replays :)
    www.youtube.com/wolftotalwar
  • CagataiKhanCagataiKhan Senior Member Posts: 808Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    People play beta game now. Maybe there are the balance after realesed all dlc. Maybe it isnt any time. Some players played 400 - 500 hours. Game Can be totally diffrent after realesed all dlcs. We saw same story in Rome 2
  • HallorranHallorran Senior Member Posts: 130Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    even with the relatively terrible melee attack of hetereia, just the insane weapon damage with the extra reach allows them to do brilliantly against cavalry or infantry. some sort of nerf should be applied. i think an indirect nerf by buffing damage on skirmishers would be a good start.

    Yes Heteraia although low melee attack compared to other 2 handed axe have huge health to make up for it and like you say huge weapon damage. I dont think missile buffs is the answer to fixing 2 handed Axe though as most good players use them on flanks generally where there tends to be less skirmishers. A minimum debuff to +10 bonus v infantry thats Uars received and maybe more.

    All of them are silly tbh, Burgundian, Hetereia, Nordic Axe, Huscarls and Royal Huscarls.

    But elite missiles and some Javelin units need looking at.
    AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon
  • winsunshinewinsunshine Senior Member Posts: 820Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Two hand axe is easy to kill with missile. But they need to fix the friendly fire ratio. Range unit should be able to shot at higher angle to reduce friendly fire, and elite archer should have some bonus in accuracy.

    I have no problem facing Burgundian and snipe them with my horse archer. My biggest issue facing the Jutes is their spam of cheap archer, that unit is too good as screening unit.
  • HallorranHallorran Senior Member Posts: 130Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Two hand axe is easy to kill with missile. But they need to fix the friendly fire ratio. Range unit should be able to shot at higher angle to reduce friendly fire, and elite archer should have some bonus in accuracy.

    I have no problem facing Burgundian and snipe them with my horse archer. My biggest issue facing the Jutes is their spam of cheap archer, that unit is too good as screening unit.

    Good players limit the amount you can shoot them and deploy them on flanks, the rate at which they kill is almost always faster than you can kill 6 of them off with archers and thats if your lucky enough to have full archers prior to the axe being involved. Which generally you wont as they'll shoot your skirmishers prior to engaging.
    Excluding missiles from the equation they are significantly better than most other infantry in the game. Especially cost ratio.
    AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    I dont think the problem is the 2 handed axes. They can be well countered by skirmishers and cav. Skirmishers kill to slow and since Elite melee cav is too cheap, you can bring a lot of them + a lot of huscarls.
    If the good cav were more expensive they wouldn´t have to be caped. A player coming huscarl heavy could face his huscarls beeing destroyed by cav since he wouldn´t have the money to bring one very good cav unit for each of them and therefore be outnumbered by the other players cavalry.
    They could have a small nerf in their melee attack since theoretically a sword or a small axe could land more hits in the same amount of time a double handed axe lands one blow.
  • PaminaPamina Senior Member Posts: 934Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    SO u want to nerf the only thing that kill 2 handed axes ? So after your patch the nordic player will spam light cav instead of heavy and you will have only light cav to kill his huskarls; brillant idea.
    "because you know nothing of multi-player and know nothing of tactics." Hero of Freedom (Too much GoT)

    I'm Panda_Warrior on steam.
  • HallorranHallorran Senior Member Posts: 130Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Pamina wrote: »
    SO u want to nerf the only thing that kill 2 handed axes ? So after your patch the nordic player will spam light cav instead of heavy and you will have only light cav to kill his huskarls; brillant idea.

    Not forgetting the extra upgrades he'll be buying for his Axes due to the cheaper Light Cav lol.

    2handed Axe's need some sort of nerf whether its to their attack or abilities or a cost increase, atm they are just too overpowered.
    AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon
  • Sgt. JohnyMcChickenSgt. JohnyMcChicken Senior Member Posts: 405Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    2h axes are to strong. Falxes have no bonus and extra weapon length, which makes them somewhat balanced. 2h axes are just far to superior.
    Plus nordic horse lord spam or royal lancers spam, basic gg. Elite cav is to cheap, 700 for a unit like n.horselords or noble alani is way to cheap. After all most elite inf is as expensive or more expensive and can by no means kill the same amount of units.
  • blademaster3090blademaster3090 Senior Member Posts: 402Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    I miss the price variation that was there in Rome 2. Unit prices ranged from 180 to 2100, cav prices, inf prices etc varied tremendously, which is another aspect that Attila lacks.
    Check out my youtube channel! Mainly Rome 2 Multiplayer tactics, tutorials and replays :)
    www.youtube.com/wolftotalwar
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Pamina wrote: »
    SO u want to nerf the only thing that kill 2 handed axes ? So after your patch the nordic player will spam light cav instead of heavy and you will have only light cav to kill his huskarls; brillant idea.

    People often focus on units that they don't like and don't think about knock on effects of changing that
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

    Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • winsunshinewinsunshine Senior Member Posts: 820Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    People often focus on units that they don't like and don't think about knock on effects of changing that

    He actually awared of the effect of nerfing cavalry, range unit should get a buff in accuracy to take over the role of killing huscarl.
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    He actually awared of the effect of nerfing cavalry, range unit should get a buff in accuracy to take over the role of killing huscarl.

    Ranged units already kill them. Problem is people bring their own skirms or place the huscarls behind cav.
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

    Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • winsunshinewinsunshine Senior Member Posts: 820Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    Ranged units already kill them. Problem is people bring their own skirms or place the huscarls behind cav.

    That is why elite archer need buff the most. The reason that make Huscarl OP is not themselves but the plague of cheap skirmisher screen them away from all threat.
    Elite skirmisher should be able to eliminate cheap skirmisher quickly, and more accuracy to effectively pick up Huscarl in the blob.
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Pamina wrote: »
    SO u want to nerf the only thing that kill 2 handed axes ? So after your patch the nordic player will spam light cav instead of heavy and you will have only light cav to kill his huskarls; brillant idea.

    Thanks. But you didn´t understand. I´ll try again
    By making heavy melee cav more expensive, they wouldn´t be caped anymore therefore one could counter a huscarl build by bringing more cav than the player with huscarls. It´s the combined force of Nordic Horse lords/Royal Lancers that is too strong not the units alone.

    "They could have a small nerf in their melee attack since theoretically a sword or a small axe could land more hits in the same amount of time a double handed axe lands one blow."

    Also i finished my post with the sentence above.
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    People often focus on units that they don't like and don't think about knock on effects of changing that

    I love heavy melee cav. In fact they are my favorite units in the game. But unlike you, i have the neutrality to not let their cheap price to affect my judgment only because im afraid the game is going to turn into Rome 2..
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    Ranged units already kill them. Problem is people bring their own skirms or place the huscarls behind cav.

    They bring their on skirmishers because heavy melee cav is so cheap that they can afford Cav + Huscarls + Skirmishers.
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    I love heavy melee cav. In fact they are my favorite units in the game. But unlike you, i have the neutrality to not let their cheap price to affect my judgment only because im afraid the game is going to turn into Rome 2..

    You can't just reprice melee cav. Tbh there needs to be a price change across the board. Rome II's pricing was quite good in general. At the moment nearly every unit is too cheap which makes it too easy to take a full stack.
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

    Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Agree with you about the pricing in Rome 2. But don´t forget that in Rome 2 you had 11700 instead of 10000 that´s almost 20% less to build an army.
    In Rome 2 you where never able to field a mix of 12 elite units in a full stack, but in Attila its the meta right now.
    Im not opposed to more price changes but you know how well CA handles massive changes all over the board. I think that the price of eite melee cav hurts the MP dynamics the most and its increase would make more units usefull, therefore it should be done first and tested.
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Agree with you about the pricing in Rome 2. But don´t forget that in Rome 2 you had 11700 instead of 10000 that´s almost 20% less to build an army.
    In Rome 2 you where never able to field a mix of 12 elite units in a full stack, but in Attila its the meta right now.
    Im not opposed to more price changes but you know how well CA handles massive changes all over the board. I think that the price of eite melee cav hurts the MP dynamics the most and its increase would make more units usefull, therefore it should be done first and tested.

    There was a big repricing in Rome II and that worked well. It doesn't matter if funds are smaller, you can still add more vareity to the pricing. Increasing melee cav price on its own will not be a great change. Increasing it and changing other prices at the same time will be better.
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

    Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Only if the changes made are the right ones and in the right amount. Thats what worries me.
    And if it doesn´t work, there were so many changes made that its hard to find the mistakes. Thats why im for step by step changes.
Sign In or Register to comment.