Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[REQUEST] Guardhouses for Eastern Rome

SaltyJohnSaltyJohn Senior MemberPosts: 147Registered Users
edited April 2015 in Community Mods
Hello,
it seems to me that it doesn't make much sense that the Eastern Romans, with their highly organised and efficient military, can't construct garrison buildings. I find defending my more isolated borders (Libya and Arabia, mostly) to be a real chore with actual armies that I have to pay out the nose for early-game, especially given that the factions on those borders tend to be rabidly expansionist and have access to some very powerful units (that apparently don't require military buildings!). If someone more capable with modding than I (i.e. anyone at all) could please create a mod to enable garrison buildings for the ERE (with the correct units, of course), or even just explain to me how to do it, that'd be just lovely.
Post edited by SaltyJohn on

Comments

• SebideeSebidee Senior Member Posts: 3,798Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited April 2015
    That's a good idea. I think I'll make this.
  • wishs2workedwishs2worked Senior Member Posts: 2,161Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Great idea!

I was surprised to find out how effective the guardhouses were in a WRE campaign, it's a shame that these aren't more prevalent for other factions in general. The little fort it gives you, and even the small # of units, can make it actually possible to defend border towns from full assaults, it's pretty cool. Do it Sebideeeee!
  • SebideeSebidee Senior Member Posts: 3,798Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited April 2015
    Make it for all factions too. A building that boosts your garrisons. Great.

Edit: DAMMIT!

I was saving my Master and Commander post ... oh well.

MASTER AND COMMANDER!!!
  • GlyceriusGlycerius Senior Member Posts: 212Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    I'm fairly sure someone did that. I think that's how my ERE uses it. I cannot find the thread though.

The file is erebuildgarrisions.pack.
  • Grizwald714Grizwald714 Member Posts: 47Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    I posted this awhile ago on the twc center here's the link to my thread that has the mod link that gives WRE guardhouses to the ERE.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?684064-(SUBMOD)-Garrision-building-chain-for-the-ERE
  • SaltyJohnSaltyJohn Senior Member Posts: 147Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Grizwald, your mod doesn't appear to work, at least not anymore. You posted that before patch 2, so you may want to update it.
    edited April 2015
    I need some more info of what the problem is. What happens when you try to use it does game crash at start screen, or does it crash when you try to start a new camapign, ect..? Are you using it with any other mods? Also do u use the unofficial mod manger or the creative assembly one. If you use the creative assembly one you should try unofficial one it's more user friendly and causes less problems when using mods. Some mods Idk why but they won't start using the creative assembly one.

It's not a mod that should need to be updated I still use it post patch 2 although as part of my personal overhaul with no problem.
  • GlyceriusGlycerius Senior Member Posts: 212Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    That mod works fine for me. I could not play the ERE otherwise. You even see the structure on the world map cities.

A person could look at the mod with the Pack File Manager and re-make it themselves to avoid some random conflict.
    edited April 2015
    I've downloaded the .pack file directly into my Attila data folder, but it's just not working. The correct filename IS 'ERE_build_Garrisons.pack', right? I don't see what would cause any conflicts; the only other mod I have installed is Radious' blood mod. The game works, but the mod doesn't.
    edited April 2015
    Yup that's the mod name.

When you say the mod doesn't work do you mean that the game loads up fine with the mod but you don't have the option to build guardhouses or whatever their called as the ERE. Did you try starting a new campaign I can't rember if it works with save games but I think it should it's been a min since I made it and tested it so I can't rember of the top of my head.

Also did you try just using the mod by it self to see if it is radious that is conflicting but I don't think that his blood mod should effect the submod in anyway since the two things have nothing to do with one another and shouldn't use any of the same tables.
    edited April 2015
    The game works fine with the mod, but there is no option to build guardhouses. I've tried it with my current ERE save and a fresh ERE campaign, both with and without Radious' blood mod installed.

Is there something I'm missing? Just chuck the .pack file in the data folder and I'm good to go, right?

EDIT: Sorry, I'm stupid. I didn't think to check whether it was activated with the mod manager yet. I had 'enable out-of-date mods' turned off. Thanks for the mod, Grizwald!
  • GuyNooshGuyNoosh Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hello,

The mod stopped working after the 2018 feb patch and i can't figure out another way to make it.
    Any ideas?

Detailed explanation here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/325610/discussions/0/1700542332324924719/

Thanks.