Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Moving from ETW to NTW any tips ?

et ducem tacticianet ducem tactician Junior MemberPosts: 2Registered Users
edited June 2015 in Napoleon: Total War
I have been playing Empire Total War on and off since it came out IN 2009 and have 450 hrs on it. Now, I have recently downloaded Napoleon Total War after realizing that despite having the PC version and now upgraded to my MAC I could play it on the MAC as well. Anyways, I was wondering what is the distinct difference between ETW and NTW as far as battle and grand strategy?
Post edited by et ducem tactician on

Comments

• EmperorOfRomeEmperorOfRome Senior Member Posts: 594Registered Users
    edited May 2015
    Hmm there is not much difference between the two, qua gameplay. But in napoleon it is more important to hold lines in battle etc.becuase your enemies are not indianss or something. They have the same manpower and gunfire as you.
    Pro gloria Imperi!
  • clayton345clayton345 Member Posts: 36Registered Users
    edited May 2015
    Getting more money per turn is harder than on Empire Total War too.
  • CollingwoodCollingwood Member Posts: 110Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    'In Peace, prepare for War. In War, prepare for more War' - Anon
  • Junin_HussarsJunin_Hussars Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    clayton345 wrote: »
    Getting more money per turn is harder than on Empire Total War too.
    Yes, it is, but once you send merchant ships to merchant zones money begin to go in, try to upgrade the magistrate in the cities, even if there are little cities, establish Comercial treaties with other countries, do the same i did when played with spain in European Campaign: I established comercial packs with neutral countries, invaded portugal, invaded gibraltar, took both, make a full army and didved in two, i conquered south france and break the alliance with Napoleon and his Allies and established comercial packs with the Coalition, i conquered little zones like: Conquer Turin-Venetia and Vienna- then i declared peace to Austria, then i reformed armies and did the same until this faction was destroyed. Good luck! I also have lots of hours to the Empire, both great games!
    According to a contemporary chronicler the Spaniards held up "six hours without losing entire foot, sixteen times attacked with fury and determination not credible, while the Germans said that the Spaniards fought like devils and not as men, standing firm like were walls. "
    A colonel of the Swedish side confirms: "We had never faced an infantryman as Spanish it not collapse, is a rock, not despair and resists patiently until he can beat you."
    Battle of Nordlingen.