Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Stop sitting on your hands!

JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 706
edited April 2015 in Multiplayer
I know Arena and Kingdoms is coming soon.

I am just wondering how many people out there would play an Avatar Campaign style multiplayer and pay for it?

Personally my preference in genre in regards to the TW series is the online battles, I know there is a silent group of like minded individuals. I am starting this thread because I know that Arena is set up for only 3 units. I don't like the concept because only 3 units doesn't do it for me.
When I lose a battle I want it to be because I was outplayed, not because I had team members that lost it for me. I want my fate to be in my hands not someone else that's all.

So rather than sitting on your hands, speaking to those individuals whom appreciate the challenge of online battles with a twenty unit minimum army. Let's make CA aware of what we want.
3 Kingdoms is a great game campaign wise. Make ranked battles in Records mode. Until that is done it won't be complete.
Gun Cav in Shogun II should have a Retainer!
Give us another Avatar Campaign!
Post edited by JacquestheApostate on

Comments

• ArhuArhu Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 192
    edited April 2015
    I think 20 units is too small, 40 units is better, it allows for more roles because dividing up a 40 unit army in 2 sometimes leads to an unbalanced army
  • JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 706
    edited April 2015
    That's what this thread is about telling our "Service provider=CA". What we want for our community.
    3 Kingdoms is a great game campaign wise. Make ranked battles in Records mode. Until that is done it won't be complete.
  • ☢Wraith of Pegasus☢Wraith of Pegasus Member Registered Users Posts: 88
    edited April 2015
    That's what this thread is about telling our "Service provider=CA". What we want for our community.

If CA makes another game like Shogun 2 with Avatar mode I rather have that over arena, but that said that is not gonna happen so no need to waste our time.
    ☢Exponential Decay☢
  • ThornFalconeyeThornFalconeye Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 70
    edited April 2015
    CA probably wont pay attention to this, but I like the planned size of 30 units per army, but I would like it to be half the current players. 5 players with 6 units each, maybe 4 with 8 or so.

I know they are going for a "you cant cover your own weaknesses" style of game, but why cant I have 3 medium infantry and 3 light infantry, and be very weak against ranged, or have 3 javelins 3 spear so I am good against heavy units but weak against a lighter mix.

Enough units so I can have strategy of my own- I haven't played the game yet, and there could be a lot of strategy, but assuming we will have every type of unit that has shown up in Attila- 3 units is not enough. Also I do not know this but everywhere I have looked- can you even pick something like 2 heavy inf+1 light javelins? Or is it 3 of the same unit?
  • JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 706
    edited April 2015
    If CA makes another game like Shogun 2 with Avatar mode I rather have that over arena, but that said that is not gonna happen so no need to waste our time.
    Let's all keep that attitude and nothing will happen.