Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Where is everybody? (Form an active players steam group?)

TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior MemberThe Highlands in me kilt.Posts: 1,485Registered Users
edited April 2015 in Multiplayer
As much as I'd like to say it aint so - it seems there has been a massive decline in people playing Multiplayer in Attila.

It's nothing technical from my end. There's just very few people playing.

I can get games on weekends without too much bother (though it can still take a few mins to find one) but during the week... well today I waited for 10 minutes in QB and nothing. There was nothing in the lobby, just an already-in-progress and passworded 3v3.

Is this just me?

Whatever the case, whether you can find games or not - the fact that this game is two months old and is already in such decline is worrying.

Anyway, I was wondering if it would be worth forming a steam group specifically for the purpose of finding active players... because at least for me - finding people to play with can be a pain.
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brightbluejacket1
Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
My Rig:
i7 8700k @ 4ghz
1 x Titan X Pascal
16GB 3000Mhz Ram
1TB SSD Drive
34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
Post edited by TheokolesOfRome on

Comments

• DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    I always have someone on my friends list I can ask for a game if I want to. You need more contacts.
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Posts: 1,485Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    You need more contacts.

Yes, that is true, but the fact that I have to do that is a bad sign don't you think?
    Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
  • ArhuArhu Senior Member Posts: 192Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Every game is the same, it is getting a bit boring. Whoever brings the best and most melee cav wins. There are also too few balanced maps where both sides start in an equal position, maps with features are often very lobsided
  • SKill3ssSKill3ss Member Posts: 39Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    QB does seem to be dead these days. It's a shame as the game is in a pretty good place I think.

Add me if you like, im on most nights. Would be good to play a fellow Scot (even if he is a choochter!) :p
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Posts: 1,485Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    SKill3ss wrote: »
    QB does seem to be dead these days. It's a shame as the game is in a pretty good place I think.

Add me if you like, im on most nights. Would be good to play a fellow Scot (even if he is a choochter!) :p

Lol, I'll do that, what's your steam name?
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
  • SKill3ssSKill3ss Member Posts: 39Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    I added you - dash_mcrunfast is my name
  • Pine89Pine89 Senior Member Posts: 580Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    I blame rome 2 :p

btw feel free to hit me up if you see me online
    edited April 2015
    Pine89 wrote: »
    I blame rome 2 :p

btw feel free to hit me up if you see me online

Yeah I know what you mean. Rome 2 has left a scar.

But it says something that even a few weeks ago I could get plenty of games - and now...

DLC was one hell of a nail in the coffin I think. Before that there was cautious optimism at least. Now everyone's turning to older titles, or well, Arena too. Plenty of games there.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
  • HannibalBarkasHannibalBarkas Senior Member Posts: 2,860Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Attila is boring. I find Rome 2 much better. But the balancing is still lacking and I've played it too much anyway. So atm I'm not playing any TW at all. Waiting for patches.
  • Ironside12Ironside12 Senior Member Posts: 6,127Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Well who really wants to play the same old repetitive thing over and over, with very little difference in rosters? Attila MP is horrid in comparison to Rome II's.
    Sjiriki wrote: »
    Balancing is a far more intricate thing than looking at who wins a 1v1 fight.

My Build:
    CPU- i7-4790k Devils Canyon @4.6Ghz
    Cooler: Corsair H110i GT
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
    PSU- Corsair 1200i 1200W
    GPU-R9 290X Sapphire Tri-X
    Boot Drive: Intel 530 series 240GB SSD
    Game Drive: Intel 730 series 480GB SSD
    Storage Drive: WD Black 2TB HDD
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Are you serious? Barbarian sword spam every game is better than a game where lots of factions are viable? Attila needs some improvement but it is better than Rome II
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • blademaster3090blademaster3090 Senior Member Posts: 402Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    Are you serious? Barbarian sword spam every game is better than a game where lots of factions are viable? Attila needs some improvement but it is better than Rome II

I think there were more tactics involved in a barb vs barb sword spam than there is in Attila. Sure it got boring, and it sure as hell wasn't fun to watch as a spectator, but it wasn't the 'click and forget' tactics of a huscarl rush or alani noble cav + elite agathyrsi that's going on now.

Was it perfect? God no, but Attila is a tiny step back I feel. That's just me though.
    Check out my youtube channel! Mainly Rome 2 Multiplayer tactics, tutorials and replays :)
    www.youtube.com/wolftotalwar
  • PaminaPamina Senior Member Posts: 934Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Attila better than rome 2 sword spam, don't blame the game if the best u can do is click and forget.
    "because you know nothing of multi-player and know nothing of tactics." Hero of Freedom (Too much GoT)

I'm Panda_Warrior on steam.
  • jonasneejonasnee Senior Member Posts: 1,737Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Pamina wrote: »
    Attila better than rome 2 sword spam, don't blame the game if the best u can do is click and forget.
    give that man a cookie.
    put your actions where your mouth is.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=TJpmII-kxuM
    Total war is best when it is kept simple and not overly complex
    edited April 2015
    It's not spam, it's a reasonably accurate representation of ancient warfare. Besides with all the cav and the insane kill rate this game is turning into an arcade game for kids. An ancient general should win this game if he could play it, not some kiddy with fast reflexes. Total war games are supposed to be about strategy and battlefield tactics.
  • blademaster3090blademaster3090 Senior Member Posts: 402Registered Users
    edited April 2015

what else do you call cav on cav charges + shock infantry support on to those flanks then? you micro a lot right before the start of the engagement and can't do anything except wait for the battle to grind out since pulling out is impossible and you take too many casualties from it.
    Check out my youtube channel! Mainly Rome 2 Multiplayer tactics, tutorials and replays :)
    www.youtube.com/wolftotalwar
    edited April 2015
    You need to stop with the ancient general thing. Total war will never be what you ask, and rome 2 ee was even less close to that.
    If you want strategy and battlefield tactics, your battle will be 2 hours with half an hour of movement to the battlefield, everything will kill ultra slowly.
    "because you know nothing of multi-player and know nothing of tactics." Hero of Freedom (Too much GoT)

• Sgt. JohnyMcChickenSgt. JohnyMcChicken Senior Member Posts: 405Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    You need to stop with the ancient general thing. Total war will never be what you ask, and rome 2 ee was even less close to that.
    If you want strategy and battlefield tactics, your battle will be 2 hours with half an hour of movement to the battlefield, everything will kill ultra slowly.

CA could atleast try to encourage somewhat representive army compositions. The game is to Cav heavy, period. it makes to many units useless. 2h axes are to strong. You don't have to make the game slower, a lot can be done by price fixing starting with elite cav.
    edited April 2015
    CA could atleast try to encourage somewhat representive army compositions. The game is to Cav heavy, period. it makes to many units useless. 2h axes are to strong. You don't have to make the game slower, a lot can be done by price fixing starting with elite cav.
    that doesn't have anything to do with his fanatic general ****, go figure we live after them so we have all their tactics available +some, an ancient general would not be able to beat a modern general even if they both used ancient equipment.

but yes balancing is not something were against, were just against him.
    edited April 2015

Well I remember Tw games where battles would last 30-60 minutes when 2 full armies clashed back in the day.... (r1 m1 and 2....)
    edited April 2015
    Arhu wrote: »
    Well I remember Tw games where battles would last 30-60 minutes when 2 full armies clashed back in the day.... (r1 m1 and 2....)
    rome 1 was the quickest game to date, units would desolve in seconds, not minutes.
    edited April 2015

Thank heaven, the MP gods are here to teach us how to play.

Attila is boring and repetitive because of

-bad balancing: The pricing in general is horrible compared to Rome 2. Also OP cavalry charges and spaghetti lines make for dull gameplay.
    -bad faction variety: Half the factions in the game have the same unit rosters. Plus the bad balancing adds to the factions all being played in the same way.
    edited April 2015
    Thank heaven, the MP gods are here to teach us how to play.

Np, btw i'm available for invocation the monday between 2-4 pm, just make illuminati pikes box in quick battle.

Now seriously, the game is in a better state than ee rome 2, you can't deny that.

• 59tiger9559tiger95 Senior Member Posts: 681Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    MP just doesn't feel fun. Its not that I think it is horribly unbalanced. I just for some reason don't take as much enjoyment playing mp in Attila
    "A man who will not die for something is not fit to live"- Martin Luther King Junior

Hey if you have the time check out my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/59tiger95
    edited April 2015
    I can and I do. The fact that the game already bores me after such a short time is telling. Seems like a lot of people feel that way: http://steamcharts.com/cmp/325610,214950#3m. And it doesn't help that there seems to be no intention of CA to support it properly. 2 patches and 3 DLCs in two months is really embarrassing. Attila turns out to be merely a cash cow.
  • SnipingAchillesSnipingAchilles Senior Member BelgiumPosts: 289Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    It's in a better state, but in a very boring state. :P
    AggonyAchilles on Steam.

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/snipingachilles
  • roman leaderroman leader Senior Member Posts: 116Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    like they said you need to talk with your friends (in steam). i asked one of my friends to play multiplayer campaign as western-eastern roman empire and he said hell yea
    the huns are coming to raze and sack roman lands. the great attila is sending his horde to destroy the eastern romans. only i can save rome and destroy attila
    edited April 2015
    It's in a better state, but in a very boring state. :P
    this is the most accurate so far.
    eec.jpg
    eec.jpg 54.2K
    edited April 2015
    jonasnee wrote: »
    this is the most accurate so far.
    eec.jpg

Then it's not a better state.
    edited April 2015
    Then it's not a better state.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSHaVH9HhfI

He's coming for you.