Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Where is everybody? (Form an active players steam group?)

124»

Comments

• SnipingAchillesSnipingAchilles Senior Member BelgiumRegistered Users Posts: 294
    edited April 2015
    Belialxv wrote: »
    Just know the game well and micro. :rolleyes:

No great strategic action there.

Hard to do in Atilla though! :)
    AggonyAchilles on Steam.

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/snipingachilles
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKRegistered Users Posts: 1,136
    edited April 2015
    You literally have to stop for 5 seconds if you don't want your units to be tired
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • SnipingAchillesSnipingAchilles Senior Member BelgiumRegistered Users Posts: 294
    edited April 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    You literally have to stop for 5 seconds if you don't want your units to be tired

That's time enough for your enemy to react accordingly, time you should't give your opponent while rushing.
    Anyhow, if the fatigue system would at least not penalise the melee stats of a unit but just speed, it would be ok for me.
    AggonyAchilles on Steam.

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/snipingachilles
  • [-TWR-] TrollyBoli[-TWR-] TrollyBoli Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 12
    edited April 2015
    I don't play all that much because i think the variety between the factions is too small
  • jonasneejonasnee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,737
    edited April 2015
    Just know the game well and micro. :rolleyes:

No great strategic action there.
    well that is quite frankly the deepest level you will hit in total war, it is an incredibly simple game when you take away army choosing.
    put your actions where your mouth is.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=TJpmII-kxuM
    Total war is best when it is kept simple and not overly complex
  • BelialxvBelialxv Senior Member SteppesRegistered Users Posts: 1,627
    edited April 2015
    Hard to do in Atilla though! :)

It's harder to enjoy it or to see some great strategy in action.
    jonasnee wrote: »
    well that is quite frankly the deepest level you will hit in total war, it is an incredibly simple game when you take away army choosing.

Not if terrain take a role, like more reach for missile and bonus to your units. A bit like Med2.
    I don't play all that much because i think the variety between the factions is too small

Wait... Theres more than 1 faction? :p
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

LIZARDMEN #makelustriagreatagain
    Clan Moulder #masterclan
    edited April 2015
    Not if terrain take a role, like more reach for missile and bonus to your units. A bit like Med2.

well terrain has the problem of usually being favorable to camper (though given that was mostly due to the incompetence in these map designs).

in rome 2 (when it was good) my favorite tournament map was actually incredibly hilly and with forest etc. the reason it was so good is because both sides got terrain and it was sparse enough to be a resource that require thought to control to once advantage. but even then you still need to choose the right targets.
  • BelialxvBelialxv Senior Member SteppesRegistered Users Posts: 1,627
    edited April 2015
    jonasnee wrote: »
    well terrain has the problem of usually being favorable to camper (though given that was mostly due to the incompetence in these map designs).

in rome 2 (when it was good) my favorite tournament map was actually incredibly hilly and with forest etc. the reason it was so good is because both sides got terrain and it was sparse enough to be a resource that require thought to control to once advantage. but even then you still need to choose the right targets.

The basic things (micro, picking target) will always be there. I just think that they should be way more than those.

Yes, hill boost to troops advantages campers if the maps are poorly planed, but it adds so much tacticely speeking.

The good thing to make rush less viable should be to make maps way bigger. Like that it would be way easier to skirmish the rushing army (without having to be stuck by the red line).
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

LIZARDMEN #makelustriagreatagain
    Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 228
    edited April 2015
    The good thing to make rush less viable should be to make maps way bigger. Like that it would be way easier to skirmish the rushing army (without having to be stuck by the red line).

Map size should at least be customizable. Three settings, the smallest beeing the one we have now.
    edited April 2015
    Mod tools will be out soon no need to complain about maps
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

• blademaster3090blademaster3090 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 402
    edited April 2015
    Mod tools will be out soon no need to complain about maps

but modz cust $$ billz y'all now m8, gabeN y u do dis
    Check out my youtube channel! Mainly Rome 2 Multiplayer tactics, tutorials and replays :)
    www.youtube.com/wolftotalwar
    edited April 2015
    but modz cust $$ billz y'all now m8, gabeN y u do dis

Hi guys buy my map pack for £6.99
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

• blademaster3090blademaster3090 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 402
    edited April 2015
    Hi guys buy my map pack for £6.99

it has plains, nemetocenna, armavir and dimmidi. much variety
    Check out my youtube channel! Mainly Rome 2 Multiplayer tactics, tutorials and replays :)
    www.youtube.com/wolftotalwar
  • PaminaPamina Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 946
    edited April 2015
    But gaben give us the steam sale, we must praise him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUo1PgKksgw
    "because you know nothing of multi-player and know nothing of tactics." Hero of Freedom (Too much GoT)

I'm Panda_Warrior on steam.
  • HannibalBarkasHannibalBarkas Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,860
    edited April 2015
    it has plains, nemetocenna, armavir and dimmidi. much variety

Nemetocenna is love, Nemetocenna is life.
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 228
    edited April 2015
    I think that the general idea of someone getting payed for his work isn´t that revolutionary and new, but the way this was thougth trough by steam really makes me wonder what kind of people run this thing.
    We already pay for sh***** dlc that add almost nothing. I would be ok about paying for a mod that took hard work, time, knowledge, and actually improves gameplay. But never in the way this was presented.
    edited April 2015
    yea i heard that some of the pay mods are just like skins etc. where as some of the deepest most game adding mods are completely free.

oh well sounds like dota 2 to some extend.