Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Blood & Burning Hotfix Today

Will CAWill CA No longer working for CARegistered Users Posts: 1,342
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
Hey all,

We’ve been listening to your thoughts on the Blood & Burning pack, so we’ve spent the last few weeks re-engineering it for greater impact (yes, that does mean buckets more claret). This hotfix is live now.

There’s a bunch of changes which we hope you’ll like, in particular the much wider range of combat animations which result in copious spillage. Blood decals now appear on all terrain types and they stick around longer, too. You can find the full list of improvements below.

Incidentally, you may notice some subtle changes to the mod manager in the ATTILA Launcher. This is because we’re preparing the ground for the release of the ATTILA Assembly Kit. It’s still in the oven but it’s nearly done, so stay tuned for imminent news!

Here’s what the Blood & Burning update includes:

• Added blood effects to over 140 more death and wounding animations.
  • With graphics settings above performance/low, decapitations are now more frequent during battles.
  • Improved blood effects in battles, made blood more visible and in some instances, spurts last longer.
  • Added 14 more decapitation/dismemberment animations in battles.
  • Blood will now spurt from the correct location when agents are killed on the Campaign map.
  • Blood will now show on top of snow.
  • Improved framerate when the camera is close to burning people on the battlefield.
  • Increased the amount of vomiting when an army is suffering from sea sickness or plague.
  • Greater frequency of gory animated event pictures.
  • Blood decals will now remain longer on units and on the ground during battles.
  • Improved blood effects from decapitation and dismemberment on the Campaign map after limbs/heads are severed.
  • Units with seasickness on transport ships will now vomit.
  • Units will no longer play two death animations in some cases when set alight by flaming arrows on the Battlefield.
  • Fixed a couple of instances where units’ weapons changed while they vomited.

Other improvements:
  • Local Network/LAN mode on Mac connectivity has been improved.
  • Zooming into the family tree while selecting a target for a political intrigue no longer lets the player select invalid targets.
  • Removed precursor weapons from Germanic Levy and Mercenary Saxon Spears.
  • Fixed a rare save game crash on Mac versions.
  • Improved shadows on the Campaign map on Mac.
  • Fixed a rare crash in the End Turn cycle during Campaigns on Mac.

-Will CA

29/04/2015 Update:
Spears will no longer cause decapitations in battle
Rally Point.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Post edited by Will CA on

Comments

• ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,405
    edited April 2015
    "..claret.." eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq8robO5eJ0

EDIT: BTW in all seriousness I eagerly await the Assembly Kit - for I have plans!!!!
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • EldraxEldrax Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 146
    edited April 2015
    woot woot , Ca is the best !!!
    CA Dogbert : "It's ok. I'll suck it off." - TW Attila Stream 2015

No wounded enemy is to be blessed with merciful passing!
    I would make example of all those who dare raise hand against the glory of Rome!

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
    RAM: 16GB Dual Channell
    Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING
    Videocard: 4096MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (MSI)
    Sound: ASUS Xonar DG
  • Lord_DGPLord_DGP Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 733
    edited April 2015
    Good to hear that you listen to the community (unlike EA/DICE with SW:Battlefront), thank you very much for the changes :)
  • SirRod1415SirRod1415 Senior Member The high coastRegistered Users Posts: 353
    edited April 2015
    Oh sweet! :D Does this fix severed limps magically attaching themselves to the body again when you zoom out?
    A club through my chest, that is how I want to go.

Mobo: Asus z97-a
    CPU: i7-4790k
    Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    RAM: 16gb 1600mhz
    SSD: Corsair Force Series 3 120gb
  • Will CAWill CA No longer working for CA Registered Users Posts: 1,342
    edited April 2015
    ranknfile wrote: »
    "..claret.." eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq8robO5eJ0

EDIT: BTW in all seriousness I eagerly await the Assembly Kit - for I have plans!!!!

Splendid!
    Rally Point.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • ImperialDaneImperialDane Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 348
    edited April 2015
    Wasn't quite the news i had been hoping for. But cool stuff for those that bought blood and burning :)
  • AkrotiriAkrotiri Senior Member Hellenic RepublicRegistered Users Posts: 873
    edited April 2015
    Nice work CA. The Blood&Bile DLC needed this fix for sure. I just wish you could be more pro-active about fixing the the acknowledged bug that prevents Colchian Nobles from being recruited by Colchis in Rome2.
    "Hence we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks"
    -Winston Churchill , after the Greek victory against fascist Italy during WW2.
    explorechios.gr
    edited April 2015
    I think you over did it guys.. A lot of animations that should not decapitate now does. Like slashing someone in the head from the top makes the head fly off. It just looks silly :(

• Lemonater47Lemonater47 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,372
    edited April 2015
    Lord DGP wrote: »
    Good to hear that you listen to the community (unlike EA/DICE with SW:Battlefront), thank you very much for the changes :)

We barely know anything about that game and it isn't released yet lol. Not exactly what you call the best comparison.
  • tak22tak22 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,386
    edited April 2015
    so . . . animations are more important than some factions not having garrisons? *sigh*
  • PezhetairosPezhetairos Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 217
    edited April 2015
    Thx for the fixes/improvements. Looking forward to the steam-workshop.
    And hopefully a persian/african culture pack at some point. *drools*
  • DeepjayDeepjay Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 318
    edited April 2015
    Just checked it out on a replay, it's 100% better. Good job guys, much appreciated!
  • RiekopoRiekopo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,254
    edited April 2015
    Very good of CA to improve the DLC like this. Keep up the good work.
  • winsunshinewinsunshine Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 820
    edited April 2015
    Are club and mace still able to decapitate?
  • shika_mechshika_mech Member Registered Users Posts: 180
    edited April 2015
    So about updating Rome 2 with all of this. When will that happen? A couple of these past updates could be useful in Rome 2!!! Dont just release modding tools and expect the community to fix the game for you. Thats not right!
  • ProfetusProfetus Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9
    edited April 2015
    No single player campaign yet? I'm rather disappointed...
  • Mr_JMr_J Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 296
    edited April 2015
    shika_mech wrote: »
    So about updating Rome 2 with all of this. When will that happen? A couple of these past updates could be useful in Rome 2!!! Dont just release modding tools and expect the community to fix the game for you. Thats not right!
    Ehm.. I'm afraid Rome2 won't have all these features. It's unique for Attila
  • WillCrossWillCross Member Registered Users Posts: 81
    edited April 2015
    I'm still waiting on Nintendo to update Mario 1 with the raccoon tail. They put it in Mario 3! I think Mario 1 would greatly benefit from it!
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynRegistered Users Posts: 11,331
    edited April 2015
    shika_mech wrote: »
    Mr. J wrote: »
    Ehm.. I'm afraid Rome2 won't have all these features. It's unique for Attila

There has been no word on further changes to Rome II. Mod tools are not released with the intention that players will "fix" anything. The extensive patching for Rome II already clearly suggests this.
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • Walking_GhostWalking_Ghost Member Registered Users Posts: 38
    edited April 2015
    Nice!

Creative assembly now? :)
  • PerkelesPerkeles Member Registered Users Posts: 46
    edited April 2015
    Great to hear, thank you CA!!!
  • booker2121booker2121 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 622
    edited April 2015
    This don´t matter if Blood FPS impact is still 7 FPS. Does it has better performance or is still the resource hog it was?
  • RadiousRadious Senior Member Czech RepublicRegistered Users Posts: 1,285
    edited April 2015
    Spears cutting heads like there is no tommorow....maybe another hotfix?
  • AraduinAraduin Member Registered Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2015
    Good to see this, but I'm worried the performance hit many of us got FROM the DLC will be made worse now with the textures sticking around longer.
  • booker2121booker2121 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 622
    edited April 2015
    Araduin wrote: »
    Good to see this, but I'm worried the performance hit many of us got FROM the DLC will be made worse now with the textures sticking around longer.

Same here, i prefer the way it was as Rome 2 that had 0 performance hit.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,975
    edited April 2015
    Will CA wrote: »

Blood decals will now remain longer on units and
    on the ground during battles.

This is what I have been waiting for.... blood on ground will stay longer... finally!

hopefully it will be ported on Rome 2 as well...
  • Assassin_RussiaAssassin_Russia Member Registered Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2015
    It seems to update screwed up. Now, with the spear can cut off the head! Should be corrected.
    edited April 2015
    jamreal18 wrote: »
    This is what I have been waiting for.... blood on ground will stay longer... finally!

hopefully it will be ported on Rome 2 as well...

That is so easy to mod, it's changing one line in one file, I got a mod for it on the twcenter! :)

edited April 2015
    Seems any attack against the head makes the head fall of! Looks waaaaay silly! :p

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,975
    edited April 2015
    SirRöd wrote: »
    That is so easy to mod, it's changing one line in one file, I got a mod for it on the twcenter! :)

I love it when CA themselves make these fixes...
    Im worried of using mods because it makes your game incompatible with other players...