Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How to beat two handed axe spam as romans?

2»

Comments

• DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    An interesting way to balance inf would be to decrease melee dammage and attack for all units. As counterpart give them better and more distinct bonuses.
    The higher the dammage and attack, the lower the bonus.

I didn´t give a great thought to the stats, its just an example at how units could be more specialized in killing specific units, making them all more usefull.
    Spears would also be more usefull in this case.

I don't get what you mean. The decreased damage will just make engagements slower and your best mates cav even better.
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    I don't get what you mean. The decreased damage will just make engagements slower and your best mates cav even better.

Yeah. Sorry. I was a bit lazy to better explain it.
    For example:

Huscarls - Lower their melee attack and dammage, more the atack than the dammage, but give them 30 or 40 bonus vs inf, depending on how much you lower the stats.
    Falx units - Lower the stats but keep the difference between attack and dammaga the way it is now, but give them 20-30 bonus vs inf and 20-10 vs cav, depending on how much you lower the stats.
    Spears - Lower the stats but give them 40 - 50 bonus vs cav, depending on how much you lower their stats.
    And so on with other inf units.

Huscarls would still be inf destroyers, but would suck against cav.
    Falx units would be very good against inf, ok vs cav.
    Spears would be massive against cav, therefore more usefull. They aready suck against inf.

I did not test this, its just a thought, but it could work.