Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

TW: Warhammer Information from CA - Updated 4 June 15

epic_159750290354zas2GHfepic_159750290354zas2GHf Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 7,179
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
The following information is posted by CA themselves on TWC and in the youtube comment section.

Reminder; Everything is subject to change (as usual). Nothing is finalized.

What details do we know about Total War: Warhammer?

LATEST:

Clarifications on the The Battle of Black Fire Pass Developer Walkthrough
Bart CA wrote: »
It's a placeholder track that we borrowed from Viking: Battle for Asgard, if you've ever played that, but hopefully you'll like the final music just as much.

As we mentioned, the action is scripted to show off the battle action. Wait till we get to live streaming gameplay, you'll get a better idea of balance/mechanics then.

**For those who remain skeptical on the soundtrack bit, Richard Beddow was the lead composer for Viking: Battle for Asgard.

CA Q/A on the Steam community. Questions answered by Joey CA.
Q) Diplomacy between certain races in warhammer barely happens. Will alliances between certain factions be prohibited because of this?

A) Total War is fundamentally a sandbox game – and this is sacrosanct to us. Accordingly, we’re loathe to place too many restrictions on the player’s ability to affect the world and forge agreements and alliances in whatever manner they choose. Having said that, there are some hard barriers (there are some alliances that you’d rightly think are just impossible, for example). We’re also heavily weighting diplomatic options and attitudes between races to reflect the IP (eg Dwarfs and Greenskins will hate each other) but, in a sandbox environment, if Dwarf players desperately want to reach a non-aggression pact with Orcs it shouldn’t necessarily be impossible – just very, very hard.
Q) will special events occur so the story will correspond with tabletop events and heroes there ?

A) Fundamentally this is still a sandbox game. The player’s story will unravel as they play through the campaign in their own way as is usual with a TW game. However, TW:WH will draw from the rich Warhammer lore and introduce more narrative and storyline than previous games in a few ways. One such example is with the new feature we call ‘quest battles’. Basically, Legendary characters (Karl Franz, Grimgor Ironhide etc) will be able to unlock quests to gain their special unique magic items and mounts through their skills trees. Unlocking these quests will involve a narrative-driven series of missions that draw heavily from the lore and that culminate in a cool set-piece bespoke battle. Of course, players don’t have to undertake and complete these quests in order to win the game. In this way, the cool stories and histories of these characters can be told without breaking the sandbox nature of a TW game.

Q) will there be special movement ways such as army teleport on the world map depending on hero ?

A) Certain armies will have unique ways to move across the map to reflect their character and race.

Q) Can you force a religion onto different factions or your own cities, like in sid meirs civ 5?
A) No.

Q) I’m a huge fan of the Total War series and I really want to know how the different factions will work on the campaign map -- will all of the races be run in the same way?

A) Each race will give you a unique campaign experience. We’ll be talking about all of them as we get closer to release.

Q) Naval combat?

A) Naval will be map based- the focus of the game is massive epic battles and fantastical terrain.

Q) Will standalone expansions integrate with the first game similarly as FotS did with Shogun2?

A) Expansions will integrate with the main game to create the biggest Total War experience ever

Q) Story based campaign (possibly in cooperation with Black Library authors) or will the game feature a more traditional TW sandbox campaign?

A) It’s a sandbox campaign interwoven with story elements and quests which will in turn develop your army and Lords and Heroes.

Q) Will there be an attachment option ? Meaning will players be able to recruit champions and attach them to a unit squad apart from generals for example an option added to unit like the way you can upgrade weapons and armor in rome 2 ?

A) No, afraid not.

PCGAMER link; http://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-warhammer-brings-heroes-and-monsters-to-battle/
“There’s a lot of work we’ve done on the animations, to make the combat seem more dynamic and responsive.” says Roxburgh. “The sheer amount of animations is huge—even down to the amount of different skeletons, 30 types as opposed to 5 or 6 in previous total war games.”
Here heroes and Lords appear as traditional Total War agents, with campaign-level powers—but attach them to an army, and they’ll appear in battle. Be careful though, while named heroes like Karl Franz only ever get injured in battle, your newly levelled-up Wizard Lord can just die.
Some traditional Total War elements—city-building, diplomacy, unit-building—will work the normal way, for the Empire at least. Other campaign elements are unique to Warhammer and unique to each faction. For example, the Greenskins will have their own system of Waaagh, which pushes them on faster when they’re fighting but penalises them heavily for peace.

Gameinformer link; http://www.gameinformer.com/games/total_war_warhammer/b/pc/archive/2015/06/04/total-war-warhammer-shows-off-its-epic-battles.aspx?utm_content=buffer47a83&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
spellcasting units can unleash extremely powerful area-of-effect attacks and other spells that can turn the tide of battle completely, like a Celestial Wizard invoking the Comet of Casandora to engulf entire armies or an Orc Shaman casting Foot of Gork smashing everything in its path. Even traditional roles like cavalry are highly differentiated, from demigryph knights to spider riders.
Watching everything unfold as a manually operated (player controlled aiming and firing) Goblin Doom Diver catapult launches an unfortunate goblin into a stack of unwary footmen is fairly awe inspiring as Total War scenarios go.

Further information from the recent articles summarized by hep here

On Naval Battles
Source - Just a bit of insight on the naval questions. Naval will be map based- the focus of the game is massive epic battles and fantastical terrain.

No Family Tree and Why
Source - Total War: WARHAMMER won’t have a family tree as it would not fit the lore or the game: your Lords do not age as such, therefore they won’t be succeeded by their offspring.
However each characters your control in Total War: WARHAMMER has an extensive RPG-like progression system. In the case of playable Lords, you will have a narrative branching quest chains, unique items, weapons, armour and plenty for customisation options.

As we mentioned before, new and existing features of Total War games cycle in and out of games’ design as they are needed and appropriate for the period and context depicted.

Multiplayer
Source -As with previous Total War titles, Total War: WARHAMMER will be primarily single player-focused, you can expect the same level of multiplayer features that ATTILA featured.

Sandbox & narrative
Source

Translated (Original: German)

"We're using the fantastisc characters as a template to work more story into the game. Nonetheless, the totalwar's sandbox-gamemechanics are sacred to us; the player tells his own story through his actions in a living world. The rich Warhammer-lore helps us to breath life into this world - more so than its otherwise possible with a historic scenario."

Playable Races
Source - In Total War: WARHAMMER you’ll have four races to choose from, Greenskins, The Empire, Dwarfs and Vampire Counts. Each race has a legendary lord character , who is the leader of a faction within your chosen race.

Characters
Source: Youtube - Each legendary character has a quest arc, unique abilities, armour, weapons and in some cases, access to mounts. Each race will play very differently from each other; to master them all will require massive variation in campaign and battle strategy. Greenskins aren’t going to behave the same way as the Empire for example, and will have access to different playstyles and features.

Variation
Source - The races in Warhammer are massively different in variation and content compared to factions we’ve depicted in our games before. Given the huge variety in creatures, characters and machines in the Warhammer world, we’ve decided to go deep rather than wide.
Source: Youtube - We’ll be putting as much unit and content variation as we can into the main game to best represent the incredibly detailed races we’ve chosen first. The game will provide just as many hundreds of hours of gameplay as any other Total War game. Probably more as the sides you choose won’t be as similar to each other, so you’ll experience far greater variation in campaigns than before.
Source - To compare, ATTILA has 6 model skeletons underlying all the units used in the game (human, horse, elephant, dog,etc). In Total War: WARHAMMER, there’s 24 in the first game alone, each representing a different creature or machine type.

End Times or not?
Source - It's not set during the End Times, Total War: Warhammer will take place before.

Development time
Source: Youtube - Total War: Warhammer has been in development for a number of years already.

Future Content
Source: Youtube - We’re planning full game follow-ups, DLC content packs and Free-LC to follow the main release.
These will include new playable Lords, units, races and more. We’ll talk about these in time, but for now, our focus is on crafting a deep, rich and content-heavy main game.
Source - Future instalments of the trilogy will expand the world-map, bringing unique new terrain and introducing new playable Lords and their races. We’re planning these to be massive standalone follow-ups to the main game (like ATTILA to ROME II). You’ll be able to get just these and play them on their own if you like or, if you have the main game too, you’ll eventually be able to play across an expanded campaign map that includes all available areas of the Old World.

On Blood & Gore
Source - As with previous Total War titles, the age rating of the game is planned to be 16+ PEGI or Teen rated. We’ve no interest in making a mature-only title and excluding fans who don’t make it into that age category.

We haven’t announced a Blood Pack-style DLC, but if we do, we will let you know via the forums and Facebook.

Modding
-As this isn’t just a CA game, regretfully there are no plans to support modding for Total War: Warhammer. An Assembly Kit is will be available very shortly for Total War: ATTILA however, and we will continue to support modding for that title and plan to for future historical Total Wars.

On Beta/Early Access
Source -We’ve no plans to make an open beta available before launch.

Historical Total War games
Source - Total War was built on a tradition of historical eras, and we’ll continue to do exactly that. Total War: Warhammer is being developed in parallel with our historical titles by a dedicated team.
We have no plans to abandon ATTILA. I'm sorry I can't say much, but Total War: ATTILA is far from done.

Comments Section, TWC and confirmation

My overall thoughts;

I think the 4 races on release is in fact a good thing. Unlike most factions in previous Total War games, the races are drastically different. I'd rather want them to fully develop all 4 playable races instead of releasing 12 unfinished playable races at once. This reminds me a lot of Dawn of War's approach, which also started with 4 fully developed races on launch.

This is pretty much a full quality > quantity approach.

I am also very hyped about the possiblility of asymmetrical warfare. It's no longer going to be cavalry focussed factions or spear focussed factions. This is going to very interesting to see how the difference between races will be translated in game play elements such as battle tactics and faction management.

Modding wise I am dissapointed, but I imagine there's a lot of influence from Games Workshop here which led to the decision. If it was solely up to CA, I am sure modding support would've gotten the same attention as the modding tools for the historical TW games.

It is important to remember that without modding support, there's a large chance the game can still be modded. We'll just have to mod without any official tools.

So, what are your thoughts?
Grudge's Mods
Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
Post edited by epic_159750290354zas2GHf on

Comments

• Galvanized IronGalvanized Iron Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,058
    edited April 2015
    Vampire ****s!
    |Sith|Lord|Galvanized Iron
  • ShigawireShigawire Senior Member Norway, BrønnøysundRegistered Users Posts: 4,064
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for this Grudge. Hopefully you will be able to update it as we learn more. :)
    GrudgeNL wrote: »
    My overall thoughts;

I think the 4 races on release is in fact a good thing. Unlike most factions in previous Total War games, the races aredrastically different. I'd rather want them to fully developer all 4 playable races instead of releasing 12 unfinished playable races at once. This reminds me a lot of Dawn of War's approach, which also started with 4 fully developed races to start with.

This is pretty much a full quality > quantity approach.

Modding wise I am dissapointed, but I imagine there's a lot of influence from Games Workshop here which led to the decision. If it was solely up to CA, I am sure modding support would've gotten the same attention as it has for their historical TW games.

It is important to remember that without modding support, there's a large chance the game can still be modded. We'll just have to mod without any official tools.

So, what are yours?

Agreed. I think we shouldn't limit ourselves to thinking that "more is better" all the time. In this instance, they appear to be taking on the concept of assymetrical game design and balancing, which we see in Starcraft. This is much more difficult to do, and the differences between the factions will render as "more interesting" than the micro-differences we see between any two line infantry units in Empire: TW for example. Plus, I get the impression that the game will not just be about the 4 races, but also your leader character and his/her skill tree. I imagine this will lead to a lot of differentiated experiences.

Disappointed about the modding support, but that is not up to CA alone. That's most likely down to GW in this instance.
    I am still happy that CA is continuing mod support for TWA, and future historic TW titles.
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynRegistered Users Posts: 11,328
    edited April 2015
    Yes, thank you Grudge. :)

With regards to Real Time Strategy games, I would say that more is better, generally. However, we are being granted more, later. I'm quite optimistic with regards to the initial factions, too.
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • epic_159750290354zas2GHfepic_159750290354zas2GHf Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,179
    edited April 2015
    Yes, thank you Grudge. :)

With regards to Real Time Strategy games, I would say that more is better, generally. However, we are being granted more, later. I'm quite optimistic with regards to the initial factions, too.

While I agree more is better, time and budget usually results in more being 'more of the same'. I have a feeling this approach will result in an amazing detail rich game. And indeed, we're granted more later, through FLC, DLC and the two expansions.

Shigawire wrote: »
    Thanks for this Grudge. Hopefully you will be able to update it as we learn more. :)

Deffinitely!
    Grudge's Mods
  • OrkfaellerOrkfaeller Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,329
    edited April 2015
    "To compare, ATTILA has 6 model skeletons underlying all the units used in the game (human, horse, elephant, dog,etc). In Total War: WARHAMMER, there’s 24 in the first game alone, each representing a different creature or machine type."

Well, lets start the speculating, I guess.

What have we seen so far?

Humans, Orcs, Goblins, Dwarves

Griffons, horses, boars, spiders, giants, dragons, wyverns, a greater Demon ?

If flyers are exclusively airborn, wyverns and dragons might use the same skeleton.
  • Galvanized IronGalvanized Iron Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,058
    edited April 2015
    Pretty sure orkz come in different sizes as well ranging from regular boyz to nobz and then warchiefs.
    |Sith|Lord|Galvanized Iron
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,132
    edited April 2015
    Orkfaeller wrote: »
    "To compare, ATTILA has 6 model skeletons underlying all the units used in the game (human, horse, elephant, dog,etc). In Total War: WARHAMMER, there’s 24 in the first game alone, each representing a different creature or machine type."

If flyers are exclusively airborn, wyverns and dragons might use the same skeleton.

Very interesting questions... your list includes 12. I assume that Troll and a couple of different minor daemons will in it as well. Perhaps Orges. Which still would leave about 5-7 spot open we don't know yet.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • VuorinorriVuorinorri Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,531
    edited April 2015
    SiWI wrote: »
    Very interesting questions... your list includes 12. I assume that Troll and a couple of different minor daemons will in it as well. Perhaps Orges. Which still would leave about 5-7 spot open we don't know yet.
    goblins use wolves as mount,so there is 1 nearly 100% sure :P

i7-4770K cooled by CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo
    Inno3D GTX1060 Gaming OC 6GB
    MSI Z97-G43 Gaming
    16GB 1600Hz CL10 DDR3
    Seasonic M12II 620W Bronze 80+
    1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
    SilverStone RedLine 4B with 2x120mm and 3x140mm Spectre

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Tesoro Durandal Ultimate G1NL

• WeezheatWeezheat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 161
    edited April 2015
    - Future instalments of the trilogy will expand the world-map, bringing unique new terrain and introducing new playable Lords and their races. We’re planning these to be massive standalone follow-ups to the main game (like ATTILA to ROME II). You’ll be able to get just these and play them on their own if you like or, if you have the main game too, you’ll eventually be able to play across an expanded campaign map that includes all available areas of the Old World.

This is huge. One day, you'll have the entire Old World in a Total War game.

I'm doomed now to buy every DLC and expansion.

Now to upgrade my PC after release date is announced...
    edited April 2015
    Pretty sure orkz come in different sizes as well ranging from regular boyz to nobz and then warchiefs.

My first though was aswell, "maybe Warbosses are going to have their own skeleton, they are pretty big afterall. The one in the trailer was."

But TW-engine-3 allows for model scaling, and I asume its much easier to just scale Orc Nobs / Bosses up a notch, instead of making them use an all new skeleton.

hqdefault.jpg
  • GRAY_HATGRAY_HAT Senior Member UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,394
    edited April 2015

Will some of the machines be malleable enough to require skeletons (Gyrocopter maybe)

And do skeletons need their own skeleton
    Team Wood Elves

boyfights loves wood elves.

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I too wondered if the undead are going to use human skeletons, or if they are going to use their own set of animations.

Zombies propably would need their own.
  • IndalusIndalus Member Registered Users Posts: 188
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I too wondered if the undead are going to use human skeletons, or if they are going to use their own set of animations.

Zombies propably would need their own.

They could use human skeletons but a different set of animations. Unless I'm interpreting it wrongly, skeletons are like the base structure models are rigged to, from these skeletons different animations such as walk, run, attack can be made.

So a zombie can well use the same skeleton rig as a human, just with different animations. A lizardman, however, might require a different skeleton as a "bone" would need to be added for the tail.
    edited April 2015
    Oh yeah sure, they could use the same base skeleton, but with different lets say, walking and fighting animations, but keep the rest to reduce work, maybe.
  • Aurelian777Aurelian777 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,688
    edited April 2015
    I like the way they are handling it, i once suggested that they should split Medieval 3 into 3 games. So they had more time and focus on a more detailed map and factions. Like splitting 1 game for Western Europe, 1 for Eastern Europe and 1 for Africa and Middle East.

This seems kind of what they are doing, 1 game for Empire, Vampire Counts, Orc's and Dwarfs and i guess the main warhammer old world. Then 1 game for High Elves, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Chaos. Which would perhaps also add the middle and northern part of the map. And then 1 game for Lizardmen, Bretonnia, Skaven and Toomb Kings. Which would add the southern part of the old and new world.
  • OxuOxu Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 651
    edited April 2015
    Sounds sooolo awesome! Just bit dissapointed about modding,would have been great platform for Lord of the rings mod.
  • zerathulezerathule Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited April 2015
    My speculation is that they'll add Chaos to the first title, as what would be a Warhammer game without Chaos ...
    (and havent they mentioned there would be a 5th mystery faction ?)
    Anyway, they'll have in total 3 titles.
    So they will have one with britonia, athel lauren (wood elves), and include Skavens, they'll definately add Skavens so i think it would make sense with Britonia.
    Then they'll add Ulthuan (high elves) the new world with Dark elves and Lizardmen.

I can see them have Tzeech Chaos with the first game, then with the britonia part they'll add Nurgle and finaly Khorne with the elves/lizards ...

I could see some DLC with Kislev, Norsca, Beastmen, Tilea, Night Goblins, Ostland, Tomb Kings, Albion, Ogres, and who knows, maybe Chaos Dwarves !!!

I'm pretty sure we'll never see Slaneesh army, due to mature content ...

I have a hard time figuring out how they'll deal with minor factions (if any ?) and neutrals ... And so i have a hard time figuring out a campaign with 5 factions from the headstart with no minor to feed on ...
    Maybe Ostland and Kislev could be unplayable factions, and would be added as DLC later on ?
  • totalromefantotalromefan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 529
    edited April 2015
    if you have the main game too, you’ll eventually be able to play across an expanded campaign map that includes all available areas of the Old World.

really happy about this, kinda the only thing I was worried about
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,674
    edited April 2015
    Trying to steal Mackles' job, eh, Grudge? :D

Lots of good information!
    Don't worry.
  • epic_159750290354zas2GHfepic_159750290354zas2GHf Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,179
    edited April 2015
    Setrus wrote: »
    Trying to steal Mackles' job, eh, Grudge? :D

Lots of good information!

Haha, I tried :p Just kidding.

Mackles got the information thread up and linked to my thread as well :D
    Grudge's Mods
  • NorsaNorsa Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 997
    edited April 2015
    Good initiative with this thread! =)

As for my thoughts im a positive regarding the playable races. Make them really good and deep instead of spammin shallow factions.
    I would gladly support via buying dlc if new factions were included later (if they are good that is)

Modding is unfortunate but as stated above, people will find ways to mod it anyway.

Otherwise i am really looking forward to this, and if they screw this up like they did Rome, i will personally unleash the undead hordes on ca :p
    (Or just send 1vampire lord, should do the trick) ;)
    2%
  • MacklesMackles Senior Member UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,465
    edited April 2015
    Grudge can be my own unpaid, macro-managed, highly combustible intern.

Don't forget to add the testing info too! Will probably crop up more than once with Warhammer folks fresh to TW dropping by!
    Will CA wrote: »
    We’ve no plans to make an open beta available before launch.

-Will CA
    "Conquer, Punish, Enslave" - Words for the would-be Imperialists to live by!

Somewhere on that hill, its gonna get bloody contradictory between us and them real fast. - Anon
  • IdioManiacIdioManiac Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 330
    edited April 2015
    no elves :'(
    Me
    [-DF-] Skritshell: Hey whats up?
    [-DF-] Chaos: about to start a tourney game
    [-DF-] Skritshell: cool guy any good?
    [-DF-] Chaos: Should win 2-0
    [-DF-] Skritshell: and?
    [-DF-] Chaos: lost 2-0
    [-DF-] Skritshell: ahhh
    [-DF-] Skritshell: well done
    [-DF-] Chaos: ty
  • wraithzswraithzs Member Registered Users Posts: 65
    edited April 2015
    IdioManiac wrote: »
    no elves :'(

Since they are focusing on Variety when they get to the elves think of the fun you will have maybe all the dragons :D
    edited April 2015
    Mackles wrote: »
    Grudge can be my own unpaid, macro-managed, highly combustible intern.

Heck yes!
    Mackles wrote: »
    Don't forget to add the testing info too! Will probably crop up more than once with Warhammer folks fresh to TW dropping by!

Thanks! Added to the OP.
    Grudge's Mods
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,693
    edited April 2015
    Oh wow, the information on how the stand alone games will be released is huge.

So I imagine the first game will focus on the Empire and around, with outside threats from the north as was seen in Medieval 2 with Mongolian Hordes entering the map.

Then I'm guessing there will be one taking place west with Dark Elves, High Elves, Lizards (And maybe Skavens, as I think the pest clans often fight lizards?).

Then I'm assuming a last one making Chaos playable, adding skavens if it wasn't already done, wood elves and maybe Kemhri (I know nothing of their lore and location.).

Then when you have them all, the wall between these maps is removed and you can play on the full Old World.

PS: I imagine it's also possible that a race such as the skavens be added as a one faction DLC to the main game, since as far as I know, they usually fight dwarves and humans?
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
  • leafs43leafs43 Member Registered Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2015
    4 races = lol

What we expected:

001mapthumbnail.png

What we are getting:

wLYwYXO.png

Sorry fellas, but 4 races means no purchase.

Literally went from day 1 pre-order to not even buying.
  • AUTigerGradAUTigerGrad Member Registered Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2015
    No Skaven upon release??? BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

SkavenWallpaper_1680-1024x5211-180x180.jpg

No Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Chaos, Skaven, High Elves, Lizardmen, etc....

So for only what....75 more dollars after having to buy the rest of the races in DLC content...we can have the true warhammer universe available to us???
  • leafs43leafs43 Member Registered Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2015
    No Skaven upon release??? BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

SkavenWallpaper_1680-1024x5211-180x180.jpg

No Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Chaos, Skaven, High Elves, Lizardmen, etc....

So for only what....75 more dollars after having to buy the rest of the races in DLC content...we can have the true warhammer universe available to us???

Yea, I don't think these guys get it.

It must just not compute. Going to get DLC'ed to death. May as well wait 3 more years and just buy the game when its complete.
  • FrontlinerDeltaFrontlinerDelta Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,549
    edited April 2015
    GrudgeNL wrote: »
    While I agree more is better, time and budget usually results in more being 'more of the same'. I have a feeling this approach will result in an amazing detail rich game. And indeed, we're granted more later, through FLC, DLC and the two expansions.

Deffinitely!

Thanks for the excellent summary!

And I agree, I want them to take their time with each race and fully detail them out according to Warhammer lore and truly get the uniqueness of each faction down.

So I'm fine with only 4 factions if they are done as well I'm hoping (each faction leader get their own quest arc, unique mechanics, unique fighting styles) and they plan to add more as DLC/expansions.

I don't know about anyone else but I'd be totally willing to pay around $10 (about as much for 3 copy/paste factions in Rome 2) for a single, well done, fleshed out, Warhammer race. Skaven, lizardmen, elves, etc.