Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

.......A Real Slap In the Face

thewhiteindianthewhiteindian Senior MemberPosts: 418Registered Users
edited April 2015 in The Graveyard
Everything - all the negative criticism of Total War over the past 2 years, the trolling, the bashing of the Warscapes engine, the bashing of TW design flaws, all of it is now sharply and concurrently clear tp be true, Underlined by the "slap in the face" that is the deviation from History/Historicity. Total War has simply been hijacked and in attempt to broaden the fan base have created a game that will only be bought by people with a waist size +40 and people wearing glasses, with severe acne. First Rome II, SPQR, Rome Total War II was flipped from being one of the most immersive titles ever to being called Total War Rome II and built to be played with one-finger and iPhone. Whats really gutting though is that with everything that was metacriticed into oblivion to create the "the Creative Assembly Line" ,CA decided to walk away, for tho moment, from HISTORY for something a cult following that still lives at home in the basement . No the couldn't create endless saga's from the pages of history books, they decide to cash in on free-to-play-, mobile-games and WARHAMMER. cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Post edited by thewhiteindian on

Comments

• thewhiteindianthewhiteindian Senior Member Posts: 418Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    CA decide they'd go into prostitution with the slobs who like WARHAMMER
    edited April 2015
    Maybe we can sign WB and made the Third Age offical!!!! thats their hopes
  • greygriffingreygriffin Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Meanwhile, on the other side of the fence, players of a beloved IP that has been bruised, abused, and kicked while it's down are elated to have a team who is dedicated to deep, strategic gameplay; high fidelity presentation; and setting immersion at work building them a game they'll love.

Just because you don't like orcs and daemons doesn't mean a good game can't come out of it. Relax.
  • Ironside12Ironside12 Senior Member Posts: 6,127Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    It's three games that aren't historic. Whilst we still have other historical TW games being made alongside them.

Calm your ****.
    Soothe your *****
    De-stress your breasts

EDIT: Really? Words for breasts are filtered here? Did CA get a 5 year old to work on this filter :rolleyes:
    Sjiriki wrote: »
    Balancing is a far more intricate thing than looking at who wins a 1v1 fight.

My Build:
    CPU- i7-4790k Devils Canyon @4.6Ghz
    Cooler: Corsair H110i GT
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
    PSU- Corsair 1200i 1200W
    GPU-R9 290X Sapphire Tri-X
    Boot Drive: Intel 530 series 240GB SSD
    Game Drive: Intel 730 series 480GB SSD
    Storage Drive: WD Black 2TB HDD
    edited April 2015
    I think High Fantasy is about the most *****footed genre you can imagine. I'm sure there are worse genres of Magna tho
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 18,452Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    :rolleyes:
    You know that guy that's dressed in nothing but a plaque saying the end is nigh?
    Don't be that guy.
    Don't worry.
    edited April 2015
    High-Fantasy is for people who identify with dwarves
  • Mathusala0Mathusala0 Junior Member Posts: 112Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    obvious troll be trollin yall
    "Yes-yes Warlord Krizk - for a treaty-pledge of just 200 Slaves, 12 claws of warptokens, a Breeder and certain alliances and pledges, one of our very-very finest Clan Moulder Rat Ogres can be yours..."
    edited April 2015
    Setrus wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    You know that guy that's dressed in nothing but a plaque saying the end is nigh?
    Don't be that guy.

the end is nigh - look at culture today!!!!! everything is just recycled and watered downed. People are getting dumber and breeding. I have to sit and think about this for awhile because this is indicative of a lack of innovation anf major flaw in capitalism that prevents advancements that are unmarketable and a generation of smartphone controlled, peons. The average person who buys this games has sex less then once a week, i will put it that way
  • JohnnyCasualJohnnyCasual Junior Member Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Reading the forums here im a bit confused, people who are disappointed with Warhammer because they dont like fantasy, would rather play a LOTR TW
    which is also high fantasy?
  • Ironside12Ironside12 Senior Member Posts: 6,127Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Reading the forums here im a bit confused, people who are disappointed with Warhammer because they dont like fantasy, would rather play a LOTR TW
    which is also high fantasy?

I can't think of one person who has said they'd hate a fantasy TW game but would enjoy playing a LOTR one..
    Sjiriki wrote: »
    Balancing is a far more intricate thing than looking at who wins a 1v1 fight.

My Build:
    CPU- i7-4790k Devils Canyon @4.6Ghz
    Cooler: Corsair H110i GT
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
    PSU- Corsair 1200i 1200W
    GPU-R9 290X Sapphire Tri-X
    Boot Drive: Intel 530 series 240GB SSD
    Game Drive: Intel 730 series 480GB SSD
    Storage Drive: WD Black 2TB HDD
    edited April 2015
    I am gigantic Elder Scrolls fan. When I first played Morrowind I said to myself "ive been waiting my whole life for this game." It's this type of Fantasy that goes hand in hand with D&D and WoW that has "I want nothing to do with reality" that smacks in the face of a Genre-Niche built on the back of being one of the only games with the historicity banner. Warhammer's unorthodxy is prostitution fishing out big partnership deals, after all the wasted time making Rome II playable after the creation a formula to make new titles quick and cash out instead of spending "years" to make. its all concurrent with a theme most prevalent in the entertainment industry. look at the best selliing auothers GRR MARTIN a hollywood hakc writer (TVshow) (50 shades of grey) romantic novel (****o) with a movie. When the floor falls out of your favorite sunday driver you'll be tickedtoo
  • peugeot407peugeot407 Senior Member GueldersPosts: 1,362Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    I am gigantic Elder Scrolls fan. When I first played Morrowind I said to myself "ive been waiting my whole life for this game." It's this type of Fantasy that goes hand in hand with D&D and WoW that has "I want nothing to do with reality" that smacks in the face of a Genre-Niche built on the back of being one of the only games with the historicity banner.
    Total War has simply been hijacked and in attempt to broaden the fan base have created a game that will only be bought by people with a waist size +40 and people wearing glasses, with severe acne.

Now, I could go and tell you to read any of CA's comments on the matter, but maybe it would be more efficient if I talked to you in a different way. Just to generalise in the same way as you do for a minute, I'm going to assume that you are the kind of person who likes all-caps. As such:

TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER IS BEING DEVELOPED BY AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT DEPARTMENT OF CA AND ITS DEVELOPMENT WILL NOT INTERFERE WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF HISTORY-BASED TOTAL WAR TITLES, WHICH ARE, TO REITERATE, MADE BY A DIFFERENT DEPARTMENT OF CA THAN THE ONE WORKING ON WARHAMMER.

I hope that got the message across...
    Team Anything That Isn't (Western) Rome
    I wish I could give you my regions...
  • GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Can the moderators close this thread? This guy is just belching out inflammatory comments and is actually making quite genuinely discriminating and hurtful remarks (which have no grain of truth) to people that play Warhammer and the like. He also has no idea at all on what he's talking about...
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • vitruviansquidvitruviansquid Senior Member Posts: 580Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    You ever seen someone get so mad they sort of forget exactly what they were being mad about? And they either get completely incoherent or start ranting against literally everything?
    edited April 2015
    I have no idea what im talking about becauuse I have no idea about Warhammer....?
    edited April 2015
    bruh your the one is mad, sorry i got you in the digs
    edited April 2015
    this is an open forum and it's my opinion that the majority of people who like high-fantasy are also closet homosexuals and bisexuals
  • GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    You ever seen someone get so mad they sort of forget exactly what they were being mad about? And they either get completely incoherent or start ranting against literally everything?

I've seen it now..;)
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
This discussion has been closed.