Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Possibility of Lizardmen in Future Expansion?

KomradKthuluKomradKthulu Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 26
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
3bff5cfba2e66dc3bdd24861bc5098a4.jpg

Jurassic Park. That's right, JURASSIC. ******G. PARK. An absolutely fantastic faction in the fantasy series, I've longed for some time to get into the tabletop game and may very well soon using these buggers as my beginner's army. I'd love to see this guys in a future expansion. They are wonderful. Not only are they dinosaurs but they are also Aztecs. AZTEC. DINOSAURS. What's not to like? Is there a likelihood of Naggaroth/Lustria being a future expansion? If that's the case, CA would have to be committing a mortal sin not to include folks that are capable of building this in the game:

latest?cb=20130912180644
Post edited by KomradKthulu on

Comments

• Anubis259Anubis259 Senior Member AyrRegistered Users Posts: 399
    edited April 2015
    Id love to see them in game, but I also think their the least likly of all the major races to be included. Especially since CA commented saying that by the end of the trilogy, there will be a campaign encompasing the entire 'old world' which lustria isn't a part of.
    MOB: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER
    CPU: Intel I5 4690K @ 4.5ghz
    GPU: Asus R9 290 DirectCU II OC
    RAM: Ripjaws X 1600mhz 8gb
    PSU: EVGA Supernova 850W
    OSY: Windows 10 64bit
  • FuujinrokuFuujinroku Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 230
    edited April 2015
    Lost it at reading "JURASSIC. ******G. PARK." while looking at a picture of a bunch of little blue dinosaurs riding a giant dinosaur.

+1 Please put this in the game.
    The Guard dies, it does not surrender!
  • RoknarRoknar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 109
    edited April 2015
    i'd also love to see the lizardmen in the game of course :) they are one of my favourite factions besides the skavens and the tomb kings.

lets also hope they add most of all the races (3 single but in the end connected installments make me wish they will do this) and CA fleshes out their rosters very well to be unique (not like with attila where they basically have a basic roster for germanics f.e. and just add some flavour units for every faction...not a big fan of that).

just imagine an empire represented by several independent states and different units and the greenskins by seperate tribes with unique units etc.

the possibilities are endless...i just doubt they will and can add such complexity :(
    Rome II Legendary/VH Campaigns:
    Completed: Sparta, Parthia, Carthage, Avernii, Roxolani, Epirus (GC), Nervii (CiG), Rome (HatG) , Corinth (WoS), Armenia (IA)

Attila Campaigns:
    Completed: Visigoths H
    In Progress: Burgundians VH, Vandals VH...great campaigns but too arcadish battles :/
  • FenrirAlfaFenrirAlfa Member Registered Users Posts: 62
    edited April 2015
    First, sorry for my bad english. ( Its not my mother language)

I realy like to see the Lizardmens in this game. The whole army is realy unique, and cool. They have extremely good melee fighters, but weak ranged units, and a so-so cavalary. They were the species that require aggressive melee tactics.

If I remember correctly, there is a Lizardmen settlement in the old world. There is a good starting point for them.

I hope this race is going to be a major race , and will be included in one of the expansions.
  • Yi Song-GyeYi Song-Gye Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 626
    edited April 2015
    Lizardmen are one of my favourite factions besides the DE/HE.

If the map is compareable to the map of Empire, Lizardmen then could be introduced at any point.
  • OrkfaellerOrkfaeller Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,329
    edited April 2015
    Look at them. They are dinosaurs riding dinosaurs. They make my inner nine-year-old squee in delight.

latest?cb=20140710151036
    Lizardmen-Warhammer-Fantasy-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-1694012.jpeg

Also, did you know the Lizardmen were the ones who invented Blood Bowl?

bloodbowl-lizardman.jpg
  • KomradKthuluKomradKthulu Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 26
    edited April 2015
    If it's only the "Old World" then would they not be leaving out the high and dark elves in addition to the Lizardmen? CA can't possibly do that with a good conscience, can they?
  • hephep Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 403
    edited April 2015
    If it's only the "Old World" then would they not be leaving out the high and dark elves in addition to the Lizardmen? CA can't possibly do that with a good conscience, can they?

They couldn't leave them out, they would have to find a reason for the elves and lizardmen to be present in the old world. Dark elf black ark, high elf expedition, lizardmen southlands colony etc.

It's a shame if it is old world only. Could be a really good game set in the new world with dark elves, skaven, vampire counts, lizardmen, high elves & chaos. They could make the map look like the American theatre in empire, but with ulthuan in the middle of the ocean.
  • tinidiablotinidiablo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 324
    edited April 2015
    Double post.
  • tinidiablotinidiablo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 324
    edited April 2015
    Lizardmen also have some extremely interesting fluff which makes them one of my favorite factions out of the sheer "alienness" of them. Such an unique concept as the lizardmen civilisation deserves to be in the game aswell as being playable imo.
  • BigBadWolfBigBadWolf Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 335
    edited April 2015
    Anubis259 wrote: »
    Id love to see them in game, but I also think their the least likly of all the major races to be included. Especially since CA commented saying that by the end of the trilogy, there will be a campaign encompasing the entire 'old world' which lustria isn't a part of.

Im pretty sure it just says the first campaign is in the Old World. Not that all 3 are. :D
  • hephep Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 403
    edited April 2015
    BigBadWolf wrote: »
    Im pretty sure it just says the first campaign is in the Old World. Not that all 3 are. :D

"Future instalments of the trilogy will expand the world-map, bringing unique new terrain and introducing new playable Lords and their races. We’re planning these to be massive standalone follow-ups to the main game (like ATTILA to ROME II). You’ll be able to get just these and play them on their own if you like or, if you have the main game too, you’ll eventually be able to play across an expanded campaign map that includes all available areas of the Old World."
    edited April 2015
    Le_Swede wrote: »
    Lizardmen also have some extremely interesting fluff which makes them one of my favorite factions out of the sheer "alienness" of them. Such an unique concept as the lizardmen civilisation deserves to be in the game aswell as being playable imo.

Imagine havint to go up against an army containg up to a dozen monstrous creatures like that.

I really hope Lizardmen make it into an expansion.

LizardmenMonsters.jpg
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynRegistered Users Posts: 11,114
    edited April 2015
    Yes, I should like to slay the reptile-things with my beloved Dark Elves. I should like to do this a lot.

I also suspect that they'd make undead boss doomstacks. :D
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USARegistered Users Posts: 5,559
    edited April 2015
    I want to see them, I wonder how much a Saurus Skin goes for in the markets of Naggaroth.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynRegistered Users Posts: 11,114
    edited April 2015
    Erminaz wrote: »
    I want to see them, I wonder how much a Saurus Skin goes for in the markets of Naggaroth.

Not as much as human leather, oddly enough. ;)
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"

"Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

• ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USARegistered Users Posts: 5,559
    edited April 2015
    Not as much as human leather, oddly enough. ;)

Well I imagine Human Skin is better for everyday wear while Saurus skin would be better for things that need more durablity.:)
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,519
    edited April 2015
    You two creep me out... :eek: ;)

Here's another for Lizardmen, they would be so different...second on my wishlist after Bretonnia. :)
    Don't worry.
    edited April 2015
    Setrus wrote: »
    You two creep me out... :eek: ;)

Here's another for Lizardmen, they would be so different...second on my wishlist after Bretonnia. :)

Well, they won't be very different once I have finished with them. :rolleyes:

Team Elize von Carstein

• octavian1127octavian1127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,278
    edited April 2015
    Likelihood of lizardmen is slim to none.
    |Sith|Octavian
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,639
    edited April 2015
    Ha! Based on what facts?
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • HardwaremasterHardwaremaster Senior Member In 3dsmax Los Angeles CaliforniaRegistered Users, Tech Moderators Posts: 6,391
    edited April 2015
    This just seems silly...

even if it is really %@)#% cool.
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    "True redundancy is when you are writing a description to describe the word that describes the description you used to describe it." - Christopher Purches

My PC: (2x 980GTX 4GB) (32GB DDR4 2133mhz) (I7 5980K OC 4.5Ghz) (512GB SSDs + 2TB storage drives)

"How on earth is a video game supposed to help you "feel the smell of ash"? Maybe CA could package some up with your disc." -Mackles
    edited April 2015
    This just seems silly...

even if it is really %@)#% cool.

Ruining threads again, Ryan? :rolleyes:

Team Elize von Carstein

• jimshalyjimshaly Member Registered Users Posts: 53
    edited April 2015
    I would love to have Lizarmen. I've just recently managed to pick up the book for them and have been having a blast. They are such an interesting army
  • HardwaremasterHardwaremaster Senior Member In 3dsmax Los Angeles CaliforniaRegistered Users, Tech Moderators Posts: 6,391
    edited April 2015
    Ruining threads again, Ryan? :rolleyes:

What? Its my opinion. It does seem silly. I was contributing to the overall tone of the thread.

I mean these lizard men don't look all that manly, shouldn't they be called the Dinorians or something? Anyways, are they a quality over quantity type troop? Where there are few but big units, or are they numbers like horde style?
    "True redundancy is when you are writing a description to describe the word that describes the description you used to describe it." - Christopher Purches

My PC: (2x 980GTX 4GB) (32GB DDR4 2133mhz) (I7 5980K OC 4.5Ghz) (512GB SSDs + 2TB storage drives)

"How on earth is a video game supposed to help you "feel the smell of ash"? Maybe CA could package some up with your disc." -Mackles
    edited April 2015
    What? Its my opinion. It does seem silly. I was contributing to the overall tone of the thread.

I mean these lizard men don't look all that manly, shouldn't they be called the Dinorians or something? Anyways, are they a quality over quantity type troop? Where there are few but big units, or are they numbers like horde style?

I think the "men" label comes from the bipedal nature of the Skinks, Saurus and Kroxigor. And the use of weapons. And the revelation that some of them can actually talk. :eek:

So, you'd need someone that can actually put together a points-based Warhammer army to properly answer how much they can usually bring to the table. But given the size of Lustria together with the number of temple cities (ruined or otherwise) and the life normally present in jungles, their populations may be vast indeed.

Team Elize von Carstein

• SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,519
    edited April 2015

A bit in between, as I recall, was a long time ago though.
    Skinks, the wee little gekos are very cheap and run around being annoying with poisoned blowpipes, javelins and such, heck they even fly frigging teradons for flying poisoned javelins. :p
    Saurus are pretty tough and strong infantry, can wreck a lot of enemies simply because they have such across the board good stats.
    They're all pretty slow in terms of fighting-speed/initiative, not sure how that would translate into total war.
    They have stegadons too...oh and their toad-mage on a palanquin is like the strongest mage in the universe and comes with the appropriate price-tag. ;)
    So...the smaller the lizard is, the more numerous they are. :p
    Don't worry.
    edited April 2015
    Anyways, are they a quality over quantity type troop? Where there are few but big units, or are they numbers like horde style?

Its a weird mix. I say they field a quantity of quality troops. But they are not very mobile, and lack range fire power. Strong but not too flexible.

The race consist of different breeds of Lizardmen. The idea beeing that every breed beeing created for a very specific purpose in which they exceed, but beeing almost useless in anything else. They also rely heavily on Warbeasts. I think in the TT they are the army that can field the biggest amount of "monsters".

The soldier caste/breed are the Saurus.
    Saurus.jpg

The "civilian" caste are the Skinks.
    Lizardmen-01.jpg

And the heavy labour caste, the Kroxigors.
    3004290495_2_3_4NCL2QVi.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Interesting... But now I am left with more questions than answers. Which is often the case in our conversations. hehe

EDIT:

oops looks like you slipped a post in there while I was sitting around watching something else instead of typing. daggonit.

Thanks for the info Orkfella!

• KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,639
    edited April 2015
    Ask away.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.