Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Did the last Hotfix change the Meta?

obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior MemberPosts: 228Registered Users
edited May 2015 in Multiplayer
Probably most of you noticed that after the Blood & Burn Hotfix the replays got corrupted. That usually means that stats, hidden stats, or abilities chnaged or were added. Im having a hard time finding out what changes were made since the hotfix was unanounced and therefore i have no recollection on how it all was before.
Walrus Jones found a change in the Herculani Seniores stats (better attack).

I have seen some tournament videos and have tried some slightly new army compositions and it seems that more diverse stuff is working better.
I´ve seen Burgundians and Jutes suffering more defeats as well as both roman empires beeing used with more success. It could only be because players are readapting, but that wouldn´t explain the corrupted replays.

Does anyone have a opinion or information about this?
Post edited by obelixthegreat on

Comments

• AggonyDuckAggonyDuck Senior Member Posts: 3,641Registered Users, Smiley
    edited May 2015
    I would assume the corrupted replays are due to changes to animations. Most likely some longer animations are occuring more frequently, which would result in melee combat not being replicated identically.
  • blademaster3090blademaster3090 Senior Member Posts: 402Registered Users
    edited May 2015
    check all the latest tournament replays, burgundians dont lose, jutes hardly ever lose, alans and vandals hardly ever lose, the others are hardly ever taken, because they dont usually win. inb4 player who is among the best in the game says im wrong because he won games with **** factions.
    Check out my youtube channel! Mainly Rome 2 Multiplayer tactics, tutorials and replays :)
    www.youtube.com/wolftotalwar
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    edited May 2015
    It hasn't changed people just have more time to try new stuff
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited May 2015
    AggonyDuck wrote: »
    I would assume the corrupted replays are due to changes to animations. Most likely some longer animations are occuring more frequently, which would result in melee combat not being replicated identically.

That makes a lot of sense. However Herculani Seniores had theirs stats changed and i wonder if they were the only ones.
    edited May 2015
    check all the latest tournament replays, burgundians dont lose, jutes hardly ever lose, alans and vandals hardly ever lose, the others are hardly ever taken, because they dont usually win. inb4 player who is among the best in the game says im wrong because he won games with **** factions.

But its axactly based on this replays im wondering what has changed. Last tournament i played, my opponent won against my jutes build with skirmish heavy Alans build. Than we changed factions, i brought a heavy skirmish alans build and won against the jutes.
    Danko even managed to win with the Franks...it was very close but still... It´s on PPs channel.
    Before it was literally Jutes vs Burgundians and the opposite.
    Also the replays are corrupted to the point of inverting results and even if it is the animations, they now should be playing a bigger role in the gameplay since they had so massive effects over the replays.

But Diplomatt could be right and its just because people been having more time to test, since no patch is hitting.
  • AggonyDuckAggonyDuck Senior Member Posts: 3,641Registered Users, Smiley
    edited May 2015
    That makes a lot of sense. However Herculani Seniores had theirs stats changed and i wonder if they were the only ones.

Are you sure about that one? From what I've seen they've only had an armour increase in patch 2 and have had no stat changes since then.
  • blademaster3090blademaster3090 Senior Member Posts: 402Registered Users
    edited May 2015
    Are you sure about that one? From what I've seen they've only had an armour increase in patch 2 and have had no stat changes since then.

maximus mentioned that some spear unit had their precursor javs removed
    Check out my youtube channel! Mainly Rome 2 Multiplayer tactics, tutorials and replays :)
    www.youtube.com/wolftotalwar
  • PaminaPamina Senior Member Posts: 934Registered Users
    edited May 2015
    Hotfix changed nothing, meta went from heavy shock to mixed shooting/shock to counter the abundance of no shield units.
    "because you know nothing of multi-player and know nothing of tactics." Hero of Freedom (Too much GoT)

I'm Panda_Warrior on steam.
    edited May 2015

You´re right. It was kind of a mix up of questions in the chat. They still have their 35 mellee attack as before.
    That reinforces the fact that the longer animations could be the replay corrupting factor.
    edited May 2015
    maximus mentioned that some spear unit had their precursor javs removed

CA listed that in the hotfix changes but germanic levy still have their one jav, at least in MP.