Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Steam Drop Out

Dale07CorpsDale07Corps Junior MemberPosts: 11Registered Users
edited July 2010 in Napoleon: Total War
When playing a drop in battle or multiplayer game, I am sometimes getting a problem where the game just stops and I get a message saying "You dropped from the game". I haven't. It just seems to crash. This must be very frustrating for my opponent as it is for me. Not sure if this is a steam problem or NTW. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. I want to play more on line but it's just so frustrating.
Post edited by Dale07Corps on

Comments

• Nick StoneNick Stone Senior Member Posts: 385Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    I know exactly what you mean, i have had it alot. Normally its because you have gone out of synch with your opponent, could be because of your connection.
    What does sometimes help is if you join a "hamachi" server. This makes it alot more stable.
    [PORTABLE-ID]nickstone[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • IncubusDragonIncubusDragon Senior Member Behind Enemy Lines... ...a Scotsman in LondonPosts: 1,103Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    It might just be coincidence, but after I freed up a significant amount of space on my hard-drive (I deleted about 30GB of stuff), most of my problems seem to have disappeared. That said, I still get "could not join game" message from time to time but so far haven't dropped mid-game, so it prolly is just a coincidence now that I think of it.
    [PORTABLE-ID]IncubusDragon[/PORTABLE-ID]
    Disorder arises from order, Cowardice arises from courage, Weakness arises from strength - Sun Tzu
    Incubus Dragon |Ronin|
    Click me for Shogun 2 Custom Maps
  • lawman666666lawman666666 Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    I've still got a dial up connection. I can usually join in most games and have only an occasional drop out message. Maybe it is a coincidence but most games that " drop " are close to completion.
  • Nedkil Speedmeister GNedkil Speedmeister G Banned Posts: 306Banned Users
    edited July 2010
    I am fortunate enough to have a very good connection but recently i was getting lost connection etc.I validated my steam files for the game and it would get to 74% and seem to go no further so i uninstalled game and reinstalled it then validated files to 100% and now no connection problems.This is maybe worth a try as it has worked for me.
  • Dale07CorpsDale07Corps Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for all your comments, I've been working through everything. Just one question re: validating files ....... can you advise me how you did this, I'm not sure and don't wish to mess things up! Thanks fellow NTW players
  • Dale07CorpsDale07Corps Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Doh! Please ignore the last post (no not the sad bugle player). Logged on to Steam and validating files as I type. I'll see how I get on. Thanks again.