Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is it possible to adjust the health of officers and generals?

AggonyDuckAggonyDuck Senior MemberRegistered Users, Smiley Posts: 3,641
edited May 2015 in Assembly Kit
I'm currently working on a mod that involves a redesign of the health mechanics of the game. The problem I have run into is that the health of generals do not match the health of the other men in their units, which means that they are incredibly difficult to kill in my mod. It is clear that the officers and generals are getting bonus health from somewhere, but it is unclear to me whether it is possible to adjust those values in the data tables and, if so, from where. So is it possible for a mod to adjust general bonus health?
Post edited by AggonyDuck on

Comments

• PetelliusPetellius Senior Member Lancaster UKRegistered Users Posts: 210
    edited May 2015
    AggonyDuck wrote: »
    I'm currently working on a mod that involves a redesign of the health mechanics of the game. The problem I have run into is that the health of generals do not match the health of the other men in their units, which means that they are incredibly difficult to kill in my mod. It is clear that the officers and generals are getting bonus health from somewhere, but it is unclear to me whether it is possible to adjust those values in the data tables and, if so, from where. So is it possible for a mod to adjust general bonus health?

As far as I and the rest of the Ancient Empires team have figured out, no we don't think it is possible as we use 1hp system and that makes generals kind of invincible.
    Petellius
    Battle Balancing and BAI for Ancient Empires, a Rome 2 and Attila overhaul.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2095-Antiqua-Imperium-(AI)

My youtube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_fJ0qji1DnEC9FFIWr22Q
  • RealWarfareRealWarfare Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,036
    edited May 2015
    It was introduced in Patch 7 for Rome II and has been in since. Obviously a handy mechanic to keep the officers alive for a little longer, but it does create problems for mods that tamper with the health of units too much. As Petellius said, there is no known solution at this point - chances are the bonus health is hardcoded. With a measure of luck, however, we might find that CA implement this in one of the officer or land units tables with the next patch or so.
    The best is yet to come