Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to get rich.

GalenMyraGalenMyra Junior MemberPosts: 16Registered Users
edited April 2011 in Total War: Shogun 2
I've found a very easy way to get rich, unless all other clans hate you. You can sell millitary access. A friendly clan will gladly pay you over 1000 gold for 5 turns of millitary access. it's a little bit harder with indifferent or unfriendly clans but you should get at least 500 gold for 5 turns.

Selling millitary access really doesnt seem to have any drawbacks, it doesnt seem to effect the AIs willingess to attack you and the AI won't exploit it to attack unprotected provinces or anything like that.

So lets say you get an avarage of 800 for selling 5 turns to a clan. And lets say there are 5 clans willing to pay for millitary access, then you will be scooping in 4000 gold extra each 5 turns.

If you dont like doing this every 5 turns you can do it for 20 turns but it tends to give you less money. The most I've gotten out of a single clan for 20 turns is 3600 gold.

I'm playing on legendary difficulty so this should work on all difficulties.
Post edited by GalenMyra on

Comments

• spicykoreanspicykorean Senior Member Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    edited April 2011
  • HeirofAlexanderHeirofAlexander Senior Member Posts: 1,088Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    really nice tip
  • The3mperorThe3mperor Member Posts: 32Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Everyday I discover something new about this game. Thanks for the tip, most appreciative.
  • Bandit17Bandit17 Senior Member Posts: 448Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Good advice:D
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on Earth... -Bertrand Russell
  • CarnagejcCarnagejc Senior Member Posts: 569Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Nice tip!
    Look, east the river flows
    Waves rolling over a thousand heroes
    Smile, at this mountainous land
    Victory and defeat lost in dust and sand
  • xdarkcodexxdarkcodex Senior Member Posts: 119Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Never though about selling my military access away. Awesome tip.
  • WargamerWargamer Senior Member Posts: 525Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    This has been known for many weeks already. Though I too was tipped by someone in this forum. This has been discussed many times already.
  • Shadow_WarriorShadow_Warrior Senior Member Posts: 240Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the tip.
    The Art of War is in ensuring the enemy know they have no chance of Victory.
  • lagrangeweilagrangewei Junior Member Posts: 23Registered Users
    edited April 2011
  • Maurice76Maurice76 Senior Member Posts: 373Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Wargamer wrote: »
    This has been known for many weeks already. Though I too was tipped by someone in this forum. This has been discussed many times already.

First time I heard about it, though, and I do frequent here ;). But it's a nice tip anyway! Will use that in my next campaign for sure.
  • uizueite@gmail.comuizueite@gmail.com Member Posts: 32Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Honestly its a nice tip but, it should be FIXED, cause that looks more like cheating than to actulay make use of diplomacy in a realistic way. You know what i mean?

Selling free passage that in 95% of the cases AI aint even gona use, its not like selling tech. or military protection.
    Make Love not Poorn!
  • Sir MaruSir Maru Senior Member Posts: 202Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    GalenMyra wrote: »
    I've found a very easy way to get rich, unless all other clans hate you. You can sell millitary access. A friendly clan will gladly pay you over 1000 gold for 5 turns of millitary access. it's a little bit harder with indifferent or unfriendly clans but you should get at least 500 gold for 5 turns.

Selling millitary access really doesnt seem to have any drawbacks, it doesnt seem to effect the AIs willingess to attack you and the AI won't exploit it to attack unprotected provinces or anything like that.

So lets say you get an avarage of 800 for selling 5 turns to a clan. And lets say there are 5 clans willing to pay for millitary access, then you will be scooping in 4000 gold extra each 5 turns.

If you dont like doing this every 5 turns you can do it for 20 turns but it tends to give you less money. The most I've gotten out of a single clan for 20 turns is 3600 gold.

I'm playing on legendary difficulty so this should work on all difficulties.

I'm playing on Lengendary difficulty now using Uesugi and tried this. When I offered 10 turns military access to a friendly clan, I did manage to get 1,000 kokuku.

It worked with 2 clans but was turned down by the others. I had to sweeten the offer with a military alliance for one of them.

Thanks.
  • KERAKERA Senior Member Posts: 146Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Elo fellows :)

This makes me so sad *smiles* going back to my bed.

BR AN.
    I´m one of the happy few whom never bought Rome 2

BR AN.
  • BatavusBatavus Senior Member Posts: 457Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Play as Chosokabe. Basic army configuration:

Don't build any province improvements other than rice fields and roads. After you conquer the island, you should have also captured all the military buildings you will need for a while. Don't even improve your own fort: it will not come under direct attack if you have the entire island plus an army to defend it in the field.

Advised army composition: 1 General, 1 or 2 Samurai bowmen, 1 Yari Samuari, 5 Ashigaru bowmen, all other: Yari Ashigaru.
    Add 2 or 3 light cavalry to your army when you are able to and only use them to flank or to chase fleeing enemy units. But if you see unprotected enemy Bow Ashigaru, go ahead. And basically, for any important target of opportunity, be ready to sacrifice your cavalry like when you spot his general unit. If possible, reinforce your cavalry attack with Yari Ashigaru.

Remember that all Ashigaru unit types are expendable (same goes for light cavalry). They love to die for you and you can recruit them back in 1 turn if you have 4 or 5 provinces. The only thing Ashigaru units need to do: form spearwall before engaging in melee combat and keep the enemy units occupied while you flank him with archers and cavalry. Playing VH battles, this Ashigaru unit of mine kept fighting when Inspired untill they had only 13 men left.

Navy: your Bow ships are the equivalent of super Ashigaru units once you have the fire arrows ability. There's no damage to your honour if you burn his Samurai alive rather than try to beat them with boarding actions.

Choose the military and civil tech that take the shortest to complete but also the techs that will structurally improve your situation. That is why terrace rice fields are so important to me. Don't try to complete objectives that are out of your reach (like capture this and that province).
    No darn samurai ever won a war by dying honourably. He won it by letting the other poor samurai die honoroubly.

Napoleon Total War: France Vs. Oldenburg NEW
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=talR3UZGt8M

Shogun 2 Total War: Chaos At Sea
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRPkLPJbAr8
  • GalenMyraGalenMyra Junior Member Posts: 16Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Honestly its a nice tip but, it should be FIXED, cause that looks more like cheating than to actulay make use of diplomacy in a realistic way. You know what i mean?

Selling free passage that in 95% of the cases AI aint even gona use, its not like selling tech. or military protection.

95%? I have actually never seen an AI make use of millitary access, so it's probably more like 100% unused, so yes, I completely agree with you. That's actually why i brought this whole thing up; to notify the developers.
  • SchepelSchepel Senior Member Posts: 1,283Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    This thing has been a part of all TW games to date. You are actually supposed to 'abuse' it, I think.
  • Maurice76Maurice76 Senior Member Posts: 373Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Sir Maru wrote: »
    I'm playing on Lengendary difficulty now using Uesugi and tried this. When I offered 10 turns military access to a friendly clan, I did manage to get 1,000 kokuku.

It worked with 2 clans but was turned down by the others. I had to sweeten the offer with a military alliance for one of them.

Thanks.

Lol, you pulled a nice one on us, Sir Maru! All the time claiming you can't even beat "Easy", and here you are, taking on Legendary ;). /salute

And Batavus, I take it your post should have been for another topic? I don't see it bearing any relevance to the topic being discussed here.
  • spicykoreanspicykorean Senior Member Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    LOL so he was a troll after all! Oh well, I admit that I've been had. Nice 1! :)

Back on topic though, are you sure that you've never seen the AI use military access? I swear that I've seen it happen in my games, after my turn the diplomacy pane will open and a clan asks for military access exchange, then they march their troops right through my provinces.
    I think that this happened when one of their provinces were taken over by rebels and were cut off.
  • SchepelSchepel Senior Member Posts: 1,283Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    The AI uses access when it has need for it. It won't just march in units for the hell of it, usually. :P
  • bshambsham Senior Member Posts: 405Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Not really much different to the Ashigaru garrison and high tax thing. It's really just an exploit and takes away the challenge. Good for those who are finding it hard but doubt I will be using it.
    Quote of the Decade

"It doesn't matter how pretty your game looks, or how many players you have on screen, if the frame-rate continually drops, it knocks the player out of the experience and back to the real world, ultimately driving them away from your game if it persists." - Eurogamer
  • Lord DaemLord Daem Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the tip. I gave up Military Access for free for a military alliance. I can't remember who with but I was playing the Chokosabe (I hope I spelt that right) and I'd just taken over the island they were on and moved onto the mainland and took a clans last territory, only to find I was completely surrounded by another clan. Thankfully they offered me a Military Alliance, so I counter offered Unlimited Military Access for both of us.....but didn't ask for any money :(
  • BatavusBatavus Senior Member Posts: 457Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Maurice76 wrote: »
    (...)

And Batavus, I take it your post should have been for another topic? I don't see it bearing any relevance to the topic being discussed here.

Perhaps. Though the thing is if you don't improve buildings and keep your army mainly Ashigaru then you should also not have financial problems.
    No darn samurai ever won a war by dying honourably. He won it by letting the other poor samurai die honoroubly.

Napoleon Total War: France Vs. Oldenburg NEW
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=talR3UZGt8M

Shogun 2 Total War: Chaos At Sea
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRPkLPJbAr8