Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Start full campaign without going through tutorials.

FarflameFarflame Junior MemberPosts: 4Registered Users
edited June 2015 in Napoleon: Total War
I'm sure it's a commonly asked question but loads of searches later and I can't find a thing.

I've just reinstalled and I want to start a new full campaign but it's greyed-out and I'm limited to the tutorial and minor campaigns. Had a search around in the folders for a 'settings.txt' or something along those lines but can't find it, or remember how to do this. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks in advance.

Incidentally, last time I played, it did still crash occasionally in battles. Was this ever fixed? It's not always a huge problem but it can be annoying if you play a 1 hour battle, then it crashes on the next battle.
Post edited by Farflame on

Comments

• LecourbeLecourbe Senior Member Posts: 610Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    You have to work your way through the campaigns in order. You start with Italy, then Egypt etc., etc. When you have won the first campaign within the time limit, you are then able to move on to the next one. When you have won each one in order, you can then play them in any order, as much as you like.
    I believe most of the crashes are due to times when the site has immense numbers of members trying to play at the same time. Always save before each campaign battle, so you don't have go all the way back to your previous save.
  • FarflameFarflame Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    I know you can work your way through the campaigns, but I really don't want to do it all over again (having done it when the game was released years ago). I've just reinstalled and want to start with the full campaign. I know there's a way to do it - some change in the settings or something, but can't find out how.

I do have the game auto-save whenever I click next turn and if it crashes, I can restart from there. But it's annoying if there are 3 or 4 battles in a single turn, especially if it crashes on the final battle.
  • shrspeedbladeshrspeedblade Senior Member Posts: 313Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    It's been so long I could be wrong, but I thought you only had to start each campaign to go to the next?

If that doesn't work, just set it on easy and autoresolve your way through- shouldn't take long at all!
    <---- That's how I look after all the NTW I've played!
  • BMNOBLE981BMNOBLE981 Senior Member Posts: 1,208Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    All you have to do is start each of the campaigns to unlock the next campaign.
    Dr Zoidberg "We fight over matters of honour, and whether or not abbreviations count in scrabble. THEY DON'T"

“My fault. What I said in the guild was incorrect: rather than ‘death is certain if you follow me’, I actually meant ‘come along and I shall slaughter the lot of you’.”

Ainz Ooal Gown Overlord Light Novels