Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SHOGUN now on Steam!

Nico CANico CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 1,222Registered Users
edited August 2015 in SHOGUN: Total War
Hi Guys,

Out now are the original SHOGUN: Total War and MEDIEVAL: Total War on Steam and compatible with modern resolutions for the first time.

Med: http://store.steampowered.com/app/345260?beta=1

Shogun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/345240?beta=1

Also this for this weekend, you will be able to try out some of the biggest Total War games for free from 6pm GMT on Thursday 25th June until 6pm GMT on Sunday 28th June! If you want to buy what you’ve tried, most of the Total War catalogue on Steam will be up to 75% off with all DLC (excluding Total War: ATTILA – The Last Roman) at 50% off.

Details on all the offers and the free weekend is located here: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/free_total_war_weekend_2015/
- CA Senior Community Coordinator -

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Post edited by Nico CA on

Comments

• IamOdysseusIamOdysseus Member ΚαταλονίαPosts: 73Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    It works great! Thanks :D
  • TW Is My LoveTW Is My Love Senior Member Posts: 399Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    great job CA. ty
    ==
    Sassanid Monarchy Coming Soon
  • BrandeXBrandeX Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    Will you add Steam keys to your sales on Gamersgate?
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SHOGUNG/shogun-total-war

Let's face it, Securom sucks and it would be great if Steam keys could be added to Gamersgate purchases so people can install and play from there instead.
  • RoofLizardRoofLizard Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    Yeah this is great news but I bought Shogun on Gamersgate last year and it doesn't work on Windows 8. Any chance you will update Gamersgate's version or make the keys work with Steam?

I've been itching to play Shogun again for over a year :confused:

EDIT\

argh I couldn't resist and got it again on Steam anyway, finally I can play Shogun again!
  • MrYellowMrYellow Member Posts: 125Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    Please, release both Shogun and Medieval on GoG.com as well, not only STEAM!
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

¤ ANTI PRE-ORDER AND DAY 1 DLC MOVEMENT ¤
  • EmperorOfRomeEmperorOfRome Senior Member Posts: 594Registered Users
    edited July 2015
    Nice for the people who always wanted to try this oldies, but isnt the price a bit too high? Rome total war and medieval total war are as expensive as shogun and medieval are, while they are newer and have more gameplay things.
    Pro gloria Imperi!
  • ZwirbaumZwirbaum Senior Member Posts: 333Registered Users
    edited July 2015
    Nice for the people who always wanted to try this oldies, but isnt the price a bit too high? Rome total war and medieval total war are as expensive as shogun and medieval are, while they are newer and have more gameplay things.

They are much better than RTW and MTW 2, and it subjective with that "more gameplay" things.
  • EmperorOfRomeEmperorOfRome Senior Member Posts: 594Registered Users
    edited July 2015
    Zwirbaum wrote: »
    They are much better than RTW and MTW 2, and it subjective with that "more gameplay" things.
    Well, that's your opinion :o
    Pro gloria Imperi!
  • noxxznoxxz Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited July 2015
    That's good! but... I bought it but now I cannot play using an Intel HD graphics... I know it is weak for some Total War series but come on! we're talking about our old Shogun Total War! Even in Steam system requirements page it only shows "Graphics: DirectX 9 graphic card ".

And please don't tell me to buy a new graphic cards or something ( like a guy that said in Steam community ) because I bought it to play at my office ( Dell, Core2Duo 4GB ) and I will not upgrade my PC to play a game which runs in almost every old machine.

Is there some way to avoid that graphics check? ^^
  • Maeda_ToshiieMaeda_Toshiie Senior Member SingaporePosts: 3,596Registered Users
    edited July 2015
    noxxz wrote: »
    That's good! but... I bought it but now I cannot play using an Intel HD graphics... I know it is weak for some Total War series but come on! we're talking about our old Shogun Total War! Even in Steam system requirements page it only shows "Graphics: DirectX 9 graphic card ".

And please don't tell me to buy a new graphic cards or something ( like a guy that said in Steam community ) because I bought it to play at my office ( Dell, Core2Duo 4GB ) and I will not upgrade my PC to play a game which runs in almost every old machine.

Is there some way to avoid that graphics check? ^^

The original disc version of mine (mostly) works fine on my i5-2500K's integrated GPU.
    Total War Forums, the official forums of the Total War series:

Forum terms and conditions
    Technology Discussion Section
    How not to assemble a PC

Google-fu, the best skill in solving technical issues.

Faibo waipa!
  • flypflyp Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited August 2015
    Thank you so much for updating this for steam.

I tried forever to get this game running (including using Oracle VM, Hyper V, even considering dual booting my machine to winxp).

Now everything just works flawlessly right from the start.
  • wgvenomwgvenom Junior Member Posts: 27Registered Users
    Thank you I love the games and this completes my collection and this is fun to play and enjoy as a lover of military history
  • Magic_jiaMagic_jia Posts: 4Registered Users
    Hello, everyone. I am a veteran player from China. From the time of SHOGUN: TOTAL WAR, I was deeply fascinated by this game. The Three Kingdoms + total war mode game has always been the dream of my generation. Thank CA for my dream! Let me just say, as an old player of nearly 40 years old, my English is very poor. This passage is translated by the translation software. Please forgive me if there are any mistakes.
  • hoomhoom Posts: 46Registered Users
    Hey guys,
    Very old time player here, very happy that CA got Shogun 1 & Med 1 updated to work on modern OS & released on Steam :)

I think its the 3rd or 4th time I've purchased Shogun 1 over the years...

Anyway, 1 issue I've been having is the 2d parts run at lower resolution than the main game, causes my monitor to switch modes & that moves windows across onto my 2ndary monitor which is annoying.

Does anyone know of a way to fix that?
    I suspect maybe a GPU/display scaling setting (I have Radeon RX480, Dell 30" 2560*1600 primary, 1920*1200 2ndary) but haven't been able to work out one that does fix it.
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...