Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How to create encampments for Land Battles without crashes

PetelliusPetellius Senior MemberLancaster UKRegistered Users Posts: 210
edited June 2015 in Assembly Kit
So far I have created a realistic Roman Marching Camp and was wondering if anyone had created an encampment successfully as mine seems to randomly repeat the camp about 20 times across the map and then when I press start battle it crashes.

So I was really just wondering how successful people have been creating cities and such so far
Petellius
Battle Balancing and BAI for Ancient Empires, a Rome 2 and Attila overhaul.
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2095-Antiqua-Imperium-(AI)

My youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_fJ0qji1DnEC9FFIWr22Q
Post edited by Petellius on

Comments

• GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,179
    edited June 2015
    Never build a complete map in one go and then test it. Never. :P

Start small first and test in steps.
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • Quintus_PetilliusQuintus_Petillius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 145
    edited June 2015
    Did we get a save as battlefield fix with TED?
    Steam ID: Quintus_Petillius_Cerialis
    Steam maps
  • Mr_JMr_J Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 296
    edited June 2015
    Komenos wrote: »
    Did we get a save as battlefield fix with TED?
    yes it works.
    edited June 2015
    Nice, didnt see any announcements.
    Steam maps
  • revan.berevan.be Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 113
    edited June 2015
    uhh, really? dont yet see anything in the maps section .
    dont mean to be impatient, but if it were really fixed , wouldnt people already have ninja´d a first map,
    especially since i hear theyve already been working on it (fruitlessly) since the tools release?
    edited June 2015
    revan.be wrote: »
    uhh, really? dont yet see anything in the maps section .
    dont mean to be impatient, but if it were really fixed , wouldnt people already have ninja´d a first map,
    especially since i hear theyve already been working on it (fruitlessly) since the tools release?

You want me to ninja a map onto the workshop? No problem. Give me a couple of minutes.
    Grudge's Mods
    edited June 2015
    Grudge's Mods
    edited June 2015
    Judging by the comments I was not the only one surprised that the Editor works. I am sure a lot of people didnt know and I just started on making one of my WIPs ready to test.
    Steam maps
    edited June 2015
    2015-06-27_00001.jpg2015-06-27_00002.jpg

My WiP

I am working on making Hadrians wall into a battle. Its really just a simple concept. A wall and a square fort in the middle where the defenders are.

I was finally able to test and I discovered two things. There is something wrong with the background. Persian castles appeared out of nowhere. And I have to figure out how to allow units to go through the gatehouse and man the walls. My units couldnt go through the gatehouse... something about the terrain.

But once it is done It should be a fun multiplayer map. Attackers start at the bottom of the hill and have to charge up a hill to attack the defenders in a fort. Later Ill try to add it to the campaign map as a custom battle location.
    Steam maps
  • revan.berevan.be Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 113
    edited June 2015
    Thank you for proving its fixed , fills my heart with hope for Attila,
    especially for when the campaign battlemap mods come out , which the mod summit said would be possible ..
    sigh, if only i had more time to actually play ...
  • Sieggi858Sieggi858 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 527
    edited June 2015
    I plan on trying to make either a heavily defended fort, or a castle fortress kinda deal. Just gonna sketch it out first before trying to do anything in TeD.

A question; Has anybody tried to add in creeks or rivers yet? I was wanting to create a motte-and-bailey kinda thing, but wasn't sure if anyone had any luck adding in water to a map yet
    Processor: AMD FX-6300 six-core processor 3.5ghz
    Ram: 8gb
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290x
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
    Hoplites had swords but only the Spartans actually trained themselves in its use. The rest had it only as decoration.
    edited June 2015
    I got water on my map by accident. I think it is possible by just making the ground elevation less than 1. Try it out.
    Steam maps