Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Patch 17 Public Version now available! (20/08/2015)

Matty CAMatty CA Creative AssemblyRegistered Users Posts: 595
edited November 2017 in General Discussion

Hi all,

We have deployed an updated version of Patch 17.0 BETA for both Total War: ROME II – Emperor Edition and Total War: ROME II - Assembly Kit BETA to include support for audio modding moving forward, and a fix to the new theme selector. The Total War: ROME II – Emperor Edition update will be automatically downloaded via Steam if you are already using the beta version of Patch 17.0 for ROME II.

Click on the link below to obtain further details on those changes, and how to opt into the Total War: ROME II - Assembly Kit BETA:
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_17_Beta

Hi all,

Just in time for the weekend we have some exciting news about Total War: ROME II for you - the public beta for the next Patch for Total War: ROME II is now available.

With this beta we’re aiming to solve some technical issues with the Mac version and some residual campaign and battle issues. This incorporates a large number of balance changes across the different playable factions in ROME II for both Mac and PC versions. These include alterations to unit rosters, building and resource effects, garrison compositions, culture and faction traits in all campaigns, and more.

You can find the full patch notes including instructions on how to opt into the beta on our official Total War Wiki: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_17_Beta

To get the most of all the improvements in this patch we recommend starting a new campaign.

See you on the battlefield!

We have deployed an updated version of Patch 17.0 BETA for Total War: ROME II to include a few changes and improvements related to the Mod Manager, building costs as well as faction and unit effects.
The update will be automatically downloaded via Steam if you are already using the beta version of Patch 17.0 for ROME II.

Click on the link below to obtain further details on those changes:
http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/159608

***UPDATE 20/08/2015***

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late notification, we did go live with the public version of Patch 17 for Total War: ROME II earlier today as announced on our official Facebook & Twitter accounts.

The update will be automatically downloaded via Steam however players who opted for the beta version will have to opt out via the BETA tab from the properties of the game. Players who started a new campaign with the beta patch will also be able to continue their campaign once the public version has been fully downloaded.

We highly recommend players not to use their mods until they have been fully updated by their authors in order to avoid experiencing any issues that could prevent the game from starting or working as attended.

You can check the latest list of changes on our official Wiki:
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_17

- Nico
Community Co-ordinator - Total War Digital Team

Total War Battles Social Media Channels
Facebook: /totalwarbattles
Twitter: @totalwarbattles

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Post edited by CA_Whelan on

Comments

• SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,673
    edited July 2015
    Sweet. :cool:
    Don't worry.
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,715
    edited July 2015
    Yay !

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS and TROY campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Senones, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
    ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
    AWB: Cao Cao, King Mulu, Liu Biao, Lü Bu, Meng Huo, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
    EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Hector, Hippolyta, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Sarpedon.
  • AxelradAxelrad Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 633
    edited July 2015
    Looks great!
  • NorthvirNorthvir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 344
    edited July 2015
    Today was a good day.
  • frozenmenbgfrozenmenbg Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 762
    edited July 2015
    Modders - Prepare yourselfs - Update your mods for 1 last time !!!
    This is my +FrozenmenBG+'s Collector's Rome 2 Overhaul Mod Pack Edition In top 8 Highest voted Mod compilations for Rome 2 in the Steam Workshop.

Check out The Barbarian Invasions - Overhaul Mod for the Grand Campaign with 8 New Starting dates(395ad-681ad) mod coming soon to TW: Attila. It adds several new factions to the game with their unique rosters .
  • MiraklumMiraklum Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 410
    edited July 2015
    What a nice surprise:cool:
  • CSiva13CSiva13 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 809
    edited July 2015
    whoa that's a 1.4 GB patch , lots of bugs fixes and some nice additions manly the Dacian spears added to Odrissians and faction mercenaries to Iberian's etc , lets hope the patch don't bring more bugs , i think the massalian axe warriors and scythian hoplites should be recruited from tier 2 barracks not 3 since they are not that great units , scythian hoplites are week than normal hoplites IMO .
    edit , so i was wrong and CA have another patch for Rome 2 , never felt so good to be wrong :D
    Rome 2 finished campaigns .
    GC---Odrysian Kingdom, Lusitani , Cimmeria , Iceni , Baktria , Massagetae , Sparta ,Pergamon , Getae , Athens .
    HATG---Lusitani , Syracuse , Rome .
    IA----Lepidus .
    CIG---Nervii .
    WOS---Boiotian League
  • PezhetairosPezhetairos Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 217
    edited July 2015
    Wow thanks CA, these are some nice changes right here.

Btw, will there be another DLC or is WoS the last one? In any case, good news.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,539
    edited July 2015
    Looks as if I have a new round of campaigns coming up!
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
  • Emperor DomitianusEmperor Domitianus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,243
    edited July 2015
    Excellent. Alot of fixes. However I espect more to come with some DLC and campaign DLCs.
  • Welsh_DragonWelsh_Dragon Senior Member Great BritainRegistered Users Posts: 2,914
    edited July 2015
    Nice looking patch.

I am a bit disappointed to see most of the negative faction traits seem to have been removed. I like them as I think they add additional challenge or cultural identity to factions.
    CraigK CA wrote:
    I think Welsh Dragon knows too much...
    "You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment."
  • MalagoruMalagoru Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 487
    edited July 2015
    I was going to start another Attila campaign... I have no choice now, Rome II here I come :D
  • Welsh_DragonWelsh_Dragon Senior Member Great BritainRegistered Users Posts: 2,914
    edited July 2015
    ostrogoth wrote: »
    I was going to start another Attila campaign... I have no choice now, Rome II here I come :D

"Trust your feelings. You know it to be true."
    CraigK CA wrote:
  • VastatorVastator Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    edited July 2015
    Can't try this now. Can someone look if they "finally" put an option to toggle the proximity fading, like in attila?
    Disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Also because i don't work for The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Creator of "Vastator Unit Style" for Shogun 2: Here or here
  • rohirrimDAANrohirrimDAAN Member Registered Users Posts: 77
    edited July 2015
    Just logged in to say: THANK YOU SEGA!!!

"Furthermore, I consider that Carthage must be destroyed"
  • Emperor DomitianusEmperor Domitianus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,243
    edited July 2015
    One of the most welcome things is the return of the Eagle Main screen. I had enough of needing for modding to make it back since i hate sparta theme.
    I hope more attila type graphical tweaks will be inserted later..
  • frozenmenbgfrozenmenbg Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 762
    edited July 2015
    Vastator wrote: »
    Can't try this now. Can someone look if they "finally" put an option to toggle the proximity fading, like in attila?
    just saw and the Answer is No...
    One of the most welcome things is the return of the Eagle Main screen. I had enough of needing for modding to make it back since i hate sparta theme.
    BTW how to change it? It's mentioned you can change it.

from the main Menu - on the right down corner choose your main menu wallpaper.
    This is my +FrozenmenBG+'s Collector's Rome 2 Overhaul Mod Pack Edition In top 8 Highest voted Mod compilations for Rome 2 in the Steam Workshop.

Check out The Barbarian Invasions - Overhaul Mod for the Grand Campaign with 8 New Starting dates(395ad-681ad) mod coming soon to TW: Attila. It adds several new factions to the game with their unique rosters .
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,539
    edited July 2015

Lower right part of the screen on the main page. Left and right arrow around the theme name.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
  • dark prensdark prens Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 302
    edited July 2015
    Thanks Ca. This looks promising :) Now Rome 2 is going to be best total war.
    edited July 2015

On the main menu, bottom right, theres the name of the menu and < > to select which one you want.

EDIT: Curse you dge1!:D
    CraigK CA wrote:
  • HoffmeisterHoffmeister Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 220
    edited July 2015
    Herewith you managed to restore my faith in The Creative Assembly! ****, this was about ******' time :D
    Futher on I can now buy future CA games in cheerful spirits!

ps: Next goal finishing Empire TW? :D
    If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
    edited July 2015
    On the main menu, bottom right, theres the name of the menu and < > to select which one you want.

EDIT: Curse you dge1!:D

Thx man. Sorry I edited as I spotted it on the bottom right corner ;)
    Herewith you managed to restore my faith in The Creative Assembly! ****, this was about ******' time :D
    Futher on I can now buy future CA games in cheerful spirits!

ps: Next goal finishing Empire TW? :D

Well let's first finish to polish R2 and add some more DLCs. Empire is now far too old even if I would really like to see some more polishing on it since it's one of my favourite TW. R2 is the fist choice.
  • BloodSpillerBloodSpiller Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 542
    edited July 2015
  • Matty CAMatty CA Creative Assembly Registered Users Posts: 595
    edited July 2015
    Hey all,

If you have specific feedback on the beta patch or any issues you find, it would be great if you could post in the Support Forum here.

As for the faction traits, the devs wanted to rework them so they would play a little more uniquely. Your feedback on those changes would be much appreciated.

Ta,
    Matty
    Community Co-ordinator - Total War Digital Team

Total War Battles Social Media Channels
    Facebook: /totalwarbattles
    Twitter: @totalwarbattles

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    edited July 2015
    Nice update, but no new features?

I wouldn't expect any this late in a games life cycle. That said there are a couple:

UI: •Added a new theme selection option to the title screen.

Campaign: •All resource building chains now give a global bonus to all regions

Units: •Added Dacian Spears to Odrysian Kingdom unit roster (They have spears now!:D)
    CraigK CA wrote:
  • Lord_DGPLord_DGP Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 733
    edited July 2015
    Didn't expect that, thank you very much!! :)
    edited July 2015
    Nice update, but no new features?

Well I do not espect anything radical as it would be very difficult. I would prefer the addition of the same graphical tweaks applied to Attila, the elimination of the LOD which is awfull (it could be an option for low end machines to be set off) and some new DLCs for new campaigns in the east and during Imperial age.
  • ArgonArgon Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,501
    edited July 2015
    Thank you CA! :)
    My favorite factions in TW titles:
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - UK
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon
    Attila - Western Roman Empire
    Warhammer - Empire (Karl Franz)
    Three kingdoms - Sun Jian
    edited July 2015
    I would like to understand this :

•Texture quality is now based on the available memory on the machine instead of the graphics settings selected.

I mean the texture quality has been upgraded or are the same and the game automatically select the best so that even if you have a low-end machine and select Ultra you don't get them?
  • TheTankTheTank Member Registered Users Posts: 94
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for the Patch CA, I hope you will release a couple of DLC's for Rome2 as well.
    I few new Germanic & Brittanic tribes and desert factions would be nice.